It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If something was wrong THEY would tell us.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Further, in 3-4 Billion years, the sun will eat earth.

Between now, and then, there should be at least 5 or 6 major impacts with large meteors.

Before the first major impact, we've some Supervolcanoes one of which will likely pop in the next 5k-10k years sufficient enough to make survival on this planet a touch and go thing for a few decades such that several species will go extinct.

Closer on the horizon is humanity's suicidal bent for self destruction.
Humanity will likely be erased from the planet by nuclear war, engineered weaponized viral plague, or something else along those lines.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Pure research has no place then?

Oh, btw. The candy study? It was published as lesson in how a research project should be done. Sort of a school science fair type thing, it didn't cost anyone anything. But, according to you we have enough scientists so never mind.

"It was more like a Sunday afternoon project," says Andreas Windisch. "When we got the results, we decided to put it into a paper and send a draft to a educational journal to use it as a nice example for school classes," he says.

www.npr.org...

I don't know, it sure looks like a lot more than a "school science fair thing" to me. It was published and posted on Cornell University's ARXIV website.
arxiv.org...
And the first author listed has University of Physics in Austria on her e-mail address...
physik.uni-graz.at...
It seems the children have a lot of pull in the scientific community.

edit on 10-9-2012 by Trublbrwing because: Typo

Oh look, I found "her".
online.uni-graz.at...

edit on 10-9-2012 by Trublbrwing because: add link

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Further, in 3-4 Billion years, the sun will eat earth.

Between now, and then, there should be at least 5 or 6 major impacts with large meteors.

Before the first major impact, we've some Supervolcanoes one of which will likely pop in the next 5k-10k years sufficient enough to make survival on this planet a touch and go thing for a few decades such that several species will go extinct.

Closer on the horizon is humanity's suicidal bent for self destruction.
Humanity will likely be erased from the planet by nuclear war, engineered weaponized viral plague, or something else along those lines.

Good point, forget I said anything.
I'm gonna go have a beer, South Park is on.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

good post! I have always thought along those lines.

we cant really progress to the next step in technology until everyone chills out and stops trying to attack each other. otherwise it would be to destructive.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

It was published and posted on Cornell University's ARXIV website.

ARVIX isn't really really a publisher. It's more of a clearinghouse. You'll notice is was submitted to "Physics Education".
arxiv.org...

Yes, Andreas is a physicist. As is his retired father Herbert, also listed as author.

The idea for the study was born out of a conversation at home. Retired medical physics professor Herbert Windisch had a cold and was using candies to ease his throat pain, according to his son, Andreas. They began wondering how a candy vanishes over time.

www.npr.org...

You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

edit on 9/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

why would they push for an answer when the gov's providing their funding already have the answers and the solution they prefer, dont assume they always tell you what they know,

why do you think nasa has confirmed the other planets in our solar system are ALSO experiencing global warming? this is not an earth climate issue as much as it is a solar system sittuation issue,

they know, they just arent saying it.
edit on 9/10/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Are you serious?

No, they would not. What do you think COG is for ehh?(continuity of Government)

They are not going to tell you squat. Why would they?

I mean really, WHY WOULD THEY?

If the Government came out today, and said "folks, we dont know what the hell is going on, and we never have", which is the answer of 'truth', probably the "ONLY" truth you would ever get out of 'them'.

You really think they have a clue?

If they did, why would they say anything?

The instant either is spoken, they loose their power. Period.

If the Government said they dont know, or know, either, that second, they would evaporate into nothing.

I dont think most of you really cant get your head around that.

Let me put it another way, and more specific.

Lets say an event is coming, one that will change the entire planet "forever", and I mean in a drastic way.

If they tell the People what is coming, what would happen?

Let me ask you something even more simple. If you were to tell the "give me" people in this Country, welfare recipients, etc, that the money was going to run out next week, what would happen?

And that is a benine issue considering what the Government is really preparing for.

What would happen?

On the reverse side, if the Government came out saying that they dont know what is going on, and are as lost as anyone else, what would happen?

Either scenario ends the same. The Government looses its power. People will not longer act civil, because they will have nothing more to loose. When People as a group have nothing more to loose, they act in ways they would normally not act.

You cant CONTROL a situation like that. The current global model is based upon control. In order for control to be maintained, ORDER itself must be maintained.

That is why many people pointing to the dollar bill, and ORDER OUT OF CHAOS, as being what the controllers of this planet want, they are wrong.

You cannot control chaos. Chaos theory itself is what Nature operates on, and is the reason for art, music, and all sorts of other radical things that have come into Humanity because of it.

