It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where were you when the world stopped turning...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
With the anniversary upon us, our minds go back to that day. Regardless of who or what may have been responsible or what you feel too place, it was an event that changed the world as we knew it. On this particular thread, let us please not get into the how and why and who, but merely into the affect it had on us.

I had just started a new job, it was my very first day of work. We were completely blindsided and devastated. I had a group of teenagers that I didn't know, they didn't know me, but the worst catastrophe to happen on American soil in their short lifetimes or my not as short lifetime had just taken place. Some had family in New York, some that worked in or near the trade center.
Nobody knew what to say or what to do and there was no "making it better". The only thing I could imagine that would have compared to it would have been the attack on Pearl Harbor. I wasn't alive for that, but it's the only thing I've been able to imagine as being anywhere close to what we experienced on that day. Even the Challenger wasn't the same. It was devastating, but an accident, not an intentional act. So much sadness, so much fear, so much heartbreak.

In the days that followed, there was sadness, fear, distress...
It has changed our world. It has been a defining moment in our lives.

Please, nothing controversial or attackful, just the question.... Where were you when the world stopped turning on that September day...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Sat in the canteen, having a coffee 5 months into my basic training.
Had a American lieutenant attached to us at the time who heard about the first aircraft on the radio, he and 2 others burst in and put the news on the telly.
6 weeks later I graduated,
Every year since I've been deployed to a predominatly Muslim nation at some point
11 years later, I'm still going

It didn't stop turning............for me and others like me it was a .....that's an A....... beginning
Where it went faster !
edit on 9-9-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

EDIT TO MODS IN LIGHT OF THREAD CLOSURE

Good point ........well presented

It's like this years armistice day ..........like why bother !! Didn't we go through this last year ?! ......and the year before ?........and the year before that ?........and the year before that ?...........and the year before that ? ........and the year.............

LEST WE FORGET
edit on 9-9-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
headed downriver on the mekong ... heard mention of it on an old a.m radio the owner of the boat was listening to... thought even then there was a stench of u.s government handiwork to it ..
continued my trip downriver and went about business as usual.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Eating breakfast before school, my mom tells me to come watch TV.
The first tower was on fire and just like that the second one gets hit. Live, right there in front of my face.
I knew what I was seeing but I didn't know why it was on TV for me to watch. I was 12, Grade 6.
Watched the first tower collapse then went to school late. I thought it looked like a demolition even then.
My Australian foreign-exchange teacher was visibly shaken as he knew what was up.

None of us 12 year olds were too knowledgeable about terrorism but we knew what war was.
And that it was going down.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I was at work when I was told a plane hit one of the trade centers. By the time we turned on the TV the second plane careened into the next tower on live television. I was so confused.

It's the people falling and jumping from the buildings that will permanently be burned into my memory as well as the realization of all the lives just lost as the buildings crumbled.

God bless them.

edit on 9-9-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
High school senior, getting ready for school. The buildings were on fire, none of the jumping off building stuff. Anyway, the teachers seemed bummed. The students I don't think we understood the significance of it-- in part we hadn't heard or seen people jumping off the buildings.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I happened to be in a high rise old building doing some work on the elevators.
I came down for a break,and the security guard told me some plane had hit a building in NYC.
I walked a block down the street where there was this big TV you could watch.
I watched it all unfold.
I made many phone calls,ensuring everyone I knew was safe.
I waited to hear if my fellow elevator brothers were safe,as they would have been there to rescue people from elevators.

I remember the skies falling silent because all air traffic had stopped.

Then,my son was born 10 days later and all my attention focused on him.
My thoughts were what kind of world have I brought this child into and what I could do to protect him.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I was at work,.. doing my job unlike the rest of the people I worked with. While people where glued to the tv being traumatized I had # to do and didn't pay any attention because seriously, everybody knew before 9/11 that it was impossible for a plane to take down those buildings and somehow forgot in a flash of kerosene.

I got home and saw everyone on the news reading their damn scripts and everybody eating up the most #ed up reality show ever like the bunch of retards they are. I was only 20yrs old and knew we where being played and the police state was rolling in.

11 years later there are still people to stupid to realize that the official story is a lie, no matter what. Coffee swilling sacks of # actually think that they are under direct threat of a terrorist attack, while not knowing that since they payed cash for the coffee and didn't want people looking at their screen that they have been reported as a terrorist.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
another where were you thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm sure, in those threads, are links to more threads.

And the biggie.

Please continue your discussion in one of these threads.

edit on 9-9-2012 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

top topics

join