It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London has that sound again. Happening right now!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

I could not of put it any better.
I was quite interested at first but as i carried on reading i could not
stop laaughing.
Nice 1

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

No not the wind, my hubby is a skeptic and even he said it was a weird sound.

It did go dark real quick tonight but I don't know when dusk is supposed to be, in September, it could be normal. Not really windy here either.

I know on ATS it's, if you haven't got a recording, then I must be making it up. But I have a far more interesting life and don't need the stress of being an OP, believe me.

I am not being nasty to you (honestly) but if you knew what stresses were in my life, you would ask me 'why are you putting yourself through it'.

Although I am very happy that nearly all the posters in this thread, have been very nice. Thankyou.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Speaking of night time, it's time I went to bed.

Final thought before I leave you in peace; I guess now the Olympics/Paralympics have finished they have stopped the weather modification and it's back to normal then. Bye bye summer, here come the storms...

Increase the peace,
Ciao peeps

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
About 10.20pm today my family and I hear a pulsing sound coming from outside.

That's me farting outside

It sounded like bombing.

That was definitely me letting off some steam...whooooooo-weeeee!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

Thanks,I appreciate the comeback.After posting the question I did some reseach and came to the same conclusion.But you just verified what I discovered.I wonder if there are any of these bases under construction in North Texas.That might explain the dozens of small quakes and tremors that have been reported over the last three years.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
reply to post by CX

No not the wind, my hubby is a skeptic and even he said it was a weird sound.

I am not being nasty to you (honestly) but if you knew what stresses were in my life, you would ask me 'why are you putting yourself through it'.

Although I am very happy that nearly all the posters in this thread, have been very nice. Thankyou.

I have also heard these sounds in many places, NYC FL Vegas many places, and things that sound like Trumpets,
and a couple of times i have heard a sound i can not put into words but it was horrible ugly i call it Daemon Speak, because it is so disturbing and defies description... Sometimes though if you are really quiet and near the Ocean
Early in the morning at sunrise sometimes i can hear something very pretty, before all the outside Creatures wake up and start their sounds. However, that is also when i heard something like a trumpet a couple of times now.

Anyway, i just wanted to say i understand how RL can be a buggar it is for me right now so many sad things happening, family friends etc. So yes i do understand what you are saying by not having any reason then the one stated for posting.. To the person that mentioned the Silk Scarf hmmmm i have one or two Thank you for the idea.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hermit777

Forgot to add to AriesJedi Thinking of you and your family and be at Peace.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mardukiscoming

Interestingly, I was about to reply to the OP when I came across your post. I am in San Antonio and yesterday morning around 7am I started hearing a very loud (rumbling/thumping/moaning) sound that seemed to be coming from outside. At the same time, I began feeling a rhythmic "pulsing" sensation under my feet...reminded me of an engine idling, although it would have to be a very LARGE engine. And no, it was most definitely not an eathquake...I know what those feel like; I lived in Cali for years.

I am going to look up the time difference between us and the UK, because I'm thinking these events may have occurred at the same time. Have you heard or felt anything weird in North TX? This sound and vibration were very intense and went on for several hours.

I don't go out during the day unless I have to, due to chronic illness, so I was unable to go outside and try to capture the noise on the digital recorder. I have looked out there several times and nothing seemed amiss save for the fact that the parking lot was almost entirely empty and I didn't see or hear anyone walking around outside all day. Also, there were no clouds in the sky. At all. And I still have not seen anyone outside, even though it is now Monday.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I was at the closing ceremony last night. Near to the end, maybe three quarters of the way through, I did hear a firework-y/thundering/booming sort of noise that seemed out of place and was loud enough to be distracting. The music was loud on its own, but this was definitely coming from somewhere outside the stadium - did sound of thunder or fireworks, but was not raining and no visible fireworks above the stadium at the time.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ariamidnight

Last night I was watching the last 40 mins of the ceremony because I wanted to watch the fireworks.

