It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Soros calls for Germany to Leave Euro?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

George Soros basically saying that Germany needs to lead or get out of the way.

International financier George Soros has called for Germany to "lead or leave the euro" days before a crucial ruling on the eurozone's bailout fund by Germany's constitutional court.

Anyone else heard anything about this? I'd think it would be an unmitigated disaster for the Euro were Germany to pull out, but obviously, when a money guy like Soros (despite all his shortcomings, which are many) makes a statement like this you've got to sit up and take notice.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think Soros needs a looooong break far far away from the duties of complicated and difficult things.....such as feeding himself or tying his shoes.

If Germany leaves the E.U., the E.U. ends and shatters. On the SPOT. England COULD step in...if they wanted...and fill the role. You've gotta be kidding though? The U.K. seems to regret being as close to the E.U. as they are now and that feeling seems mutual, if anything. France is in no position to lead the E,U. itself....so remove the heart and the body dies.

However, Germany is the only one of the bunch I see that had the foresight to keep themselves half way viable and stable where they can survive outside the Union. Unless I'm missing something huge....Soros is trying to slap Merkel around and she is no one's tool. He may get bit on this one....as she has serious backing. She'd never had made it this far, given her positions if she didn't have serious support just outside our view from the public seats.

BTW.... I try to shy from advice dispensed by a man like Soros. He well earned the nickname of the 'Man who broke the bank of England'. Playing with and ruining nations as he sees fit or is amused by is his stock and trade. If he says something is good? RUN!.....his track record is like Uncle Sam showing up and saying he's there to help.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Right on the nail.

I'd like to add that German Constitutional Court might single-handedly kill the €uro Zone when they rule about the ESM being unconstitutional in two days.

Big story here, but our MSM are deliberately playing it down and carefully avoid talking about the possible implications for some reason. We will see.

I don't know what foreign media are reporting on the topic though.
edit on 10-9-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I believe there was a thread awhile back describing a scenario in which German will financially conquer Europe. Accomplishing through peace what it couldn’t through war.

This is not my opinion i am just restated the content of another thread. I will attempt to find.

edit on 10-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join