It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina's strange, strange pond.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

edit on 2/14/13 by Dracan6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I live in Charlotte. I know most of the posts in this thread are older, but I just now saw it. Very interesting. I would be down for exploration myself. If anyone is interested message me.

Matt

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
hey guys, I'm kid free this coming weekend, (first weekend of may, 2013), all those in the area wanna go up and look for it ourselves?
I'm 100% game!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
hey guys, I'm kid free this coming weekend, (first weekend of may, 2013), all those in the area wanna go up and look for it ourselves? I'm 100% game!!!!
Very cool...take pictures! I'll be out doing surveys of local archaeological sites...ah, Spring.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Came across this thread. I live on the Southside of Winston-Salem, so this is extremely interesting to me. Please report back what you find. I'd definitely like to research this deeper. After all, Winston-Salem has a deep history that's pretty well-documented more than 300 years.

I'm also excited to see so many local ATSers. I'm usually very quiet about my conspiracy interests, so it's nice to know I'm not alone.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Good luck in finding this place if any of you get out looking this weekend!

On another note, i've been trying to find and listen to the interview Bob Welch had with Whitley Streiber and am having zero luck in finding a link!!!!! If anyone can help me find a link i would be most grateful.

Thanks,

Al

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
supposed to be a crappy weekend cloudy/rainy, so im going to postpone this for that reason and to do some more research into pinpointing the exact location

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I'm near the Virginia border...if you guys decide to go count me in!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Youre in Smylee!!!
Gotta see if I can dig up my ghost hunting gear, see if we pick up anomalies out there

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
sounds like you folks are referring to the devil's tramping ground in Chatham County, NC pbs.twimg.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is an interesting thread. Have you guys ever followed through with the exploration?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

coleyounger, i am researching this song for a possible podcast for the winston-salem (NC) journal. i'd love to find one of the fellas who encountered this strange pond.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I found an interview with Bob Welch and William Henry...

edit on 16-11-2016 by orbhunterx because: bad link

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: orbhunterx
I found an interview with Bob Welch and William Henry...

Just tagging this for a later listen. I was thinking of this story when 'The 200 Year-Old Mystery of the Grave of the Female Stranger" www.abovetopsecret.com... came up recently.
There's so much hooey out there that it's a nice break when a for-real(ish) yarn is brought forward. That's the real strength of ATS, IMHO.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This song was released in 1973.
For those of us that are familiar with the concept of complimentary art this might not be much of a mystery.
Music and the arts have complimentary forms and expressions that abstractly mimic harder sciences.
For example using the laws of complementary angles in geometry it is possible to determine an unknown angle given only partial information.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
This song was released in 1973.
For those of us that are familiar with the concept of complimentary art this might not be much of a mystery.
Music and the arts have complimentary forms and expressions that abstractly mimic harder sciences.
For example using the laws of complementary angles in geometry it is possible to determine an unknown angle given only partial information.

It's also probably the best tune Fleetwood Mac ever did! I could talk about numerical factors tying sacred geometry and music together...but I'd rather laud the tune.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: orbhunterx

Thanks for that orbhunter! I've been waiting 3 yrs for that William Henry link, ha! To be fair I forgot even posting on this thread until it came up on my ATS, I will listen to it later!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
reply to post by ColeYounger

North Carolina's mystery pond could actually have become be a real pond,
a depression that came to life as an aquatic body.

There are other ponds and lakes out there formed mysteriousy,
comes to mind....Mountain Lake
in which this lake diminishes, then returns.

I offer the possibility that the (presumably) ancient depression/pond was once one of the mysterious Carolina Bays which dot the Eastern Low Country of both North & South Carolina

now, the area of Winston-Salem is just a little too far west of the Eastern Low Country... but in geological time that local depression might well have been on the frontier edge of the Carolina Bay region and the ground was thrust upward over time
(eons)

look up those Carolina Bays they harbor the rare plant life like the 'VENUS Flytrap', found Only in the circles called Carolina-Bays....
speculation is that the Bays are created by winds/tides in the coastal flood zones of ancient times... other explanations are that the Carolina Bays are the result of meteorite impacts in the distant past & the meat-eating plants are from spores carried by the off-world rocks that impacted the Carolinas millions of years ago or at least pre ice-age

interesting to have the Winston-Salem anomaly investigated along with known Carolina-Bays that are getting destroyed by 'progress' & development

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have never actually heard the Fleetwood Mac song or heard of the unusual accounts in the Winston Salem area but I am quite strangely drawn to this story. For several years I have been bothered by dreams and nagging thoughts concerning a missing pond deep in the woods nearby. I have spent countless hours scouring google earth and physically exploring nearby forests for the illusive pond. Interestingly enough I may well actually live near one of those so called Carolina bays. On nearby camp lejeune while I was In the marine corps I did encounter Venus fly traps during training and some isolated ponds in the same areas. I still doubt that the experience could have left such an impression on me that I would waste days at a time trying to locate a concealed water filled hole in the middle of the woods. Maybe I'm just crazy.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join