learn more

Say a phrase, and you are saved...

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
Judaism believes they wrote the Torah and God reads it to know what to do.

What? Where did you come up with that one?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

That comes from the rabbinic writings that date back to the early Christian era.
Christians carry about this idealized version of Judaism that just doesn't exist.
There is a reason why Christianity became popular and left Judaism behind.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I am not trying to cause divisions, nor am I speaking of my own authority. Everything I have stated is not biased opinion or another gospel. If we speak on our own authority the truth is not in us. Christ is to be the head of every man, not a theological seminary or some "lead pastor." Let me explain again, I am not Jewish neither from the tribe of Judah. Neither am I a Gentile, now that I am in the covenants of promise. Through our Messiah, the gate of the sheep, I am now as a native of Israel. For it is written "you and the foreigner shall be the same before the LORD your God. Paul never taught against the Law of God. Jews are a single tribe of Israel and mixed in with Benjamin. Only the House of Judah came back after captivity in any significant number. The House of Judah was made up of the tribe of Benjamin and Judah, with some Levites. Thus this is why we think Israel is made up of only Jews. The other 10 tribes were scattered among the nations and became a multitude of nations. I do not advocate "British Israelism" either. It is flawed.

So far they have not returned to the promises to all of Israel. That is what Paul means when he says "and all Israel shall be saved." He is quoting Isaiah in this chapter. So no I am not trying to be "Jewish" or telling others to be. Jews are only a small part of Israel. The House of Israel in Scripture and Ephraim are distinct from Judah. Once this is understood, Scripture becomes even clearer. It must also be stated that the Talmud was written by hypocritical Jews who wanted tradition over the truth. I do not esteem it at all. If Paul taught against us keeping the law, then why is this in Scripture? Concerning Paul the elders say that the accusations against him are false about teaching contrary to the Law.

Acts 21:24: "Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law."
edit on 23-10-2012 by yahushuasaves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

That comes from the rabbinic writings that date back to the early Christian era.
Christians carry about this idealized version of Judaism that just doesn't exist.
There is a reason why Christianity became popular and left Judaism behind.

So, Rabbis writing over 1,000 years after Moses determine that he wrote the books of the Torah to instruct God? Sorry, I don't believe that for one second. Said "Rabbis" would be stoned within two seconds of stating that.

If you're looking for a reason beyond "it's the right religion," Christianity became popular and left Judaism behind because Christianity is an inclusive religion, while Judaism is an exclusive one.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

If you're looking for a reason beyond "it's the right religion," Christianity became popular and left Judaism behind because Christianity is an inclusive religion, while Judaism is an exclusive one.

Well that and we're the fulfillment of the prophecies in the OT of the good things to come. If you examine closely, what we do is symbolised in what they do. Take Passover for instance, our Communion is the spiritual fulfillment of the symbolized Passover feast. Just like how their feastdays are fulfilled in what we believe like Christ's crucifiction/Passover and Shavuot/Pentecost. It's like looking in a mirror as a child and seeing yourself all grown up as your grown up self stares back at your child self.
edit on 23-10-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by yahushuasaves

Concerning Paul the elders say that the accusations against him are false about teaching contrary to the Law.
Paul did not write Acts.
Nor was the author with Paul. I realize that it says he was, but that is a device used in works of fiction to get a perspective on the story, rather than having it told from a first person perspective, which never would have been accepted.
Paul says pretty much he never attended a meeting of the elders as described in Acts and said the people in Jerusalem did not know him. He only met with Peter and James.
To get the real teachings of Paul, written by Paul, you have to read his letters, in which he does teach against the law, saying he counted his keeping of the law, though he was faultless, as dung. He found something better which is faith, which he uses in his teachings as the thing that replaces the law, not just an intellectual accent but a doing unto righteousness.
Are you asking why the law is in the scripture?
There are various descriptions of law in the old testament but obviously they were not first hand accounts from witnesses in the Sinai wilderness but probably a telling which combines old stories with what was actually in practice in the temple whenever that section was being written.
edit on 24-10-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Sorry, I don't believe that for one second. Said "Rabbis" would be stoned within two seconds of stating that.
Not just Moses but the rabbis themselves could go ahead and make changes to it as they saw fit.
I would suggest that you do some study on your own before dismissing these things. For example, what do you think the canon is? The thing Christians call the old testament is really a canon, meaning the rabbis decided they had the authority to give equal status as the Torah to other books. This was controversial and probably some people did end up being stoned over it. It was very contentious for hundreds of years, but in the end the party prevailed that set themselves up above God.

