It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Canada’s closure of its Tehran embassy a precursor to an attack on Iran? (VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

There are many in the Twitterverse, blogosphere and comment boards that remain skeptical, believing that the closure of Canada's embassy in Tehran is a precursor to an imminent Israeli attack on Iran. In other words, Harper is getting our diplomats 'out of dodge.'

Prime Minister Stephen Harper spoke to reporters this weekend to clarify the reasons behind his government's decision, Friday, to cut ties with Iran.

"Ever since the attack on the British embassy last year, I have increasingly concerned about the safety of our diplomats," he said. "Whether it's [their] nuclear programs, support from Assad, its antisemitism, its support for terrorism...the risk to our diplomats just keeps going up so ever since last year we have been scaling down our presence."

ca.news.yahoo.com...

He basically sums up the conversation with "This regime will stop at nothing." I may only be 28 but over the years, I've learned to read people pretty well... I can tell when a man knows something and my PM clearly does. I can see it in his face and hear it in his voice.

Iran has one last chance in a few weeks at the UN meet, with all the world powers in the room. Netenyahu has given the Obama administration a last chance to declare themselves military is the next option, or Israel won't wait.

If they were going to, it should have been back in 2007 after the attack on the Syrian plant. Too many countries involved now, either politically, economically or financially.
edit on 9-9-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I can't see it happening anytime soon,or at least untill the end of hostilities in Syria

edit on 9-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Harper will do whatever his US masters tell him to do. I can't believe Canadians voted him in with a majority...gross.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Somehow, I think it's Netanyahu pullling Harper's strings. 2 recent visits to Canada and the last one was before he went stateside.

Obama ticked the Israelis off a little.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Imo Netanyahu's pulling more than just that,Harper has donated 2 million dollars to aid the 'rebels' within Syria.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Aug 11, 2012 11:41 AM ET

Canada's foreign minister pledged $6.5 million in additional aid to Jordan in its efforts to help displaced Syrians after seeing a refugee tent city and calling the worsening situation in neighbouring Syria "tremendously horrifying."

John Baird praised Jordan, calling it an "incredible example to the world" on the frontlines of the Syrian crisis, saying that the country "should not stand alone."

"Jordan is committed to helping the Syrian people at their greatest hour of need and Canada is proud to support you as you welcome tens of thousands of Syrian refugees across your borders," Baird said at a joint news conference with his Jordanian counterpart, Nasser Judeh, in the capital Amman, where he made the aid announcement.

www.cbc.ca...

Aug 17, 2012 2:02 PM ET

The Canadian-based group that was supposed to get $2 million to help deliver medical aid in Syria says it "regrets" the federal government's abrupt decision to pull the funding.

Board members said Friday they still don't understand what happened.

"Canadian Relief For Syria regrets the Canadian government's reversed decision to send medical aid to Syria via CRS," Aman Sharma, a board member told a press conference. He said his group is thankful, however, that the commitment was made in the first place.

www.cbc.ca...

I know in the bigger scheme of things, millions are like pocket change, but I can still do math.

6.5m - 2m = 4.5m

Shell game?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

As Harper said..nothing would surprise me

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Now we know why he's willing to spend billions on a fleet of F35's.

Woot

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

$ better spent on A fleet of drone's,seams to be where war and technology are headed
Are you implying a Canadian roll in a strike on Iran?
Or are you being facetious about the responsible spending habits of our government?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Now we know why he's willing to spend billions on a fleet of F35's.

Woot

Your display pictures makes this thread really come alive lol.

Anyways, remember Canadian jets were the first into Libya. Our current fleet is rather old and if we're going to throw money around, might as well be used for defense. Didn't you mother ever tell you better to have and not need than need and not have?

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by masqua

Imo Netanyahu's pulling more than just that,Harper has donated 2 million dollars to aid the 'rebels' within Syria.

That was pulled due to public outcry and they gave it a second review and scrapped it.

edit on 9-9-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I agree we need some new fighters,the cf-18's are dated,but i disagree we need the F-35
Regardless if it is true or not,the point being made is Canada as the USA should have no part (or support any part) in what they call a civil war in Syria.,Or support,take part in or assist a strike on Iran..

edit on 10-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join