posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:22 PM
I am no expert of course just passing along this interesting find.
Once while listening to Jeff Rense some years ago there was an interview about how USDA organic only had to be 40% or so organic to be considered
organic, for instance if you took a box of apples, only 40% has to be organic, that leaves 60% unknown!
This was shocking news to me, but then it interestingly seemed to coincide with the regulations taking off on the whole burgeoning organic food
industry. Wish I could find that radio interview for you because it really was an eye opener for my family and we began to understand our purchases
and our produce better.
Anyway here is an old article I found while looking for that old radio interview.:
New USDA 'Organic' Rules Mandate Growers Use Only Organic Seeds
This is a great site to bookmark as well to stay current on so many levels:
Family Farmers – Remember! The USDA OWNS the “Organic” name
For tons of great information on the subject:
There are so many directions this topic can flow and feel free to write whatever comes up for you but there are other much better threads to discuss
organic pros and cons.
This thread is just passing some good information along to see if your food is GMO.
edit on 9-9-2012 by antar because: (no reason