It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Say a phrase, and you are saved...

page: 14
8
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by truejew
you should check out Pastor Reckart's site at yahwehism.com.... He also is a Dr. If that is important to you.


And you, too, can be a "Dr.", if you send Pastor Reckart $1,300.00, so I'm not sure how impressed anyone should be that Pastor Reckart is a "Dr."


It takes more than sending money to pass the courses. A person also has to do the course work.

Plus, he does a lot of giving food and clothes to the poor and gives a lot in the building of churches for missionaries.
edit on 13-10-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)




posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by truejew
 


Yeah i looked up your Yahwehism stuff, totally bogus.


Then post your research proof of the tetragrammaton being from ancient Paleo-Hebrew and not Aramaic.


Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Can't even post on his forum because it doesn't exist
.


The forum was closed.


Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

LOL. Circle dances? For real? Never seen that in any church i have visited. Nor have i seen any circle jerking, shuck and jiving or the funky chicken. This stuff is a load of crap.


How many Yahwist churches have you visited? If you have even been to one I would be surprised. Why would you visit a church that calls the name "Jesus" the name of a "pig god"?

Did you even read his research or did you reject it before reading?



posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by truejew
you should check out Pastor Reckart's site at yahwehism.com.... He also is a Dr. If that is important to you.


And you, too, can be a "Dr.", if you send Pastor Reckart $1,300.00, so I'm not sure how impressed anyone should be that Pastor Reckart is a "Dr."


It takes more than sending money to pass the courses. A person also has to do the course work.

There's no "course work" [SNIP]. Read the page - you talk to Reckart on the phone, send him $1,300 and pay for his junket to come visit you, and you've a "Doctorate". That's called a "Diploma Mill", which is also known as a scam.


Are you ever tempted by an email or an ad claiming you can “earn a college degree based...on life experience”? Don’t be, say attorneys for the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), America’s consumer protection agency. Chances are good that the ad is for a “diploma mill,” a company that offers “degrees” or certificates for a flat fee, requires little course work, if any, and awards degrees based solely on life experience.

Most employers and educational institutions consider it lying if you claim academic credentials that you didn't earn through actual course work. Federal officials say it’s risky behavior: If you use a so-called “degree” from a diploma mill to apply for a job or promotion, you risk not getting hired, getting fired, and in some cases, prosecution.



Plus, he does a lot of giving food and clothes to the poor and gives a lot in the building of churches for missionaries.

So, in the "true church", the ends justify the means, eh? Judas "gave money to the poor", too, you know. Or at least he claimed to.
edit on 13-10-2012 by adjensen because: Added text from ftc.gov, which exactly condemns Reckart's practice


MOD EDIT: Please Review his Link - Civility And Decorum Are Expected Within All Topics
edit on 10/17/2012 by kosmicjack because: Snipped incivility



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew
 


Noturtypical : I continue to call Him Jesus because I speak English. If i were speaking Greek I would call Him "Yaysoos", if I were speaking Spanish I would call Him "Hey-soos", if I spoke Tamil I would say "Eeasu", if I spoke Turkish I would call him "Isa".


So there are more than one name by which we must be saved?


*facepalm*

You seem to think the 'name' is some kind of a magic spell... that needs to be pronounced exactly in a certain way, in order for it to work.




posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The last few pages of this thread... just wow.

Looks like Christians cant even agree on the correct name of God and Jesus. Its even worse than I thought.

I know this is a "domestic" matter.... but I'd like to point out that this is what happens when people start acting like internet archaeologists. They become all smug claiming they are "right" because they know the "correct" name for God.


My 2 cents.



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

There's no "course work", you simp.


Many well known Universities do the same.


Originally posted by adjensen

So, in the "true church", the ends justify the means, eh?


I meant that the money goes to good causes, it isn't to make him rich.

You can't prove the name yahweh to be true or the name of Jesus to be false. Therefore you are attacking the man who has done the research.

I am seeing your trinitarian hate start to come out. Your church fathers would be proud. You are known by your fruit.
edit on 14-10-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n
 


The Bible says that Christians will be hated because of the name of Jesus. Those who choose the name yahweh or other guess name over Jesus have shown proof in this thread.



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
reply to post by sk0rpi0n
 


The Bible says that Christians will be hated because of the name of Jesus. Those who choose the name yahweh or other guess name over Jesus have shown proof in this thread.


Can you show where the Bible says that? Secondly, if it said that then considering the NT was written in Greek, Christians would be hated for the Name Iesous. No one hates you here, that's absurd, disagreeing with something you said isn't "hatred", so lose the persecution complex. Lastly, the Bible says Christians will be hated because of Jesus, because of His testimony, and it says that hatred will come from "the world". Sorry, merely disagreeing with you and your pseudo scholar isn't "hate".



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

. . . considering the NT was written in Greek, Christians would be hated for the Name Iesous.

