It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FB - Find Bigfoot announcement: "HUGE" new video coming Sept 10

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hesse
reply to post by buddhasystem

Ahh maaan! I was just about to write a nice reply!

But as a matter of fact we don't know. I did spend time looking for the details of the "Signs" movie production but couldn't find anything. So the moving figure could "possibly" be a skinny actor in a grey suit.

And speaking biomechanics, that shiny robot in Star Wars was originally played by an actor in a metallic looking costume. If you start to analyze the motion and proportions of the robot, you'll find out they aren't quite human. Sorry I just don't see a "smoking gun" evidence in the PG film, and much less in anything else so far presented here.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

If you start to analyze the motion and proportions of the robot, you'll find out they aren't quite human.

Well, the proportions of C3PO(i take it that's the character you're referring to) are human, the movements are embellished yes, but the shape is definitely human.

The PG creature has disproportionately long arms, they reach down to its the knees. Prosthetics have been ruled out as we can see the creature's fingers moving in a few frames of the film. This level of detail was not a feature in costumes of that period, and the most notable character who claims to have been the guy in the suit says he was wearing gloves as part of the costume. It doesn't add up.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I still hold out that we need a representative sample; a body, either alive or dead.

The last video in color posted, at 12:15, a rifle can even be glimpsed on the tent floor.

From time to time we hear about hunters claiming to watch/witness sasquatch through their rifle scopes.

There's even one or two who have claimed to have shot and killed a sasquatch, but, these, for all they're worth are just stories with no body, just like fish stories.

While I'm not keen on the idea of people running amok murdering bigfoot, we still need a body, if only temporarily.
Researchers can certainly get Ketamine darts, or some other fast acting, large animal tranquilizer as means for obtaining a live capture, if only to get close capture photos and videos of hands-on measurement, blood samples, vitals, and other statistics where then the animal/primate/hominid is left in situ to recover and walk it off back into the wild.

Real, serious, credible research into this animal/primate/hominid is, however, extremely difficult to come by in field filled more with personalities than credibility.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I hear ya, bodies.

I have to say though, if I was out in the wilds, if I was armed, and saw one of these things, I sure as hell would not shoot at it. But maybe that's just me, I've read the tales, I've read and listened to witness accounts a plenty. They're big, they are powerful, there are usually more than one of them.

And I don't believe in killing something unless it's absolutely necessary anyway. Let em be.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Usually once, sometimes twice a year, I'll abscond from civilization, and run solo to some place around the country, different every time, into the wilderness for a week, or two of getting away, far far away from everyone and everything.

I've never once encountered anything bigfooty. No tracks, or anything else spooky, and there have been times I've been in supposed bigfoot territory, but, alas, no, I've seen no such thing.

If I did, however, sitting here at a desktop, I can say for certain that were I to run into one, I'd feel it necessary to take means to protect myself, what with primitive wilderness trekking solo and all. I carry a pistol on these excursions, and have never had reason to use it, but, a bigfoot, if close enough, would find me giving chase and shooting, for my safety, and also for SCIENCE!

In reality, I can't say what would actually happen. Getting stalked by wolves or encountering other big predators like bear, or puma, is scary enough. Bigfoot?
It's an "animal" I'm unfamiliar with and don't know how to treat as a hazard.
Supposedly they're nocturnal, and do essentially what people can do, like climbing trees and throwing heavy things but better and faster too?
They sound a little scary.

Close enough encounter, I'd shoot. For my own safety, and for science, but, in reality, on the spot, who's to say what I'd do?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
I've never once encountered anything bigfooty. No tracks, or anything else spooky, and there have been times I've been in supposed bigfoot territory, but, alas, no, I've seen no such thing.