About 10.30pm I heard loud bangs which I assumed were the fireworks, but a couple of the bangs were VERY loud and sounded like a bomb to me the sounds lasted for about 10 mins. Then at 10.50pm I watched the fireworks on tv, I assumed that what we were watching on tv was not live but was 30 mins or so behind?. Am I right anyone know.

I am in Islington north london so no where really near the stadium, but it sounded like it was really close, and like I said a couple of the bangs were very loud.
edit on 10-9-2012 by restless genius because: spelling

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by restless genius

Unfortunately, I am not sure on the time of it as was not paying much attention to it - but I would say it lasted for 5-10 minutes as was very dstracting at the time and did go on awhile. Couldn't really get much though as the music was very loud. I want to say a few fireworks had gone off before the noise, but the major show wasn't until long after. I assume the ceremony was played live on TV, don't know why there would have been a time delay?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ariamidnight

Its weird, I dont know why there would be a time delay I just assumed there was.

I knew the ceremony ended at 11.05pm and the fireworks would be around that time. But I just checked and I am about 6 miles from the stadium so would I even hear those fireworks? I dont know it is strange that others around London heard loud bangs noises around the same time.

edit on 10-9-2012 by restless genius because: spelling again

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Are the sounds still going on?

reply to post by Dyzan

Bad Wolf

edit on 10-9-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
South Coast here, about 70 miles south of London. Heard lots of booms at about 11:00 pm ish. I text my bro, as I'd told him about previous booms a month or so ago, so he could listen to them last night. He text back and said probably the paralympic fireworks. I think thats what it was probably.

I assumed it was Naval vessels firing their guns off at sea for training. It was booming, and deep, and at times sustained booms. I recorded it on my phone with a video about a month ago, if anyone wants to hear it. You'll hear it well with headphones on, turned up loud. Not exactly impressive, but it remains a mystery for me at least.

I'm still leaning towards lympic fireworks, or Naval training though.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

I too lived in Cali. at one time so I know what an earthquake feels and sounds like.I was in San Francisco in '89.As to your question about N.Texas I honestly have never felt anything.I was referring to news reports.I live right in the landing and takeoff pattern for D/FW Airport,so any shaking or rumbling I might feel would most likely be attributed to aircraft.
What you describe sounds like underground construction,or equipment of some sort.I have been to the San Antonio area and have seen that there are rock and gravel quarries in that part of the state.Could that be what you heard?Not knowing the exact area you live in I can't really say.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
it's the war in heaven

but in the paractical side of worldly explainations... there migh be a local emergence of cicadas,
they do their mating 'song' so loud its aggrivating, & you can never locate the exact place wher the din-of-noise starts from

then there might be a another insect cause... perhaps millions of mole-crickets that 'sound-off' to the bane of the human ears

i say the London & other phenomena like in Oregon lately are natural events, odd but explainable in natural terms

but there may be an exotic cause for the noises/sounds/humms/ trumpets in localized areas
an atmospheric anomaly... perhaps something like vortices in the upper atmospher
unseen funnel clouds that exist only horizontally instead of like a typical tornado/cyclone that functions vertically

consider my suggestions and investigate as u will

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Are you aware that the Red Arrows were flying over London today? I saw them Yesterday live at the Duxford airshow, they flew for about 30min and made a hell of a noise that could probably be heard for miles.
I am 100% sure it was them the OP heard.

Red Arrows:
www.raf.mod.uk...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
All these post and not one recording??? It baffles me that the OP won't put up w/ any crap..( I agree) but where the heck is your sound bite??? Even 10 secs worth of the noise from anyone hearing it would be very helpful...

Again...all you are hearing it and not one recording?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Again...all you are hearing it and not one recording?

Or maybe our across the ponders could at least say why they aren't recording it for us ? To low in intensity maybe ?
How's that sound ?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Did not hear any sounds here in Glasgow, but at around the same time (and well after midnight) the sky was of orange colour (pretty bright-ish) and the ground was shaking from time to time, like small earthquakes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join