Jews were already in the "exclusive club" and still became Christians, to where the former Jews now Christians outnumbered the former and still Jews.
edit on 24-10-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I never said Paul wrote Acts, and in his letters he uses first person, yet Acts is in third person. That is obvious. I am not sure where you came to that conclusion. However, Paul never teaches against the Law of God. He teaches that we are not under the law, being the law of sin and of death. So we are not under the condemnation of death, because the Messiah is our high priest, making intercession and forgiveness on our behalf. Through His shed blood and resurrection, we have redemption.

The first century believers observed the Feast Days of Yahweh and the Torah. So did Paul. He is very easy to misunderstand. We are warned of this.

2 Peter 3:15 "And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

2 Peter 3:16 "As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things;in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."

2 Peter 3:17 "Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness."

Romans 7:22 "For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:"

Romans 7:12 "Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good."

Isaiah 2:3 "And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem."

The Law is even taught during the Millennium and applied by the Messiah. We are even required to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

Zechariah 14:16 "And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles."

Zechariah 14:17 "And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain."

This is undeniable. It is clear that this is during the Millennium when Yahushua (Jesus) is king over all the earth.

Keeping the law is not what saves us, it is the evidence and fruit of salvation. For the Messiah fully expanded and gave the correct interpretation of the Law of God. Not did away with it.

Matthew 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill."

How can fulfill here mean abolish or destroy if it cancels out what He said about destroying by stating he came to destroy it.

It cannot read: "Think not that I am come to destroy the Law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to destroy (put an end to.)

This is senseless. The Law is at least until the new heavens and new earth.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I never said Paul wrote Acts, and in his letters he uses first person, yet Acts is in third person. That is obvious.
Seriously I don't get this, why people don't seem to be able to understand my posts.
Here is what I wrote:

Nor was the author with Paul. I realize that it says he was . . .

OK, what was I saying there?
Acts is written as if the author was witness to the events Paul was participating in.
I was not saying it was written as if it was Paul describing things he did himself.
Is it too difficult to grasp my meaning? That this hypothetical Luke, or whoever, was writing as if he was a passenger on the boat with Paul, observing his actions, and later writing about it.
I think you should sit down and study the Bible and some history and some credible academic biblical commentaries so you know what you are talking about.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Christ despised when men upheld tradition over the truth. By the grace and gift of God I know these things, for the Holy Spirit teaches us what we ought to say and how to answer. He will bring us into all truth. No Scripture is of any private interpretation. The Law is in effect for today, and we have our sins erased by grace. He died in our place. Yet we cannot make up our own definition of sin when the Scriptures clearly state sin is transgression of the law. Paul did not teach contrary to the Law. I have given plenty of evidence that most Christian theology is flawed and in serious error in thus thread. From Scripture alone. No biased commentary or opinions. No tradition. Search the Scriptures, test what I say to it. You will find that I am not trying to be right or prove a point just to do it. I am not speaking on my own authority. That is wickedness.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Your claims are self-contradictory so really serve no purpose in persuading anyone of your views being more legitimate than scholars who spend their entire lives studying these issues.
I realize people hold opinions and some people hold their own in special regard but I don't recommend that as a personal philosophy.
The spirit from God works with us to gain insight but I don't think it happens where we are not aware of that process occurring. You don't just all of a sudden posses knowledge without you knowing where it comes from. You get knowledge through study and you rely on the spirit to convict you to pursue that course and to direct you to the right mentors and good reading material. That is what that verse is referring to that you quoted.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The Pharisees did the same. They studied and even added to the Law. That was what they did. Yet along comes our Messiah who tells them they are in error and have been the whole time. Did they heed Him? No they sought to kill Him. Scripture teaches us that the truth is never popular in a wicked generation. Even with those who claim to know our Father. Is it not possible for God to use an ordinary person who earnestly and diligently seeks Him to correct them? Is that not what He has always done? Take Moses for an example of a man who had little faith to start with.