Chaos is what makes the Universe interesting, and is truly what liberty and freedom is.

And out of that Chaos comes all the wonderful things that have, due to imaginations running wild, and nature taking its natural course.

The current global model is opposite this. It is a tight control and ordering of every Human function and activity, thus creating a vacuum, without chaos in it.

That is why in every dictatorship, and tyrannical regime, has destroyed the artist and intellectuals within a Nation before the plan is implemented.

Because true artist, and intellectuals, are all deeply immersed in Chaos.

Radically thinking comes from Chaos. The Chaos of the great abyss. The great void of the Universe. What ever you want to call it.

Look at Quantum Physics, and tell me those theories did not derive from Chaos.

Art is an entire subject unto itself. Go talk to an artist for a while, and ask them where their inspiration and vision comes from.

Most will tell you they are nothing more than a conduit. The true artists are this way. A conduit for the Universe to speak and act through. Chaos. Not order.

Chaos is so very hard to "manage". It is very difficult to enslave a Chaotic Society. Where do you even start?

A society however like China, or Japan, is a very easy Nation to control, due to its almost perfect functioning of ORDER and discipline. In Japan, even thinking outside the box is considered "radical", and maintaining the "borg" society is first and foremost their objective.

Meaning do as others do, for the sake of the whole. This Philosophy will keep your culture around for a long time, but it will leave it very vulnerable to outside manipulation, as well as from within.

I hope I need not site any Historical records to show what I mean in reference to Japan and China. Even now in Japan, the People dont speak out about being literally killed by their own Government, because they view it as politically incorrect, and detrimental to the collective herd.

I dont think I have to tell you what is going to happen to Japan either, and that "collective herd" not to long from now, in your lifetime.

They are going to cease to exist as a Nation or People in time. Though they have made it this far, they have failed to finish this race at this point. Unless of course Japan can secure those little Islands from China, to move their "herd" into.

So no, they are not going to tell you anything.

Only the naive think so.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It was published and posted on Cornell University's ARXIV website.

ARVIX isn't really really a publisher. It's more of a clearinghouse. You'll notice is was submitted to "Physics Education".
arxiv.org...

Yes, Andreas is a physicist. As is his retired father Herbert, also listed as author.

The idea for the study was born out of a conversation at home. Retired medical physics professor Herbert Windisch had a cold and was using candies to ease his throat pain, according to his son, Andreas. They began wondering how a candy vanishes over time.

www.npr.org...

You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

edit on 9/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I'm sure you'll agree, the way that information was presented in your first post, especially the image of "Baby Bottle Pops" type candy, gave the impression of grade school kids doing the research.
Since I've never seen a properly formatted paper about pinewood derby car aerodynamics, I thought it was safe to assume that kind of information doesn't get published. Not because it isn't important to someone, but because it belongs in a different forum.

edit on 11-9-2012 by Trublbrwing because: typo

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Originally posted by Iamschist
For every question we answer we get at least 5 more. You act as if you think Science is the answer for everything, or there is some sort of magic bullet that if we could just find it would fix all the problems with the climate. Climate is out of our control, always was, always will be. Adjust.

Trillions of dollars have been spent with the understanding they would MONITOR certain systems for changes. Once changes were identified, it was assumed they would work together to develop action plans, this didn't happen. If my job is to work in a convenience store, and I see a broken window with crows flying out carrying bags of candy, it is assumed I will take the necessary action to report and contain the problem. Taking notes of the wind velocity, number of crows, types of candy etc. is a waste of time, no matter how well that report is written.

Your argument is weak and full of assumptions. Science monitors mainly just for the information. Then other scientists utilize that information to hypothesize cause and effect. Since we tend to find what we look for, meh. Bill Gates has been working on plans to alter what is happening, there are plenty of threads on here about that. I do not believe in such things personally. We tend to make a bigger mess when we try to fix our messes. My argument is the climate is to vast, to little understood, and we are to ignorant and small to have any impact on the kind of scale needed. The Earth has managed without us just fine. Science has given us the false sense we can fix anything, we can't. Engineers solve problems, not that they can the climate......

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Perhaps it's due to the fact everyone is on the 'take', on the 'dole' so to say.
Most human beings could not survive without the fiat currency of.....'the exchange' as in money is the root of all evil. A barter system between self sufficient communities with gold/silver denominations to settle uneven barters should be preferred, naturally. If not, why not?

So I would imagine the 'authorities' fear the fallout, the chaos, the violence, the confusion.
This is what happens to a being who becomes estranged from the Creators nature, sustenance.
Is not community, fellowship, familial bonds, organic food, natural organic medicine, spring water Of the Creator.....The best fOr U?

