It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Texas Judge Who Beat Daughter Gets His Job Back, Paid Throughout Suspension

page: 1
20
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The video says it all. This was no spanking to correct a child but rather a beating. Caught on tape by his daughter's camera, the judge can clearly be seen beating her with no restraint.

And now he's back on the bench after a nice long paid holiday at taxpayer expense. After beating a child. Sick.

What does this say?

Be advised that the video is disturbing.



www.mysanantonio.com...

BROWNSVILLE — The Aransas County family law judge last year seen beating his then-teenaged daughter in a YouTube video can return to the bench after he was issued a “public warning” by the State Commission on Judicial Conduct. Read more: www.mysanantonio.com...

A Public Warning? For beating a child. Are we allowed the same type of punishment for crimes we might commit?

In terms of severity, a public warning is a step below a reprimand and two steps below advising removal.

And they couldn't use the video in court because of the statute of limitations. How convenient.

Because the statute of limitations for child abuse cases had expired, the video could not be used in the criminal charges. Read more: www.mysanantonio.com...

Never knew there was a time limit on child abuse.

I remember this happening and never thought that there would be any outcome other than him being removed from the bench. But looks like he gets to sit there and judge the people for their crimes again.

Oh, BTW...

Judge Adams regularly presides over and decides child custody, child abuse, and family violence cases Read more: www.mysanantonio.com...


Peace




posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This guy is a complete waste of skin, hope someone puts him in the hospital for this



posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
This guy is a complete waste of skin, hope someone puts him in the hospital for this


I have a feeling that might be the next headline.

Peace



posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
judge = money .. power ... exempt from rule of law ...
typical corrupt american justice system ...



posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 

I understand. It is disturbing. But for almost all crimes there is a statute of limitations (murder being an exception). I'm sure you understand how they work and why they exist. The court system really couldn't do anything about this particular case.

If there is an upside, it is that he has to face the voters in two years. I'm sure he will have an opponent, and that opponent will use the video. It is the end of his career.



posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Yeah a bunch of people up my way are headed down there for a protest. I forget the details on it, but my wife's cousin is going.

What sort of impact this will have is up for grabs though. I'm also unsure if they have all the proper paper work.



posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Wait a sec... he "beat her into submission" by his own words... For a video game on the computer?


What a turd, oh well I'm sure his daughter will grow up with the utmost respect for her parents...



posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by jude11
 

I understand. It is disturbing. But for almost all crimes there is a statute of limitations (murder being an exception). I'm sure you understand how they work and why they exist. The court system really couldn't do anything about this particular case.

If there is an upside, it is that he has to face the voters in two years. I'm sure he will have an opponent, and that opponent will use the video. It is the end of his career.


Except when it benefits the Govt. of course. No statute of limitations here:

Feds Seize Gold Coins Worth $80 Mln From Pennsylvania Family

But that's not a child we're talking about is it? It's money and that takes precedence.

I understand what you're getting at but this is so wrong. Even if the statute ran out, he's guilty and everyone knows it. There is no way that he should have no punishment at all. And then to have his job back after a nice long paid vacation?

So wrong on so many levels.

Peace



posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It boggles the mind that a domestic abuser would be allowed back on the bench presiding over family law cases.



Unbelievable. This wasn't a case of adultry, alcoholism, substance abuse or even a traffic accident. This was a clear cut case of child abuse, and it is appalling that he -- an obvious criminal -- is returning as a judge.



posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod
reply to post by jude11
 


Yeah a bunch of people up my way are headed down there for a protest. I forget the details on it, but my wife's cousin is going.

What sort of impact this will have is up for grabs though. I'm also unsure if they have all the proper paper work.


They should do it in front of his house with signs that read "A Child Beater Lives Here". Film it, post it and shame him into never wanting to set foot outside his house again.

Let us know what transpires if you get news.

Peace



posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
10 years ago I punched my wife's truck mirror..

a neighbor called the police..I got ....

A domestic violence charge..

90 days in jail..

1 year of anger management..

800$ fine...

and I can never own any type of firearm for the rest of my life..

What did you say this Judge got again?????????



posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Hawking
This guy is a complete waste of skin, hope someone puts him in the hospital for this


I have a feeling that might be the next headline.

Peace

Now that would be judgement if we seen this up on CNN's top headlines, instead of a stupid football game.
One spanking would have been enough in my mind, this guy was acting out of rage... Punishment will follow him im sure of it.



posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
It boggles the mind that a domestic abuser would be allowed back on the bench presiding over family law cases.



Unbelievable. This wasn't a case of adultry, alcoholism, substance abuse or even a traffic accident. This was a clear cut case of child abuse, and it is appalling that he -- an obvious criminal -- is returning as a judge.


Returning as a judge who presides over child custody, child abuse, and family violence. Which means that he will be putting people in jail for the very same crime that he committed.

Now that's twisted.

Peace



posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
10 years ago I punched my wife's truck mirror..

a neighbor called the police..I got ....

A domestic violence charge..

90 days in jail..

1 year of anger management..

800$ fine...

and I can never own any type of firearm for the rest of my life..

What did you say this Judge got again?????????


He got a paid holiday.

Peace



posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
This guy is a complete waste of skin, hope someone puts him in the hospital for this


I'd much rather see someone put him in the dirt for this. This piece of filth doesn't deserve breathe our air.


/TOA



posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 

Dear jude11,

I really agree with you.

I understand what you're getting at but this is so wrong. Even if the statute ran out, he's guilty and everyone knows it. There is no way that he should have no punishment at all. And then to have his job back after a nice long paid vacation?

So wrong on so many levels.
Absolutely. Perhaps with the advent of our new recording technology (I mean, we didn't have it 50 years ago.) we have to look at rewriting our laws and principles of justice. I'd like to hope someone is leading a group on that now. (I think the committee should have bumped the punishment up to a public reprimand.)

And, you're right that the government finds a way around things. That gold coin case wasn't a statute of limitation case, though. But, it is awfully tough to root for the Feds nowadays.

With respect,
Charles1952



posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The mother of the girl is now filing grievances, sways the local news here in TX. I think this guys gonna get his one way or another. Many people here are upset and don't want the guy on the bench.



posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
The mother of the girl is now filing grievances, sways the local news here in TX. I think this guys gonna get his one way or another. Many people here are upset and don't want the guy on the bench.


If it goes the way as most of these cases do people will be mad for about a minute.

Hopefully this one keeps the people active in removing him. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that he should be allowed to sit on that bench again.

Peace



posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This man is an absolute blood thirsty tyrant. He should have no authority over others, he is a child abuser. Aren't US judges voted in? Hopefully he will be gone soon.



posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Can you believe they called her immature? Seven minuets of the foulest language and beatings directed at a young girl for a video game!

You would think they found her in bed with three guys and some heroin!

I have come to believe that the people who really run thing, like people like this in all Judicial positions. Remember the judge jerking off during court under his desk? I keep seeing these stories!



new topics




 
20
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join