I'm very skeptical, as usual... But let me add these facts:

a long time ago a group of people I know were trekking in North Russia. They were hiking with portable kayaks and taking trips on lakes as necessary. Once they saw that the dew on a large stretch of grass was knocked down in a pattern suggesting someone walked like a human, except it was a long distance away from any village or population center. When they finally made it to a small village and spoke to people there, they were told matter-of-fact kind of like, that it was the "Ekhu". Which is the Big Foot in local language.

I don't believe in Big Foot but I like the story and I know people who went there.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Well, I think if you took a shot at one you probably wouldn't live to tell the tale.

There was an account in the past couple of years of two hunters in the US somewhere, they were deer hunting. The story goes that they were out of sight of each other but maintained contact with radios. One of them exclaimed excitedly to the other over the radio that he had just seen a bigfoot and was gonna shoot it, the second guy heard his partners gun go off, then he doesn't remember anything because something hit him from behind and knocked him unconscious, the first guy was found dead. It was reported as a bear attack.

Now I'm not saying that this is a true story, if my memory serves me right I heard it related in an interview with Todd Standing on Coast To Coast AM. I don't know how credible Standing is, he has received some bad press, so take it or leave it.

There are other accounts of sasquatch retaliating to shots fired at them, but hey most people don't even believe they exist so.....

edit on 11-10-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Usually once, sometimes twice a year, I'll abscond from civilization, and run solo to some place around the country, different every time, into the wilderness for a week, or two of getting away, far far away from everyone and everything.

Well - its not really a common thing. I've spent anywhere from 2-4 weeks in the woods every year for the past 15 years or so.. and a good bit of that in alleged BF/Skunk Ape territory. So, I've got a fairly good feel for what's "normal" and what isn't with regard to tracks, sounds, sights, smells, etc.. The number of things I've encountered that were bigfooty I can count on one hand in that time.

I think they are out there. I think they are pretty darn rare though. I think actually having an encounter with one is really rare though - at least these days.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I live in Europe.

I would love to have the opportunity to check out some bigfoot habitat, back-country or anywhere really wild and far away from humanity.

We don't have that here, just people and houses everywhere.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Watch this video. These are some of the rarest animals in the world. yet not only do we have many photos and many videos of them, plus likely some stuffed ones.

But all the big foot photos and videos are as bad or worse as UFO videos. Even worse actually.

But yet this is a large land animal that they should have easily been able to find by now. Like again if they can find these animals they should most certainly of been able to find any big foots if there were any. I think what keeps it alive is people making money off the legend selling books, speaking appearances, movies, documentaries, photos, adventure tourism and more.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I'll share, briefly, one of my most "bigfooty" encounters. Mind you I was armed with a 30/06 rifle during all of this.

This was in a swampy area. I was hunting wild hogs and I'd been following some hog track. Soon another set of tracks appeared on the same trail the hogs were using. These were of something bipedal. The ground was so sloppy muddy that there was not much detail to them. But, they were considerably larger and deeper than the tracks my own size 12 boots and 200lbs were making. They were also further apart. I'm 6ft and I could match the stride only by basically jumping from track to track.

I thought, it this is a guy he's darned big.

A little bit later I come across a dead tree that still standing. Wood chips were at its base and I could a large are of the trunk had been scratched and dug at by something trying to get to grubs. I could reach the area, by standing on my tip toes and reaching up. The bipedal tracks were all around the tree and under the area of the trunk that was torn up. Now if it was a big guy - why on earth would he be digging for grubs in a dead tree in the middle of a swamp?

I keep following them. I come to a thicket of plants, weeds, small trees and just undergrowth that is so thick I can't even see into it. But the tracks and trail lead right into it.

I step toward the thicket and a sizable part of the thicket starts shaking violently. I stop, the shaking stops. I step forward, the shaking starts.

I decided discretion was the better part of valor at that particular time and didn't go in. Even with the rifle, it didn't feel safe.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Not long ago, a tiny species of frog that was previously completely unknown to exist was discovered in a dense previously untraveled part of the amazon. Yet before we discovered the existence of this tiny undiscovered unique species of frog, we didn't have any claimed videos, pictures, or impressionable evidence of it's existence, we simply just came across it..

