It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FB - Find Bigfoot announcement: "HUGE" new video coming Sept 10

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Bigfoot late for make-up...

& they are hawking a book on that FB page due out in October for the holidays.

edit on 10-9-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I have a feeling they will either keep delaying until everyone moves on and forgets, or the film will not meet the least of expectations.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Im pretty sure this is what I see happening as well. Just like most of these "Big Find" or "Big News" items in this department.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Would/could someone be charged with killing one?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by Druscilla
I suppose we'll see what it is sometime Sept 10.

We're deep into 9.10 and still nothing.

Anyone heard anything?

UPDATE: From the FBFB page...

See Adam Bird's quote below (Adam has seen the video) the researchers who took and own the video are going back to the site for exact measurements and a daylight reenactment and have asked us to hold off publishing the authentication video till they are finished "I know we were promised this great video today but jeez people, be patient. The guys who run FB/FB have lives beyond the Sasquatch you know. Give them a break. Just because they intended to get it out today, doesn't mean they should be hounded all day. Maybe we'll get it tomorrow, who knows. You'll enjoy it when you see it. I'm sure. Until then, be patient. Good things come to those that wait."

Looks like they are backtracking and trying to blame their fans on Facebook for expecting to see what FBFB promised. This is real sketchy.
edit on 10-9-2012 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

lol

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilverWraith
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Sorry, I'll have to disagree. When you purport to have "the best sasquatch video of all time" and " all admins/authenticators say... "It is fantastic", do you really need to film daytime re-enactments? Embellish it? Or, do you, after announcing the best sasquatch video of all time, say, "we have a life outside of sasquatching so we haven't gotten around to finishing it yet"? Really? You have the best footage of "all time" and yet you have to embellish it and haven't "had a chance" to upload it?

If you have stunning "best of all time" footage of a creature that people have been trying to prove exists for decades, you show it. If it's that spectacular the video makes the case, there's no need for explanation or embellishment and you certainly wouldn't set it aside and say "well I have a life and can't get this uploaded".

Just my opinion though.

I agree.
The PG film can be shown without comment.
Why do we need comment on this new vid, unless it's another blur-squatch where details need be pointed out so we 'get' them?

WHAT VID??????? Am I a dumb ass?????

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Facebook Find Bigfoot, in a promotional share regarding their new book You Are Sasquatch reports:

**Also Huge News out tomorrow for Bigfooter researchers**. We will post what is by far the best videos of all time, all admins/authenticators say... "It is fantastic"

Facebook Find Bigfoot - Source (probably have to be a member of FB)

The video is not out yet, but, could this be the release of some video evidence collected by the former Erickson Project, now recently renamed the Ketchum project after the retirement/speculated sale of rights by Adrian Erickson to Melba Ketchum?

Somehow, we knew this day would come. Adrian Erickson has had it with Bigfoot and it now seems that Ketchum is holding the reins and now controls all of Erickson's Bigfoot footage. The collection of footage may contain a number of Todd Standing's videos as well as the famous Matilda footage. According to Robert Lindsay, Erickson and Ketchum apparently struck some kind of deal where Erickson's financial troubles are no more. Erickson is now happy and back guiding hunts again.

The Erickson Project is now called the Ketchum Project - Source

Adrian Erickson has claimed in the past to have video evidence better than the PG film, but, such film for a long time, has yet to see the light of day surrounding heavy secrecy regarding the former Erickson Project.
Now with change in leadership, could some of the material now be released by Ketchum, or is this 'new' footage?

I'm personally not holding out any hopes, and suspect another Blur-squatch video, if only a little bit better than all the other blur-squatch videos, but, there's the news. There's the announcement.
I suppose we'll see what it is sometime Sept 10.

If I catch it when it comes out, I'll post video here further down in another post as time to edit and embed here in the OP will have likely expired by then. Feel free to beat me to it.

Anyone else hear of this?
Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam

If it's an uncategorized animal, no.
If it's someone in a monkey suit tramping about the woods, the same question might be asked were someone to dress up like a deer, and get shot by someone during hunting season.

WHAT VID??????? Am I a dumb ass?????