The world would be much cleaner as well as people don't pollute, they eat, deficate and their bodies perish. They are 'good' for the environment. On the other hand, left one, industrial factories, multinational corporations producing polluting unhealthy, unnecessary nonsense to a materialistic society based on greed and selfishness is what 'pOllutes', not 'people'. Population reduction is for the supposed benefit of the so called powers that be, not the people that be.

I don't mean to preach, just an observation or few.
L8ter>
The Creator does not make mistakes; people do.
edit on 11-9-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by HermitShip

Hey, you make sense.
That's extremely rare!
But, Uknow.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

As the number, and severity, of changes in our climate, ecosystem and skies increase, I am shocked by the lack of credible answers coming from the scientific community. Instead of sending teams to Greenland, where we lost the ice sheet in four days time, they are under the ground in Switzerland and France, looking for the "God" particle.
As a summer full of the usual scientific conferences comes to a close, a review of the proceedings reveals no answers, just more requests for funding. They know the Earth is changing rapidly, they just need 30 more sensors to measure how much. A review of the abstracts from the International Symposium on Space Geodesy and Earth Sciences, which just wrapped up in China, explains this silence. Page after page of important issues, worthy of immediate attention, are discussed, all need more study, more funding. My personal favorite is a study on the Dead Sea, apparently after much study they have determined the surface of that Sea rises as the water above it evaporates! Shocking.
After reviewing, and in disgust writing off, the entire summer as more of the same, I did a check to see if the first week of September offered any hope. I wish I had not as the first study I saw, and no, this is not a joke, was about the rate at which HARD CANDY dissolves in your mouth, including graphs.
physicsforme.wordpress.com...
Start demanding some answers, start asking questions, and perhaps this nonsense will stop.

edit on 9-9-2012 by Trublbrwing because: broken link

The Powers That Be are not going to tell anyone what is really going on with regard to this subject matter because if they did, it would cause a world wide panic, economies would collapse and basically utter chaos would ensue.

For the NAY SAY'ers and UN-BELIEVER's, don't bother to FLAME me for this, I DO NOT CARE what YOUR OPINION is on the matter, I've heard it all before.

Sol, our solar system, is about to cross the center plane of the Milky Way galaxy, something that occurs every 26,000 years. Sol, moves up and down like a submarine as it travels just outside the edge of the Milky Way moving toward the Sagitarius Galaxy.

Also, we have an incoming Binary Twin to our solar system that crosses paths with us every 3600 years. Nemesis and its planets has been incoming and noticed by NASA since 1983 causing a disturbance in the outer planets. As it has been passing through, and in conjunction with the crossing at the Milky Way, the Earth and all planets in our system, are under "stresses" causing Climate Changes, physical geo changes and so on.

Those out there like AL GORE and I'll refer to them as GORITES, with their non-sense pseudo sciences, have always claimed we are doing it to the planet. It was just a diversion from the REAL FACTS to keep people unaware.

There have been serious increases in volcanic and earthquake activity, magnitude and frequency in the past 3 years and its getting worse daily. The Pacific Plate and the Southern European area are under constant attack and stressing. Websites like the USGS and RSOE have real time monitoring and if you pay attention to their metering like I have over the past 3 years, you can see areas where quakes of magnitude of 1-3 are now 4-6 and areas of 4-6 are now 7+. Sleeping or dormant volcano's have been waking up.

People, our planet is about to undergo serious PHYSICAL CHANGES and no one seems to get it.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

understand i'm not going all anti scientist here, just pointing out that they are human and susceptible to greed as well as fame and fortune.

i think many scientist's have been harmed by the same corporate entities that fund them so it's a double edged sword really.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

As the number, and severity, of changes in our climate, ecosystem and skies increase, I am shocked by the lack of credible answers coming from the scientific community. Instead of sending teams to Greenland, where we lost the ice sheet in four days time, they are under the ground in Switzerland and France, looking for the "God" particle.

Let me counter with a view "from the trenches", because I'm a scientist (as many here know) and I do go to conferences and have actually had papers and book chapters published.

I believe you may be paying attention to the things that get into the news. The problem is that the news doesn't report every single conference and research project on the planet and there are in fact a lot of researchers in Greenland studying and suggesting remedies for the ice sheet. They're just not getting a lot of press and the governments and people aren't interested enough in them to listen to reports OR to put their recommendations into effect.

In fact, the only ones listening are other scientists.

