It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Will we Meet our Neighbours?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Ok so I have been thinking a little today about life that exists out there in space. It seems to me that the likely hood of Earth like planets must be a certainty , due to our galaxy having over 100 billion planets, then statically this is an utter certainty.

Then the question must be , Not if Intelligent life exists out there, but how far away are our neighbours and when will we meet.

I have no idea when this will happen , I just feel sure that one day it will.

Maybe in my life time, we will have proven beyond all doubt that Life exists on another world.

ATS it seems impossible that we are alone in the universe.
edit on 9-9-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Ok so I have been thinking a little today about life that exists out there in space. It seems to me that the likely hood of Earth like planets must be a certainty , due to our galaxy having over 100 billion planets, then statically this is an utter certainty.

Then the question must be , Not if Intelligent life exists out there, but how far away are our neighbours and when will we meet.

I have no idea when this will happen , I just feel sure that one day it will.

Maybe in my life time, we will have proven beyond all doubt that Life exists on another world.

ATS it seems impossible that we are alone in the universe.
edit on 9-9-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

I can't give you the exact date, but it will happen............

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
You both seem so sure of something that is so uncertain and still without proof.

With all the billion possibilities, we are still a unique ball of dirt.

Delusion can be very dissappointing.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

When we are collectively no longer embarrassingly primitive savages who rape, murder, and exploit each other and the planet unmercifully for personal gain.

Expect to be waiting an extremely long time.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The vastness of space (time) precludes it will take a very long time.

Or, it could happen tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
You guys don't think the God damn military cabal has not reached interstellar travel? I bet there are fleets of human made starships that we can't even fathom their abilities in technology and travel.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
If we haven't met them already...

Its more likely they will find us and tell us all about themselves before we ever find them.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
You both seem so sure of something that is so uncertain and still without proof.

With all the billion possibilities, we are still a unique ball of dirt.

Delusion can be very dissappointing.

I don't understand why you would describe me as delusional, my views on ufo's and swarms of alien visitation
are well known on ATS.

However when discussing life outside our solar system, i can only follow main stream science, their discoveries using the Kepler telescope and statistics that the scientists provide from their data.

There are approx 200 billion stars in our Milky Way, with billions of planets, so there is a statistical chance of millions of Earth Like planets in our galaxy alone.

If you multiply that with the billions of galaxies in our universe then it seems an absolute certainty that Intelligent life at least as advanced as our own exists not once but countless times across the galaxy and beyond.

edit on 10-9-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Then the question must be , Not if Intelligent life exists out there, but how far away are our neighbours and when will we meet. I have no idea when this will happen , I just feel sure that one day it will. Maybe in my life time, we will have proven beyond all doubt that Life exists on another world. ATS it seems impossible that we are alone in the universe.

Hi rigel4,

I agree that it makes sense that there is life on other planets in the universe. How bizarre would that be to wake up one morning and find our planet has been visited by aliens. I hope they don't eat flesh but wait, wouldn't that be creepy if we offered them our finest steak and they preferred humans instead? *shudders

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OldSchoolMom

lol , anything is possible in an infinite Universe. Let's hope they prefer
steak.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
You have to take the chance Earth is where we live our lives.
Taking in outside influences only diminishes our life on Earth.

Sure know your Earth neighbors.
We don't know enough of them.

This question being in Aliens and UFO forum suggests a connection that is
implied for the existence of these entities yet the human neighbors you might
seek have your UFO.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Spiritualists, believers in any religeon have been 'meeting', 'conversing with' and even emailing 'aliens' since time began.

This is done via meditation (alpha level), dreaming and astral travel.

Aliens / angels are accessable on a multitude of differing levels or dimensions in real time.

If a person is spiritually minded they can converse with a 'neighbour' today through simple meditation.

If a person doesn't believe in spirits / ghosts / demons / angels / then they are going to be in the dark for many decades to come.

Its as simple as that.

However, on a lighter note, new age websites are speculating that UFO disclosure will occur soon before the end of this year.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

Spiritualists, believers in any religeon have been 'meeting', 'conversing with' and even emailing 'aliens' since time began.

This is done via meditation (alpha level), dreaming and astral travel.

Aliens / angels are accessable on a multitude of differing levels or dimensions in real time.

If a person is spiritually minded they can converse with a 'neighbour' today through simple meditation.

If a person doesn't believe in spirits / ghosts / demons / angels / then they are going to be in the dark for many decades to come.

Its as simple as that.

However, on a lighter note, new age websites are speculating that UFO disclosure will occur soon before the end of this year.

Utter tripe. It only works if you're on drugs.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I guess the simple answer to that is no one knows. Those who claim to know are full of delusions. That is why year in and year out the same people make the same predictions just with new dates.

I do agree with you though that life outside of our planet is a near certainty. Those who believe that in our universe we are the only life... Well, they are as delusional as those who believe they were dropped off here by aliens at birth.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Would you want to meet your neighbors if they kept their house like a garbage dump, have signs out "will rape and vivisect for food", own a cadillac but their children and pets look like they havent seen a meal in weeks, everyone's dirty, smelly, vicious, and are ready to throw rocks through your windows at a moments notice....

Me, I'd have moved by now... this would explain the lack of neighbors.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
then go meet your neighbors beside your house

Just go in a public place
you will have at least 20 kind of different alien species !
dont look to far in space to search them
think bigger not just a little

edit on 9/14/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
When we are ready meaning when its 100% obvious we are not alone.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
That is a very good question. Makes you think deep, out of the box. I think that our neighbors are already here and have been here a long time. Which doesn't rule out the possibility that others have visited recently that have not been here before. And its only a matter of time before the alien/aliens leaves the room... And then barges in again to announce "SURPRISE EVERYONE I AM HERE!!" so to speak. I would think that the different types of them are aware of one another for the most part.. And there seems to a some sort of spiritual aspect to some of it, speaking solely from my own opinion and experiences.

To see the diverseness of life here on earth and to understand there are billions of planets and stars. Its no wonder there are all sorts of different reports of bizarre, weird, and unexplainable occurrences, different types of craft and ET... I for one am witness to and have others who have seen the same stuff too. And just like humanity, I believe we have friendly and not-so-friendly ET's out there each with different objectives. Disclosure is VERY close, and who knows may be 12-12 2012 is "arrival", which sets the stage for world panic?! (refer to H.G.Wells 'War of the worlds' on a massive scale) Exterminating with an almost machine like efficiency however still a living being with intelligence. I would hope they are not like that, and 80% of everything out there negative towards them is pure folk lore.

But there are things you cant ignore... Like cattle mutilations, by far some of the most disturbing things next to our human UFO cases we examine. Which is in part why we look at it with such scrutiny.. If they planted flowers that bloom instantly in to chocolate candy we wouldn't be so concerned... (Just a contrast). So in ending, we may never know the full story to what is on a world wide scale, but at least the secret is safe with the people who are not ignorant to such topics as this. I think slowly everyone will is and has been 'warming up' to meeting our neighbors. Were curious, but most of us would be scared stiff to see another intelligent entity in person. When I figure out how to star this i will!

new topics

top topics

join