I am not saying that men who have studied all their lives are not useful or are always in error. What I am saying is Satan has deceived us to the point of branching away from the one faith once delivered to all. Many of us just accept what is popularly taught as Biblical. Such as a 7 year tribulation (one of the most misunderstood prophecies in all Scripture) or the Law is done away with. What does Scripture actually say? Many people just accept their pastor's words as truth. We will think that because they spent years studying for a degree, they have all the answers. Yahweh has all the answers. Not man. Many think they shouldn't study prophecy, because of the reasoning that they won't be here. Is that Scriptural? Not in any way close.

Christ commanded us to watch, and also to be on our guard for wolves in sheep's clothing. It's convenient that when it benefits them, many snakes on the pulpit use the Law for tithes, yet say it is done away with. This is seriously flawed sin that must be dealt with. I am not in any way saying that all men of mainstream churches are bad or insincere. Just that the time of the End is here and everyone is sleeping and dreaming when they should be awake and understand the times.
edit on 24-10-2012 by yahushuasaves because: spacing
edit on 24-10-2012 by yahushuasaves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

You even deny that the Book of Revelation is what it says it is in one of your threads?

Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Revelation 1:2 "Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Revelation 1:3 "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand."

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Did they heed Him?
Some did. I think this is what you are missing, why Jesus spent so much time with the Pharisees and how in the end most of them were on his side, the ones local to his area, in Galilee.
They knew the right answers because they studied the scriptures and could pick out the important part of the law when Jesus asked them.

No they sought to kill Him.
The Pharisees warned Jesus that "the Jews" were planning to kill him, meaning the priests of the temple.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Revelation 1:3 "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand."
All of it was right there and then, metaphorically speaking.
I was written to be put to use at the same time it was being written and distributed.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The Law is not to be for salvation. It is not what saves us. Grace through faith is what saves us. The Scriptures themselves define sin as the transgression and breaking of the Law. The Torah. So when we are told how can we who have died to sin live any longer in it we must realize that we are not to just throw Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy aside and say that only Christ's commands matter. His commands are the same as the Father's commands because He and the Father are one. The "Old Testament" God is the same one from the "New Testament." If this whole Torah is still for today ideology changes your worldview, that is exactly what it does to many. We have been taught just to accept what our pastor says as truth because "he went to school for it." The disciples were simple men, and Moses was a simple man who said He was not an eloquent speaker in any form. He was slow of tongue. Did that stop Him from being an instrument of God for the salvation of Israel? Not by a long shot.

So to say that I don't understand anything that I am saying because those people "went to school for it" is a moot point. The Scriptures can be understood by anyone who diligently wants to. I recommend watching a teaching called "Identity Crisis" by Jim Staley of Passion for Truth Ministries for a detailed breakdown of what we are according the the Scripture. It is far too much information for a post on a website, and the work is put together quite well. His ministry did a great thing for many people. I don't agree with everything He may say on End Times subjects, but nonetheless that teaching blessed my family and others. Everyone can benefit from the Father's blessings, yet to receive those blessings requires obedience on our part. Salvation is by faith not works. Yet a faith without works is a dead faith. Faith and works work together. The blood of the Messiah is not by our works, but because of His gift we must be obedient. The whole point of this thread is salvation being just saying one phrase and that's it. The whole of my posts is to clarify not divide the members of the Messiah. Yahweh is restoring His ways, and this is a sure sign that the Day of the LORD is near upon all the nations.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Grace through faith is what saves us.

