It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say a phrase, and you are saved...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by truejew

Of course His Name is Jesus.

How could that be though? It goes against what you have been saying.

1. You say there was no "J" sound in Hebrew.

2. You say Yah is God's name and not Jeh. There is no Yah in the name of Jesus, only Jeh.

But what about the people who said His Name before Latin was invented?

The name of Jesus is spoken as Jesus in Hebrew also. In Greek it was also spoken as Jesus.

You have not been paying attention. There is no "J" phonetic sound in either Hebrew or Greek. In Greek His Name is "Iesous" which is pronounced "Yay-soos". I already linked the Hebrew and Greek alphabet to you. You responded with a dude's blog. The man has no idea about either Greek or Hebrew. He even said on his blog that the letter iota in Greek has a J sound, but any Greek student will tell you the way to pronounce iota is "YO-TA".

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypicalIn Greek His Name is "Iesous" which is pronounced "Yay-soos".

That's a very very cute name!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Of course His Name is Jesus.

How could that be though? It goes against what you have been saying.

1. You say there was no "J" sound in Hebrew.

2. You say Yah is God's name and not Jeh. There is no Yah in the name of Jesus, only Jeh.

But what about the people who said His Name before Latin was invented?

The name of Jesus is spoken as Jesus in Hebrew also. In Greek it was also spoken as Jesus.

You have not been paying attention. There is no "J" phonetic sound in either Hebrew or Greek. In Greek His Name is "Iesous" which is pronounced "Yay-soos". I already linked the Hebrew and Greek alphabet to you. You responded with a dude's blog. The man has no idea about either Greek or Hebrew. He even said on his blog that the letter iota in Greek has a J sound, but any Greek student will tell you the way to pronounce iota is "YO-TA".

If what you are saying is true, why do you continue to call Him Jesus?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Again, you linked an arbitrary (unsupported) blog.
I would say what is "arbitrary" is your labeling of blogs, when you have a habit of linking to even less "supported" blogs when it supports your view.

Lol! In the link the man said the Greek letter iota (I) has a "J" sound. It's pronounced "yota".
The site owner did not say that iota was pronounced anything. Jesus in the New Testament is Ἰησοῦς. So it is not just iota but three characters (Ἰη) pronounced as a single phoneme.

The guy neither knows Greek or Hebrew.
I doubt that you know more.

Here:

, exactly like eta (see above). The name of the letter is pronounced “yota” in Modern Greek. (the reason for the y-sound in front of the letter’s name is due to phonetic transformation of [io] into [yo]).
It doesn't matter what modern Greek does or what the name of the character is.
edit on 13-10-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Maybe for the same reason he continues to say Jew and Jerusalem.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Because we're english and Jesus is how an englishman says his name. Ofcourse we know his aramaic name is Yeshua, so we can now also use that. Everyone knows Jesus, not everyone knows his name is actually Yeshua unless they've done research into it. People seeking after the jewish roots of christianity soon learn his real name.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I continue to call Him Jesus because I speak English. If i were speaking Greek I would call Him "Yaysoos", if I were speaking Spanish I would call Him "Hey-soos", if I spoke Tamil I would say "Eeasu", if I spoke Turkish I would call him "Isa".

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Yes his site does say the iota is a "J" sound. And I quote:

"i I --> j sound symbol ancient Greek 300 BC"

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Ofcourse we know his aramaic name is Yeshua . . .

We don't "know" Jesus had an Aramaic name.
Aramaic is not the same as Hebrew though it did share the characters of the alphabet for some time.
Aramaic is a more specific name for what was really the Syrian language, since we know today people in Syria speak Arabic.
Though Hebrew was read in the Palestine synagogues, they always employed translators who followed along to let the people know what was being spoken about.
Jesus lived in Galilee, called in the Bible, Galilee of the Gentiles, which was known for producing well known writers in the Greek Language.
The diaspora Jews were the users of the Greek old testament, the so-called Septuagint.
A large percentage of the world Jewish population were what is called Hellenized Jews, meaning they spoke Greek and had Greek names that were versions of names of characters in the Hebrew Bible. Rather than the Hebrew, they would use what they see in their Bible, the Septuagint, where for Joshua, it has the same name as what shows up in the Greek New Testament for Jesus.
edit on 13-10-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

That is your representation as an interpretation of the chart.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

That is your representation as an interpretation of the chart.

That's a direct quote from the chart. The blogger used that chart which is clearly in error, the iota doesn't have a "J" phonetic sound. The letter is pronounced "YO-ta". Iesous in Greek is pronounced "YAY-soos".

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

That's a direct quote from the chart.
It isn't.

The blogger used that chart which is clearly in error, the iota doesn't have a "J" phonetic sound.
It could, when combined with a symbol for a stop before it and with the letter eta following it.