The Apostles were according to Acts arrested for saying Jesus at the temple in Jerusalem.
According to the Jewish elite, who were the ones who could read Hebrew, a Greek name being used for the Messiah would be offensive, though most Jews would be reading the Greek version of the old testament, where the name Jesus is used.
So they (Christians) would have suffered at the hands of the Jews for Jesus' name by not making the elite happy by at least having the decency (in their minds) of using the Hebrew version for Joshua rather than the Greek.

Sorry, merely disagreeing with you and your pseudo scholar isn't "hate".
There are people out there of the Sacred Name cult who do have hate and say people who say Jesus are going to hell for using a Greek word.
Well, that was his actual name and people who don't think so do not believe in the New Testament, and so are in danger themselves because that is where you find salvation, and not in repeating Hebrew words as if that can be a spell cast over God to bend Him to your will.
edit on 14-10-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by truejew
you should check out Pastor Reckart's site at yahwehism.com.... He also is a Dr. If that is important to you.


And you, too, can be a "Dr.", if you send Pastor Reckart $1,300.00, so I'm not sure how impressed anyone should be that Pastor Reckart is a "Dr."


LOL. I had to laugh at that. Ah man the gimicks people fall for. This guy reminds me of a televangelist i saw hawking 500 dollar blessed handkerchiefs on tv back in the summer. "For 500 dollars you too can have a blessed handkerchief from Benny Hinn!" (who is a drug addict caught by a local investigative reporter having coc aine parties behind his mansion).



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by sk0rpi0n
 


Secondly, if it said that then considering the NT was written in Greek, Christians would be hated for the Name Iesous.


Iesous is said as Jesous, which in English is Jesus, and Jeshas in Hebrew.


Originally posted by NOTurTypical

No one hates you here, that's absurd, disagreeing with something you said isn't "hatred", so lose the persecution complex.


Some of the posts in this thread have gone past just disagreement. When the discussion moves from the topics and comes to personal attacks it is hate.


Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Lastly, the Bible says Christians will be hated because of Jesus, because of His testimony, and it says that hatred will come from "the world".


You are part of the world.
edit on 14-10-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

. . . one Lord Jesus Christ who died for our sins . . .

I feel compelled to make a disclaimer for this irresponsible post.
It doesn't actually say that in the Bible. What I mean is that this way of taking a snippet from a verse and quoting it out of context and in an inferior translation, can be deceptive, especially if it was written with that intention, to promote the doctrines of Satan by a cult member of the Free Grace fanatics.
Paul is quoting Isaiah 53 to describe the role of God by making the parallel between Jesus and the Suffering Servant. In that story, the character is not dying to pay for sins or anything else, but to have the sins imputed upon him, so that when he is raised up to a higher position than he would have seemed worthy, considering those failures attributed to him, he raises the status of all his fellows whose failings he shares in.
The verse that the quote has been removed from goes on to describe God's role in resurrecting Jesus, for the sake of our righteousness. This has to do with us going on, once we are allowed to even be acknowledged (as existing and having value, thanks to Jesus being vindicated), to receive grace which is the gift of the spirit, to give us the ability to live righteously and to ultimately live with Jesus in heaven when this life is over.
edit on 14-10-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


Pastor Reckart is nothing like you have said. You are being a false witness.

"18But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:" (Matthew 15:18-19 KJV)
edit on 14-10-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

. . . one Lord Jesus Christ who died for our sins . . .

I feel compelled to make a disclaimer for this irresponsible post.
It doesn't actually say that in the Bible. What I mean is that this way of taking a snippet from a verse and quoting it out of context and in an inferior translation, can be deceptive, especially if it was written with that intention, to promote the doctrines of Satan by a cult member of the Free Grace fanatics.
Paul is quoting Isaiah 53 to describe the role of God in making the parallel between Jesus and the Suffering Servant. In that story, the character is not dying to pay for sins or anything else, but to have the sins imputed upon him, so that when he is raised up to a higher position than he would have seemed worthy, considering those failures attributed to him, he raises the status of all his fellows whose failings he shares in.
The verse that the quote has been removed from goes on to describe God's role in resurrecting Jesus, for the sake of our righteousness. This has to do with us going on, once we are allowed to even be acknowledged (as existing and having value, thanks to Jesus being vindicated), to receive grace which is the gift of the spirit, to give us the ability to live righteously and to ultimately live with Jesus in heaven when this life is over.
edit on 14-10-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19


Pandering semantics here. Having our sins placed on him is the same as him dying for our sins. You're trying to minimize the Passover fulfillment by making it appear less than what it is and you insult Christ by doing so.

This is what Isaiah 53 says so that none may be confused about the intent:

Isaiah 53

1
Who has believed our report?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
2 For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant,
And as a root out of dry ground.
He has no form or comeliness;
And when we see Him,
There is no beauty that we should desire Him.
3 He is despised and rejected by men,
A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.
And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.


4 Surely He has borne our griefs
And carried our sorrows;
Yet we esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten by God, and afflicted.
5 But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray;
We have turned, every one, to his own way;
And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.