Grace is the gift of the spirit. Something that gives us conviction concerning our sinful state and the desire to replace that life of sin with a life of living to righteousness.
We move towards that goal by way of Faith, which is not just an intellectual assent to the fact that we need to be better, but the way of life of Faith, which is being empowered by a spirit from God, through Jesus, and which is in the new covenant what replaces the position previously held by the Law, in the old covenant.
The way you worded it, it is salvation by your work of believing you are saved, which is not how it works.
We are "saved" by being separated from the general mass of sinners hopelessly lost to a life of sin, saved for a life of righteousness. A righteousness outside of the Law, meaning the Law of Moses, and according to the law of faith.
Doing things to put on an outward show to indicate you are righteous in your own eyes is what the Pharisees do. Real righteousness is what Jesus taught and are what have a practical value beyond just the going through the motions to appear pious, things which do nothing for others.
edit on 4-11-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

So to say that I don't understand anything that I am saying because those people "went to school for it" is a moot point. The Scriptures can be understood by anyone who diligently wants to. I recommend watching a teaching called "Identity Crisis" by Jim Staley of Passion for Truth Ministries for a detailed breakdown of what we are according the the Scripture.
Saying "moot point" is supposed to mean what . . that you don't want to hear it?
I don't buy what you are saying, that reading books is worthless, while watching crackpot YouTube videos are the way to understanding.
You hide behind this idea that hypothetically someone can learn by just reading the Bible, which is not something you can claim honestly since you are filling your head with cult propaganda. Your mind is already polluted so you can't claim some sort of magical theological purity.
If you had any sort of background in real study, you would not buy into the likes of that preacher you referred to in your last post.
Lots of examples, such as his saying there is no such thing as Jews. There are Jews and it is crazy to say there isn't.
His claim that the Israelites came from Canaan. They were called Hebrews and became known as Israelites when they came out of Egypt.
His claim that to be a student of Gamaliel, you had to have the Torah memorized. There is no evidence that Gamaliel ever had any students.
Then his unsupported claim that Paul was a rabbi.
His central thesis that there were no gentile converts to Christianity, and that they were all "Israelite gentiles", which he bases on an OT quote calling Ephraim the fullness of nations.

Joseph named the firstborn Manasseh, saying, “Certainly God has made me forget all my trouble and all my father’s house.” He named the second child Ephraim, saying, “Certainly God has made me fruitful in the land of my suffering.”

The verses I just quoted here is a modern translation of the verses in question. What this cult (which is apparently a subgroup of the Herbert W. Armstrong Worldwide Church of God) is doing is very deceptive and the lecturer is a paid liar and knows he is lying, to trick people into this cult for obviously nefarious reasons, which is political in nature, concerning the Middle East state of Palestine and its theft by zionist criminals.
The speaker only said "Jesus" twice (and then only because he was reading a quote on the screen) in the 46 min. of the video I watched so far. He kept saying, over and over, "the Messiah", and when that didn't fit into the sentence, he said "Yeshua" and even threw in a "Yehusuah". The only time he said "God" was when he was describing "their god".
This is just so much trickery and exactly the type of thing I was trying to warn you about, doing stupid things for show to give people a false sense of their piety, using Syrian terms while denigrating Greeks, which also just happens to be the language the New Testament was written in.
He said in early Christian times, there was no church ("at least how we know it now") and no New Testament. This is either someone who is an atheist who cynically pretends to be religious while taking some sort of sick vengeance on Christianity, or is at least in his own mind a Jew and is happy to destroy any competition in the religious world to the authority of his own group that he identifies with, so I believe the seminar is aptly named, Identity Crises.
edit on 4-11-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
We are to preach the Word in season and out of season. Be ready to rebuke and exhort with all authority, because He is our authority. To clarify, the point of the video was to touch on subjects and themes that churches seem to avoid. The biggest one being that the church and Israel are the same. He never said there were not Jews. Jews are from the House of Judah which if you read 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, etc. you understand that they are the Southern Kingdom of Judah made up of Judah, Benjamin, and some Levites. The northern kingdom of Israel is totally separate and distinct from Jews. They were divorced by God for their harlotry thanks to King Solomon following after other gods due to his wives and in fulfillment of the prophecy of Ephraim and Manasseh.