I feel the existence of Bigfoot highly unlikely. We apparently have many many videos of this creature, photographs, impressions of their tracks, audio claiming their vocals, and many anecdotal accounts of seeing them.

Even though we can literally stumble upon the existence of a tiny little frog in the amazon completely unknown to us, without any previous inclining that it exists. For centuries we somehow cannot stumble upon a giant 8 foot hairy beast living in our own country that pops up near semi populated areas every few years.

I love the idea of Bigfoot and the sightings and all the claims to the evidence..I even went out and purchased a outside hunters web cam i live on 140 acres of mostly wooded area in hopes of capturing a pic of the elusive creature i truly want to believe so far Ive managed to get shots of deer,fox,turkeys and a bear but sadly no Bigfoot..

The rational adult in me knows they probably don't exist,But the kid in me says yes they do.. Bigfoot stories have captured my imagination for years..But for me personally there going to have to come up with a Bigfoot body for me to fully believe at this point... peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

They find new species of animals and plants all the time in the amazon.

Recently a new species of frog was discovered in guess where? New York city.

NYC Frog

Whether you believe that bigfoot exists or not, yearly hundreds of credible witnesses are seeing something that defies explanation. It cannot be dismissed so easily as you think.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Frogs, thanks for sharing one of your encounters.

I would certainly agree that discretion was the better part of valor.

I recently heard an interview with an old timer who was a skunk ape witness down in Florida, he said if you cook fish at night out there it will attract any that are in the area. Ever hear anything like that?

edit on 11-10-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Well, it wouldn't be just one shot ... pop ... wait and see.
I've heard stories on some of these documentaries talking about single people in the woods disappearing, and sometimes coming back naked, and hungry with stories about being forced to mate with 800lbs of hairy stank.

Nope.
Not me.
Nuh-uh.
I aint going out like that.
Not the kind of happy ending I will ever want for an excursion.

I carry my Grandfather's old Browning .45, because, well, though it weighs a ton, I probably have a better chance of doing more than just making large belligerent top predator animals like bear, wolves, or puma more irate than they might already be if ever such belligerent animals become a problem beyond typical tried and true avoidance/deterrent measures.

I'm not out looking for Sasquatch.
I'm not out looking for any kind of trouble.

If the big hairy scary ever finds me, I think I would consider that Trouble. It would be an unknown animal, and as much as I love Jane Goodall, I'd feel safer in being predetermined to take the South Park stance.

It's coming right for ... powpowpowpowpowpowpow!

In reality, I'd probably get thwacked over the head before I ever knew anything was there, and wake up feeling like a tunnel:

with Luther Van Squatch music playing in the background or something.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I have heard that. I suspect its more true in the general sense though. The best evidence seems to point to them being omnivorous (like us) and likely nocturnal for the most part. So it makes sense that it could attract them. Kind of like leaving the lid off your garbage can at night might attract raccoons if they are around.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Wouldn't you consider it an honor to become the proud mother of a baby human/sasquatch????

Some Native American tribes have stories about people being kidnapped and forced to become the 'spouses' of bigfoots, both men and women.

In Russia there is a story of hybridization actually occurring in the late 1800s.

The story of Zana

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

seabhac-rua

I never said i dismissed the possibly that Bigfoot is for real..I want to believe to the point i spend 200 dollars on a web cam in hopes of capturing it..
When Druscilla shots this beast with her Grandfather's old Browning .45 i hope she shares her find with me first i want to believe i truly do..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

sugarcookie1

Are there any local stories of sasquatch in your area?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverWraith

Thats my position as well........why all the fluff and hype?

If the video was THAT good, it would stand on its own merrits.......

If its THAT good, release it and let the pros analyze it, if its authentic it will pass muster.......

Unless youre trying to scam or build hype for something that isnt legit that is........

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join