It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say a phrase, and you are saved...

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yahushuasaves

Psalm 119:1 " Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD."
That doesn't necessarily mean the physical thing, the Torah, and could mean God's instruction, especially in that context and word form in the Hebrew. I think what it is being described by the use of that word form is how the law or instruction is a thing belonging to God. So it is not Moses' or anyone else's.
When you get further into that psalm you see what the point is, that the person saying it is comparing himself to the heathen who are his enemies, and thinks God should do something to them, and to save himself.

If the Law of God is perfect and those who walk in it are undefiled, then how can Dispensationalism make any sense?
Perfect, or blameless, or with integrity, are the more modern translations rather than the KJV, undefiled.
Instructions, or teachings, or just "the way", are alternative translations used in versions rather than law.
How Christianity "makes sense" is that YHWH in the OT was not literally God, the person we think of today as being God, as in the Father and god of Jesus.
The OT entity is described in the NT as an angel, or rather group of different angels who served as administrators over the earth, and particularly one group of people related with the Land of Canaan.
The law was considered "perfect" in that it pointed to a living god rather than to purely mythical gods of the heathens who were not really gods at all.
We have a real, live god who was with us in Jesus who is the unrivaled son and sole representative of the ultimate God over all the universe. This is a move into a new era ushered in by Jesus which replaced the old era that existed in that time when Jesus was preaching.

Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh, and if He is the same yesterday, today, and forever, the Torah cannot change at all.
I don't think it says that. See my thread Was the "Word" (According to the Gospel of John) "Made Flesh"?, www.abovetopsecret.com...
Jesus was the person who had the message of life to dying mankind. Who he is, as a person, is the Name of God, and not the hypothetical Word of God, or Torah as the Messianic cults try to make him out as.

Heaven and earth are still here, thus they are great witnesses against the Law abolishing paradigm. There are no New Heavens and New Earth yet are there?
In a spiritual sense, yes. That is something you need to realize, regardless of what the cults tell you.
edit on 25-11-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by yahushuasaves

Or do we need to go all the way with both? I leave you with this:
John 5:39 "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."
John 5:40 "And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life."
John 5:41 "I receive not honour from men."
John 5:42 "But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you."
John 5:43" I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive."
John 5:44 "How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?"
John 5:45 "Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust."
John 5:46 "FOR HAD YE BELIEVED MOSES, YE WOULD HAVE BELIEVED ME, FOR HE WROTE OF ME."
John 5:47 "BUT IF YE BELIEVE NOT HIS WRITINGS HOW SHALL YE BELIEVE MY WORDS?"
Do you think this is actually an argument in support of your theory?
If so, you are missing the chain of logic in the rhetoric.
"You think you can find eternal life in the scripture."
"Moses, or what you have written yourself in his name, condemns you because you ignore the description of the one who will come who is another Moses-like character but real and in your face."
"Moses, or what you set up as the ultimate authority on earth, you put your trust in."
"If you can't even believe in that, what are you capable of believing in?"

edit on 25-11-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

<< 22  23  24   >>

join