It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple way to discover if your produce is GMO.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Nooo! I really thought we had landed on solid ground here, at least for the time being. Looks like our best action to take is understanding GMOs through this guide:
www.nongmoshoppingguide.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
Real easy for me.

The produce rots within 2 days after purchase.

I planted my own tomatoes this year.
Even after they had turned red and were picked, now- ten days later and just sitting in a bowl on my kitchen table, they are still nice and firm, and taste very sweet.
Even the small green ones that had been knocked off the vine during a hail storm, are slowly turning a nice red colour.

What a difference, I had gotten so used to tomatoes rotting after just a few days, even in the fridge.I actually believed that this was "normal".

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Gridrebel

To be honest, we wash all of our produce "like dish"... I use dishsoap and a cap of bleach...

Edit to say that this thread is about eating the best we can afford, but avoiding GMOs. So your post kind of brings it back to the core of the topic.

I wish so badly we could afford to eat all vegan, all natural and pure, but on my $ it is just avoiding GMO.
edit on 11-9-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

Just for some info: most pesticide residue cannot be washed off by soap. The only thing that will take it off is soaking your produce in vinegar, google for how to.

And may I suggest that BLEACH is pure poison and I really don't know what's worse, pesticides or bleach! Please re-think the bleach!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

I now know and ok I will make changes. I think of the nose pickers who had their hands in their fannies prior to touching everything in the store, so that's why I use just a little bit of bleach in hot soapy water and then rinse well in cold.
edit on 12-9-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have a mango in front of me, says product of brazil and begins with a # symbol. #4959. What does the # symbol represent?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by fyuzen

Well according to the link I will give you to research the subject, if you go to safely "dinning out" or there abouts, it has become next to impossible to eat very many things that are not GMO without doing your homework, and unfortunately your fruit is on the possible GMO list along with a host of others that are just so discouraging to find out are.

responsibletechnology.org...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Actually for anyone interested there is a free week end of the informative movie/documentary "Genetic Roulette" Sept. 15th thru the 22nd.

geneticroulettemovie.com...

Here is a quick look at the trailer...

Or Jeff Smith on Alex Jones : Part 1 of 5, but you can find the rest via the first one...I missed this one so I am on to listen.

edit on 20-9-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Thought this was a good addition to the thread, it just makes me sick to think that so many of the foods we almost have to eat and drink have this tainted corn in them. Why oh why will the FDA continue to allow these poisons and get away with it? Reminds me of how the media spun Ron Pauls whole campaign and placed a shadow over him even in the running, I am stupefied by the world we live in and how fragile society is to the puppet masters. I wish I could express myself better to explain in words what I feel in my heart, my gut.

First-Ever Lifetime Feeding Study Finds Genetically Engineered Corn Causes Massive Tumors, Organ Damage, and Early Death

articles.mercola.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join