It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next week all military bases go on 3-week alert

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Iran is 3 weeks away from having the capabilities of a nuclear weapon.

Source for this please?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod

Iran is 3 weeks away from having the capabilities of a nuclear weapon.

Source for this please?

He' doesn't have one. and if this was true Israel would have bombed them 10 weeks ago.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by youdontknowme

heh, didn't think so.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Pfff the guy just didn't want to do Jury Duty!

If I had to do Jury Duty for a 3 week case i'd make up an excuse too.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think I recall reading in another thread here, something about a navy guy who was supposed to be getting leave, but just got re-deployed as well. Wish I could recall where...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It is probably a prevention evaluate for the anniversary of 9-11.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

and the counterpoint is : why would he stand up in open court and ` gob off ` ?

all that was required was a simple statement :

" no your honour , i cannot serve as a jurist on a lengthy trial as I am on deployment in 5 days , this fact can be confirmed by contacting the adjutant @......................... "

end off ,

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
If he did tell the judge that in open court, it's a major violation of Operation Security. No one is supposed to talk about active operations and even talk of scheduled operations is discouraged. And to indicates that All bases are involved is even worse. Furthermore, I would think if his presence was required, the Base JAG office could have handled it without him having to show up.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I bet he just wanted to get out of jury duty. Either way an E9 should, in my opinion, be able to get out of it anyway, they have far too much to take care of on a daily basis to get stuck on jury duty. I know that opens a can of worms but whatever.

And no higher security here, one of my quickest commutes to base this morning actually. If that were not the case it would take me a good hour to get through the gate as opposed to 2 min..

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I am active duty army stationed on ft.campbell and i assure all of you that there is no such alert or anything going on. If there was then we woukd be one of the first 3 bases to know about it due to our high deployment rate and the units we have here. If i hear anything about it ill be sure to keep everyone as updated as i can without breaking opsec

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'm just curious on something here....but I've gotten the impression that the Military takes honesty among it's NCO's and Officers pretty seriously. At least their being honest to the system....never mind whether the system is honest in return.

It's all in how you answer the question - I wrote a letter for my Secretary (a Civilian GS7) simply stating that she was an employee of DOD and very integral to my operations in support of the Global War on Terror. Well, sure she was she made my coffee, answered my phone, typed my #ty reports all for a desk job at the Pentagon.

Incidentally, our role was force management not fighting anyone. She got out of jury duty and I didn't have to type my own reports or answer my own phone - win, win. There are also no lies in there.

So...here is the big question. Would a guy in his position feel comfortable about outright lying? I mean, some areas of the country are getting brutal about Jury Duty and people trying to dodge it. What if the Judge had turned out to be one of the hard nosed and real bad ones about this specific issue? What if this Judge just hated the Military on principle? Couldn't a phone call to verify this excuse from duty have been made, at least in theory, to blow the lie on the spot?

The Alert could be for some inspection or for # who knows what worded properly it can seem grave but be innocuous. I have met some dumb E9's in my day for sure but still they know enough to get some field grade officer make them a more viable excuse. Besides, who doesn't let his SGM/CSM take leave at the end of the FY - likely he needs to burn some they never take leave.

It strikes me as odd that such a risk would be taken on a lie so easily proven out, if anyone in the Court had felt like checking? There is SO much happening or suggested to be soon happening that this really strikes me as something to at least keep in mind on the off chance...maybe...

Went to Whiteman the other (Sept 4th) day - it has good security because there are nukes there. Nothing out of the ordinary. I have to go again next week for a Dr. appointment I can see if their FPCON has changed.

edit on 10/9/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
uhhhh... yeah... sounds like he's just trying to get out of jury duty man. If he's part of the Reserve forces, he definitely isn't serving for three weeks. Reserve units meet once a month for a few days at most, and can only meet so much in a given year.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have not heard anything about this at my base. Unless something happens to spring up like 9-11 for example, we usually get a good heads up to start preparing. Maybe some bases are doing some exercises, which is common, but nothing in the D.C., Maryland, Virginia or Delaware is preparing that I know of. Hopes this helps!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Went to Whiteman the other (Sept 4th) day - it has good security because there are nukes there. Nothing out of the ordinary. I have to go again next week for a Dr. appointment I can see if their FPCON has changed.

Good old Whiteman AFB... I lived there for 3.5 years on base while I was a Crew Chief (Aircraft Mechanic) on the B-2 Bomber. Now I'm stationed back home in Maryland. I'd love to go back and visit one day!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wWizard
uhhhh... yeah... sounds like he's just trying to get out of jury duty man. If he's part of the Reserve forces, he definitely isn't serving for three weeks. Reserve units meet once a month for a few days at most, and can only meet so much in a given year.

While you may be right that he could be trying to get out of Jury Duty...You have a misconception (like many others) that the Reserve and Guard service is ONLY one weekend a month.

I've served six years active duty and thought the same about the Guard as you do, until I left Active Duty for a Full-Time position in the Maryland Air National Guard. We in the Reserve/Guard do have a full time staff called Technicians or AGR (Active Guard Reservist) and work everyday just like the Active Duty.

