It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This infographic says it all.. 'Priorities of the human species - Something to think about'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I actually attempted to post this thread the other day but I lost the correct link

We all know that the priorities of the elite lie not with us or the betterment of mankind but only with themselves and their own interests. The amount of money spent on military advancement & sustainment every year is absurd, the amount of 'bailout' money given to banks is appalling. All the while public & social services are cut to crap and our livelihoods slowly but surely head down the crapper.

I am unable to upload & embed the infographic so here it is. I highly recommend you check it out as it visually puts things right into perspective.

Click on the image to zoom in. Its tiny at first glance.

Here are a couple of bits of data from it anyway:

- Trident submarine launched nuclear ballistic missile costs around $29.1 Million.
- Cost of significantly increasing sensitivity of the Allen Telescope array (SETI): About $50M

Can you see how disproportionate that is? One of those things is productive and is aimed at developing our species as a whole, one of them is aimed at killing our species in the most horrific way. And that is just PER warhead.

The parts in the infographic about the US military budget and the 2008 Citibank bailout says it all..
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Here are a couple of bits of data from it anyway:

- Trident submarine launched nuclear ballistic missile costs around $29.1 Million.
- Cost of significantly increasing sensitivity of the Allen Telescope array (SETI): About $50M

Can you see how disproportionate that is? One of those things is productive and is aimed at developing our species as a whole, one of them is aimed at killing our species in the most horrific way. And that is just PER warhead.

I'm afraid I see this with a different perspective and in a much simpler form that says a lot more.

SETI is NOT "productive" but also "destructive", just in a different way.

The money would and should be spent on the people who need it NOW, not wasted on something that is at the moment, fantasy.

Don't let science (fiction) rape the funds from things that are far more important and relevant to the here and now.

If we keep diverting money to feed the imaginations of those who have enough, then we are ignoring the issues and supporting ignorance.

Don't get me wrong, I have great interest in what's "out there", but what about what's down here?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Very interesting infographic. I do not understand why we spend so much money rewarding businesses like citibank and others for bad business practices. Such a sad waste of money.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Contributed to winning the Cold War because the Ruskies could never figure out where a Trident submarine was, as admited by them.

A totally useless waste of government money that won't do a damned thing in advancing the human species.

Yeah, I see the disparity all right.

edit on 9/9/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

I'm afraid I see this with a different perspective and in a much simpler form that says a lot more.

SETI is NOT "productive" but also "destructive", just in a different way.

The money would and should be spent on the people who need it NOW, not wasted on something that is at the moment, fantasy.

Don't let science (fiction) rape the funds from things that are far more important and relevant to the here and now.

If we keep diverting money to feed the imaginations of those who have enough, then we are ignoring the issues and supporting ignorance.

Don't get me wrong, I have great interest in what's "out there", but what about what's down here?

I was just comparing the two, I agree with you. Money should be spent on peoples survival and well being before anything else, that goes without saying!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Contributed to winning the Cold War because the Ruskies could never figure out where a Trident submarine was, as admited by them.

A totally useless waste of government money that won't do a damned thing in advancing the human species.

Yeah, I see the disparity all right.

edit on 9/9/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

Which is better? something that can kill a lot of people.. or something that is awesome no matter what it achieves. We will learn at least something from it no matter how trivial to you and compared to the bank bailouts its pennies.

Learning is advancement no?
No matter how small.

Nukes are... bad mm'kay.

Although I appreciate your point about the missile development aiding in 'winning the cold war'. Still It doesn't make it a beautiful thing that should have stupid amounts of cash splashed at it.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
screw seti.

Put that money into Education and I promise you the Deficit, Poverty, Alternative energy, and any other of our societal ills would be solved.

Its that simple.

As an old Chinese proverb says.

When planning for a year, plant corn. When planning for a decade, plant trees. When planning for life, train and educate people.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The only thing is the proposition of life being out there most likely comes with the proposition that there is life out there significantly more advanced than we are. If so, then surely, out of the billions of stars that would host these life forms, one of em has had to have found us. It's my belief that they if they're out there, they have found us. So now the question is... why are they not making contact with us? Only solution I can think of is that something we're doing must be putting em off.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm not big on SETI either but, this inforgraphic really shows how much money is totally wasted on other stupid things, much more wastefull than that.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

I'm not big on SETI either but, this inforgraphic really shows how much money is totally wasted on other stupid things, much more wastefull than that.

I'm surprised people aren't going on more about the us military budget or the bank bailouts..

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

What is there to go on about? We all know that they are grossly too high

join