The letter is pronounced "YO-ta". Iesous in Greek is pronounced "YAY-soos".
You are getting this off a web page for modern Greek, which is different than ancient Greek and Koine, or Hellenistic Greek.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by truejew

Because we're english and Jesus is how an englishman says his name. Ofcourse we know his aramaic name is Yeshua, so we can now also use that. Everyone knows Jesus, not everyone knows his name is actually Yeshua unless they've done research into it. People seeking after the jewish roots of christianity soon learn his real name.

The problem is, your not seeking after the true Jewish roots of Christianity. Your seeking after the Babylonian Jewish roots.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

I continue to call Him Jesus because I speak English. If i were speaking Greek I would call Him "Yaysoos", if I were speaking Spanish I would call Him "Hey-soos", if I spoke Tamil I would say "Eeasu", if I spoke Turkish I would call him "Isa".

So there are more than one name by which we must be saved?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

The problem is, your not seeking after the true Jewish roots of Christianity. Your seeking after the Babylonian Jewish roots.

Says who? You? You should go talk to Dr. Michael Brown, here's his facebook page once more just incase you failed to see it the first time:

Ask Dr. Brown.

Forgive me if i am unwilling to take your word for it, i don't know what your credentials are, so i'll stick to someone who has studied the language for years.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Says who? You?

The tetragrammaton is not Hebrew in origin, it is Aramaic. The Jews brought it out of Babylon with them.

You should go talk to Dr. Michael Brown, here's his facebook page once more just incase you failed to see it the first time:

Ask Dr. Brown.

Forgive me if i am unwilling to take your word for it, i don't know what your credentials are, so i'll stick to someone who has studied the language for years.

Dr. Brown is in error. If you want the truth from a man who has done his own research, you should check out Pastor Reckart's site at yahwehism.com.... He also is a Dr. If that is important to you.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

"Koine" means "common" in Greek.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

So there are more than one name by which we must be saved?

No, one Lord Jesus Christ who died for our sins, but many different languages that pronounce His Name differently. Not all languages share the same phonetics.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Yeah i looked up your Yahwehism stuff, totally bogus. Can't even post on his forum because it doesn't exist

From your source:

You can now hallelujah dance with the devil in many Yahweh worship groups. This is nothing but ancient Baal worship revived through trinitarian Messianic synagouges. Just because reprobate Jews do the dance does not make it holy and of God. These pagan circle dances are no where found in the Bible. They certainly are not found in the New Testament. Jesus and his Apostles did not do circle dances. The early Church did not do circle dances. I warn all of you, do not partake in these demonic circle hallelujah dances I do not care who puts them on or what meeting or church they are done at. I tell all of you again, get out of those Yahweh groups and repent of the lies they have fed you.

LOL. Circle dances? For real? Never seen that in any church i have visited. Nor have i seen any circle jerking, shuck and jiving or the funky chicken. This stuff is a load of crap.

The funny thing is, last year i prayed and asked Yahweh to show me who he is and i was shown Jesus, now why would a pagan god show me Jesus as himself and why would i be seeing pre-Jesus all over the old testament? This website is a lark.

"Originally, these four consonants [in YHWH] represented the four members of the Heavenly Family: Y represented El the Father; H was Asherah the Mother; W corresponded to He the Son; and H was the Daughter Anath. In accordance with the royal traditions of the time and region, God's mysterious bride, the Matronit, was also reckoned to be his sister. In the Jewish cult of the Cabbala God's dual male-female image was perpetuated. Meanwhile other sects perceived the Shekinah or Matronit as the female presence of God on Earth. The divine marital chamber was the sanctuary of the Jerusalem Temple, but from the moment the Temple was destroyed, the Matronit was destined to roam the Earth while the male aspect of Jehovah was left to rule the heavens alone." - Laurence Gardner, Bloodline of the Holy Grail, p. 18

Oh good grief. This poor fellow doesn't know who God's Glory is. Apostates were using the temple and defiling it with Ba'al and Ashtoreth worship sure, thats what all the exiles were about and easily explained by Jeremiah 7 alone if need be but Ezekiel mentions it as well and so does Amos, cleansing the temple was part of Christ's duties before he was crucified and the entire purpose for the destruction of the temple was to make us walk by faith and not by sight. The bride was roaming the earth before the temple was destroyed, in 20 years christianity had already spread to Rome, Alexandria and Antioch and everywhere in between. This fellow is off on his research, by alot. Good luck believing in all these fairy tales and false gods, but i know who my God is, he was the one that was nailed to a roman cross.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

you should check out Pastor Reckart's site at yahwehism.com.... He also is a Dr. If that is important to you.

And you, too, can be a "Dr.", if you send Pastor Reckart $1,300.00, so I'm not sure how impressed anyone should be that Pastor Reckart is a "Dr."

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join