Jews are not all twelve tribes of Israel. Jews are made up of two tribes and some of a third tribe. When you understand this fact alone, the Bible makes all the more sense. The Jews are not all twelve tribes. This is all straight from Scripture, with no biased opinions of any sort. It is not cult theology if everything is straight from Scripture. I have never agreed with Herbert W Armstrong or British Israelism. Just because we are not "under the Law" does that make us above the Law? If one is convicted of a crime and spared the death penalty, does that mean that He can again commit the crime over and over just because the death penalty was spared? Hardly.

If the Law is done, then why is it said:

Numbers 15:15 "One ordinance shall be both for you of the congregation, and also for the stranger that sojourneth with you, an ordinance FOREVER in your generations: as ye are, so shall the stranger be before the LORD."

Malachi 3:6 "For I am the LORD, I CHANGE NOT; therefore you sons of Jacob are not consumed."

Psalm 119:160 "Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever."

Psalm 19:7 "The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple."

Hosea 8:12 "I have written to him (Ephraim, the lost tribes, Gentiles in general) the great things of my law, but they were counted as a strange thing."

Psalm 1:1 "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."

Psalm 1:2 "But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night."

Concerning the Messiah, Jesus Christ (Yahushua Ha Maschiach) a Messianic Prophecy states:

Isaiah 42:21 "The LORD is well pleased for His righteousness' sake;HE WILL MAGNIFY THE LAW, and make it honorable. "

Surely men who have studied all their lives would understand this. Right?
In the teaching you are referring to He never said that complete Gentiles were impossible to save or that Gentiles are not saved. Not once.

Certainly these learned men you like to refer to would know the Law is until at least heaven and Earth pass away as stated many times in Scripture and by Christ Himself.

Matthew 5:18 "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

This is impossible to reconcile with modern theology since the last prophetic event is the New Heavens and New Earth, which certainly has not been fulfilled has it? The Law IS for today. It is written that in the End Times all things would be restored. You are seeing the very fulfillment before your eyes if you have eyes to see and ears to hear. This is happening globally my friend. I can assure you modern churches would never invite Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Elijah, Amos, Elisha into their assembly. These men would be utterly abhorred for speaking the truth. That is the way it works. That is what will happen yet again very very soon. The Great Tribulation is very near. You could even say it is right at the door. 2010, 2011, and 2012 have all been very heavy indicators that the birth pains are starting. We do not have much time left. Repent of lawlessness and come back to Him so that you may be healed. Otherwise, He will say to you:

Matthew 7:23 "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

The Greek word for iniquity here is :anomia which means lawlessness or violation of the law. Transgression of the Torah is transgression of the Law. Yahweh never changes. I hope that your eyes may be opened because the days are short until the Great Tribulation. The New Covenant is a new set of rules because salvation does not come from the "Old Covenant" alone. Salvation is by grace through faith. Guess what the new set of rules is? Not much new is it?

Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:"

Jeremiah 31:32 "Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:"

Jeremiah 31:33 "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people."

The only new thing here is that instead of only written Law it is now on our hearts by the gift of the Holy Spirit. On top of all the other covenants. Thus being a "New" Covenant.
edit on 6-11-2012 by yahushuasaves because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Remember, Proverbs 15:32 "He that refuseth instruction despises his own soul, but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding." Will you heed correction today? I say this not on my own authority, but by the Spirit. Anyone who earnestly seeks God will find Him. I only suggested that video because it sums up Two House theology nicely. I never said that learning from others is wrong. We are to teach others to be wise in the Word to make them ready to teach others. Once our faith is perfected, the Spirit teaches us and brings things to mind, so we may walk in His ways and not man's ways. However to learn from men who are going astray is not something that we are to do. Meaning almost all mainstream theology is in serious error. Thus they require correction or in some cases judgement. Those who have faith in Christ yet teach men to break the smallest commandment will be least in the kingdom. Those who do and teach them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. We should all learn from Him and teach others as well. Do not take my simple word for it. Apply this correction to Scripture and you will find that there's is no contradiction.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join