Our "Weekend Warriors" are called traditionals and though they mostly come in one week a month for UTA (Drill) they also can be put on orders to deploy, go TDY, or even work on base for days, weeks or months as the mission calls for, this includes exercises as well.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

I like this rational. There may be chatter about the 10 year anniversary so they are prepping.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwan2ski

Originally posted by wWizard

While you may be right that he could be trying to get out of Jury Duty...You have a misconception (like many others) that the Reserve and Guard service is ONLY one weekend a month.

I've served six years active duty and thought the same about the Guard as you do, until I left Active Duty for a Full-Time position in the Maryland Air National Guard. We in the Reserve/Guard do have a full time staff called Technicians or AGR (Active Guard Reservist) and work everyday just like the Active Duty.

Our "Weekend Warriors" are called traditionals and though they mostly come in one week a month for UTA (Drill) they also can be put on orders to deploy, go TDY, or even work on base for days, weeks or months as the mission calls for, this includes exercises as well.

You should be a little more carful about posting duty status and things like this... It's safe to say Reservist can be called up as needed. Information as innocuous as how much milk is being sent to a base can be used against us.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn
You should be a little more carful about posting duty status and things like this... It's safe to say Reservist can be called up as needed. Information as innocuous as how much milk is being sent to a base can be used against us.
"

"They can get more information from a post newspaper than that guy posted. It's called open source intelligence - it’s not a new discipline.

Being both 35E and a former 97B there is nothing exploitable in that dudes post. If "they" are cross referencing photos on ATS with posts and IP addresses and correlating that information with a guy saying where he is stationed and that he is not on alert - he would have to be a prime target for a major collection effort don't you think.

Any information is "usable" that doesn't mean it's worth the effort or drama of protecting it. Stating that you think its usable is actually more of a tip-off than the information itself.

Also, there is a huge difference between usable and exploitable - if you are in the field you know this. There is nothing in the man's post that is exploitable. His service, rank, past duty stations, and current address are all easily available with a credit check which requires 500.00 to make an LLC loan company in Nevada and you can run lists and lists of service members names (which the government sells for money BTW) for "marketing purposes" never give a loan then close up shop a week later with all the information you need.

Trust me "they" have all the information they will ever need on our service members.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thesungod

Oh,yeah,the source .I don't know how you feel about this site,but here it is.........

At its present rate of enrichment, Iran will have 250 kilograms of 20-percent grade uranium, exactly enough to build its first nuclear bomb, in roughly six weeks, and two-to- four bombs by early 2013, DEBKAfile’s military and intelligence sources report. Hence the leak by an unnamed Israeli security source Sunday, Aug. 12, disclosing Iran’s progress in developing the detonator and fuses for a nuclear warhead which can be fitted onto Shehab-3 ballistic missiles capable of reaching Israel. Since 20 percent refined uranium is a short jump to weapons grade fuel, Iran will have the capability and materials for building an operational nuclear bomb by approximately October 1.

www.debka.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

reply to post by thesungod

Oh,yeah,the source .I don't know how you feel about this site,but here it is.........

At its present rate of enrichment, Iran will have 250 kilograms of 20-percent grade uranium, exactly enough to build its first nuclear bomb, in roughly six weeks, and two-to- four bombs by early 2013, DEBKAfile’s military and intelligence sources report. Hence the leak by an unnamed Israeli security source Sunday, Aug. 12, disclosing Iran’s progress in developing the detonator and fuses for a nuclear warhead which can be fitted onto Shehab-3 ballistic missiles capable of reaching Israel. Since 20 percent refined uranium is a short jump to weapons grade fuel, Iran will have the capability and materials for building an operational nuclear bomb by approximately October 1.

www.debka.com...

Okay not gonna question the source just that "20% refined uranium is a short jump to weapons grade fuel."

Highly enriched uranium (HEU) has a greater than 20% concentration of 235U or 233U. The fissile uranium in nuclear weapons usually contains 85% or more of 235U known as weapon(s)-grade, though for a crude, inefficient weapon 20% is sufficient (called weapon(s)-usable);[3][4] in theory even lower enrichment is sufficient, but then the critical mass for unmoderated fast neutrons rapidly increases, approaching infinity at 6% 235U.[5] For criticality experiments, enrichment of uranium to over 97% has been accomplished.[6]

The very first uranium bomb, Little Boy dropped on Hiroshima in 1945, used 64 kilograms of 80% enriched uranium. Wrapping the weapon's fissile core in a neutron reflector (which is standard on all nuclear explosives) can dramatically reduce the critical mass. Because the core was surrounded by a good neutron reflector, at explosion it comprised almost 2.5 critical masses. Neutron reflectors, compressing the fissile core via implosion, fusion boosting, and "tamping", which slows the expansion of the fissioning core with inertia, allow nuclear weapon designs that use less than what would be one bare-sphere critical mass at normal density. The presence of too much of the 238U isotope inhibits the runaway nuclear chain reaction that is responsible for the weapon's power. The critical mass for 85% highly enriched uranium is about 50 kilograms (110 lb), which at normal density would be a sphere about 17 centimetres (6.7 in) in diameter.

That is one weak nuke...

A MOAB and a FOAB are definitely scarier than that.

Ignoring of course radiation.

So sayth the Jane's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join