A number of years ago I had a paper that I presented at conferences on specialized search engines for libraries (they were having patron complaints that the google search engine produced a lot of garbage results (ads and so forth.)) I spoke to over 500 head librarians and IT folks for libraries in the Northwest region of the United States. Of that 500, perhaps 40 came up to talk to me about the process and were excited about it. I got two followups from it and one rather halfhearted attempt to implement it.

The method I described took 30 minutes to learn and 20 minutes to set up. Every library in the US could have had this technology for no cost and 1-2 hours of work.

If I had been Michio Kaku or Stephen Hawking, I have no doubt that the newspapers would have talked about this and every single library in the world would have implemented it. But I'll bet that you weren't aware that libraries could modify the Google Search engine to make their own internet search engine under Google license that bypasses ads and results from hoax sites and phishing sites -- and I will bet that your local libraries have no idea they can do it, either.

The same thing's going on with the conference reports you complained about. I'm also doing research on the drought and I'm aware of a lot of things presented to conferences and governments that didn't make your list. I'm aware of initiatives we've tried to sponsor and that failed because politicians and the public weren't interested.

I do agree with what others have said -- do get a degree and learn how to put together acceptable research that can be presented (and survive challenges) to cities and businesses and conferences. Be prepared for a rather disheartening result, though, as your work goes unnoticed except for the occasional mention by people needing to support a point for a research paper for their coursework.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
reply to post by ZeuZZ

understand i'm not going all anti scientist here, just pointing out that they are human and susceptible to greed as well as fame and fortune.

i think many scientist's have been harmed by the same corporate entities that fund them so it's a double edged sword really.

...have you ever tried to get money to fund research?

I'm not being snarky. I'm someone who's submitted dozens of grant applications.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

reply to post by ZeuZZ

I much prefer this quote from Carl.....
"We have designed a civilization based on science and technology and at the same time have arranged things so that almost no one understands anything at all about science and technology. This is a clear prescription for disaster. We may for a while get away with this mix of ignorance and power but sooner or later it is bound to blow up in our face."

I think the most important thing is to recognize the errors that got us here, change the current system that allowed that to happen, and most importantly, re examine our priorities so that money isn't the fuel that drives the engine of science

I much prefer that too.

There's a massive difference between corporate greed and scientists that usually come to the rescue with solutions after.

In fact, I like that quote from carl so much I made a picture with that quote for my facebook group:
www.facebook.com...
www.facebook.com...

And uploaded the interview in which he said it: www.facebook.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Dont be silly, being an ignorant armchair critic and pretending you know what you're talking about than is far easier than actually educating yourself.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

No he/she hasn't, just like all the others in this thread who imply scientists fake research or are corrupted "for the grant money". It's sad when people hold and pass on such steadfast views even they have no idea what they're actually talking about.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 20-9-2012 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

As a summer full of the usual scientific conferences comes to a close, a review of the proceedings reveals no answers, just more requests for funding. They know the Earth is changing rapidly, they just need 30 more sensors to measure how much. A review of the abstracts from the International Symposium on Space Geodesy and Earth Sciences, which just wrapped up in China, explains this silence. Page after page of important issues, worthy of immediate attention, are discussed, all need more study, more funding. My personal favorite is a study on the Dead Sea, apparently after much study they have determined the surface of that Sea rises as the water above it evaporates! Shocking.
After reviewing, and in disgust writing off, the entire summer as more of the same, I did a check to see if the first week of September offered any hope. I wish I had not as the first study I saw, and no, this is not a joke, was about the rate at which HARD CANDY dissolves in your mouth, including graphs.
physicsforme.wordpress.com...
Start demanding some answers, start asking questions, and perhaps this nonsense will stop.

edit on 9-9-2012 by Trublbrwing because: broken link

When it comes to the environment and weather, nothing has changed. It's exactly the same as it's always been. I think people are being stupid about this. They here all this brainwashing coming from MSM about the latest mass scare tactic which is climate change and they start saying the sky is falling. It's not falling! The weather and climate are exactly the same as it's always been. Summer tempuratures are EXACTLY the same, and same with winter.

Like for example....

If we didn't get snow up here anymore, and freezing winters; say that there would be no snow, and maybe even some green growth in the winter. Well I'd be the first to be saying "LOOK EVERYONE.... when I was a kid we had snow, now e don't, climate change is real!!!". Or if the summers were baking hot here, again I'd have to admit something's changed.

But again nothing has changed at all!!! You can even go on any weather site and look up the average tempuratures of any area for the last 100 years and they're well with the same ranges.

So I really don't know what you're talking about! I don't see any changes what so ever!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join