There's a video that has been announced but not released yet.
Please read the OP and it might help if you familiarized yourself with the subject matter regarding references to the PG film as well.

edit on 11-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Another drum roll and.........NOTHING

Didn't MUFON pull something like this recently? Then come to find out it was nothing but a app for iphone? No sense in leading people on up for some climax. If something of such importance was found you would have a media buzz and at least some people talking. Like i said with MUFON, People were claiming a alien body was recovered blah blah, same thing here. Rumor coupled with a bit of viral sensationalism makes for such disappointing results. Oh well maybe in 5, 10 or 100 more years they will find a fossilized Sasquatch turd that never made it to dimension X for sale on ebay and everything we know will be forever changed. Until then Bigfoot remains a myth.

I still wonder what I heard in Northern California all those years ago

edit on 11-9-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Not to split hair here, but this would depend on a lot of things. If the local laws are such that all hunting is prohibited in certain areas, and/or during certain periods during the year, this would clearly be a crime anyhow. And there can be more twists in that.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Their video is already a day late...which means that the video isn't ready yet.

The only way the video isn't ready is if it's not finished yet.

Which means they are doing post-production on it (Adobe After Effects probably) which means that when this comes out it will be a hoax.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Posting so I can find this later- just in case they actually DO finally come across with the video.

Crossing my fingers, but I'm not going to hold my breath!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by morningeagle
Their video is already a day late...which means that the video isn't ready yet.

Wanna bet that it doesn't exist in the first place?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
Posting so I can find this later- just in case they actually DO finally come across with the video.

Crossing my fingers, but I'm not going to hold my breath!

same here, cracked me up when they said:

"I know we were promised this great video today but jeez people, be patient. The guys who run FB/FB have lives beyond the Sasquatch you know."

i call BS on that. sasquatch hunters live, breathe, and if they could, eat squatch. wheres the vid?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Not to split hair here, but this would depend on a lot of things. If the local laws are such that all hunting is prohibited in certain areas, and/or during certain periods during the year, this would clearly be a crime anyhow. And there can be more twists in that.

Allow me to rephrase that then; If someone kills a Bigfoot (allowing that the animal is real and the animal is an animal), and it is indeed an unclassified animal, chances of a criminal conviction against the shooter are unlikely.

A shooter may possibly, perhaps be arrested, maybe fined for the unlawful discharge of a weapon or pressed into court by overly sensitive animal rights activist groups, but,, any of this sticking unlikely, unless the shooter was doing something like protecting his illegal 'hemp' field, the weapon had been used in a murder previously, or some other scenario that would draw the interest of law enforcement.

Show up with a previously unclassified primate, or Hominid (extremely significant difference), one that fits the Bigfoot description, alive, or dead, and the law will likely be your least concern as media, and especially Sasquatch enthusiasts will hound that guy (or gal
) for quite a while afterwards in both positive and negative respects.

In the end, bringing to light and forefront in the media a previously unclassified primate or hominid (significant difference), alive, or dead, fitting the description and characteristics of Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti would allow for official interest in the species as well as official classification, and more importantly official protection.
Different countries may still require and insist on capturing/killing their own specimens as proof for protection status in a given area, but, that's up for speculation.

I always go strapped in the wild when I go do my solo thing for a couple weeks. If I saw a bigfoot, I'd do everything in my power to kill it immediately, or chase/track it, for science(!), to make it stand still so I could take 1000+ high resolution pictures on my DSLR since I would never be able to haul an animal even half my size through the wilderness back to civilization for verification, though I could document the grisly gross icky collection of more, erm, portable genetic samples.

Regarding subject of the alleged 'new' vid; as of late morning 9.11 -still nothing.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SilverWraith

Actually I agree with you completely. What I was getting at is that usually when stunts like this are pulled. It's because the webpage hired a PR agent to maximize the impact the breaking story will get on the website. So there are these last minute spruce ups to get more ad revenue and placements. To keep people hanging on so that they all storm the website the ads get multiple views. The ad people get all excited and renew for even more money and the website is then well on its way to becoming a more legit website as far as popularity, not content goes. So what I'm getting at is that the website is looking at this more as a business opportunity than a scientific announcement. So watch the video with a little grain of salt. It may be just a bunch of hype.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is a subject that find of interest and see its existance as possible. Sadly this subject is full of so many hoxes it makes anything hard to believe.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Actually, there are quite a few State laws against harming or molesting Sasquatch, aka Bigfoot...
Don't Shoot

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

From the post above (thanks!)

Current laws protect all non-game species, including un-documented ones.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join