7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He opened not His mouth;
He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,
And as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
So He opened not His mouth.
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment,
And who will declare His generation?
For He was cut off from the land of the living;
For the transgressions of My people He was stricken.
9 And they made His grave with the wicked—
But with the rich at His death,
Because He had done no violence,
Nor was any deceit in His mouth.


10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him;
He has put Him to grief.
When You make His soul an offering for sin,
He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days,
And the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.
11 He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied.
By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many,
For He shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great,
And He shall divide the spoil with the strong,
Because He poured out His soul unto death,
And He was numbered with the transgressors,
And He bore the sin of many,
And made intercession for the transgressors.



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 

Pandering semantics here.
Which would accurately describe what NOTurTypical was doing in his post, pandering to the Free Grace cult.
What I am doing is not pandering but pointing out the intentional deception being attempted by taking something completely out of context and with the worse translation possible.
The context is the conclusion an argument by Paul in Romans against The Law being the bases of getting the blessings of the promise. In it he is describing the faith Abraham had in God to do things that would normally be impossible. In his case it was him having children at an advanced age, for us it is that Jesus having died on account of our sins, he was raised back to life for our righteousness. A better translation of the verse is:

but also for our sake, who were about "to be reckoned" as those having faith in the one who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,
who was handed over for the sake of our transgressions
and was raised for the sake of our righteousness.


With the last part echoing the lines from Isaiah with the use of the phrase "handed over" and the word "transgressions". It doesn't say that what happened to Jesus was predicted by Isaiah, or that what happened to Jesus was somehow the fulfillment of a "prophecy". Paul would use the word "as" to describe the relationship between the actual history of Jesus and the Prophets. So there was a similarity between the stories but of a very limited nature, where there are types that can be employed to draw a picture but no one to one correspondence.

Having our sins placed on him is the same as him dying for our sins.
Now you are using semantics. It could possibly mean that but you intentionally make it minimal to allow for easy misinterpretation.

You're trying to minimize the Passover fulfillment by making it appear less than what it is and you insult Christ by doing so.
There is no such thing as a "Passover fulfillment". The Passover lamb was never a sin offering, and was a dinner, where the blood, on the original Passover night, was a sign to the angel of death to pass over that house where the blood from the lamb was spread on the door post or lintel.
edit on 14-10-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by sk0rpi0n
 


Secondly, if it said that then considering the NT was written in Greek, Christians would be hated for the Name Iesous.


Iesous is said as Jesous, which in English is Jesus, and Jeshas in Hebrew.


Originally posted by NOTurTypical

No one hates you here, that's absurd, disagreeing with something you said isn't "hatred", so lose the persecution complex.


Some of the posts in this thread have gone past just disagreement. When the discussion moves from the topics and comes to personal attacks it is hate.


Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Lastly, the Bible says Christians will be hated because of Jesus, because of His testimony, and it says that hatred will come from "the world".


You are part of the world.
edit on 14-10-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)


Well, technically we are all "part if the world", what was meant by that in the passage was non-believers.



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical


Well, technically we are all "part if the world", what was meant by that in the passage was non-believers.


That is what I meant.



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by adjensen

There's no "course work", you simp.


Many well known Universities do the same.


Doesn't make it right, does it?

And, I assume from your answer that you admit your previous statement:


It takes more than sending money to pass the courses. A person also has to do the course work.


is a complete lie.

You 'ol false witness, you!



You can't prove the name yahweh to be true or the name of Jesus to be false. Therefore you are attacking the man who has done the research.

I am seeing your trinitarian hate start to come out. Your church fathers would be proud. You are known by your fruit.

You want to know what I hate? I hate people who take advantage of other people's beliefs for their own gains, and that's what your buddy is doing here, regardless of how you justify it in your own mind.

Trinitarianism has no bearing -- your pal is running a scam that is unethical, or even illegal under some circumstances, and here you are defending it, while claiming some "high moral ground" based on whether or not the Hebrew language has the letter "J" in it.



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


Pastor Reckart is nothing like you have said. You are being a false witness.

"18But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:" (Matthew 15:18-19 KJV)
edit on 14-10-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)


I didn't say he did say that, i was talking about Benny Hinn, so you are being the false witness accusing me of it, not me .



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

is a complete lie.

You 'ol false witness, you!


I was not aware of that page when I said that.


Originally posted by adjensen

You want to know what I hate? I hate people who take advantage of other people's beliefs for their own gains, and that's what your buddy is doing here, regardless of how you justify it in your own mind.

Trinitarianism has no bearing -- your pal is running a scam that is unethical, or even illegal under some circumstances, and here you are defending it, while claiming some "high moral ground" based on whether or not the Hebrew language has the letter "J" in it.


Then those well known universities that do the same should receive the same treatment from you.


If you can not discuss the topics with out the personal attacks, I will have to start ignoring you.







 
8
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join