It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death threats surround 9/11 memorial event

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
You guys want to cry about this guy stealing a few thousand dollars?

Remember after 9/11 they had that telethon on all the TV networks? raised like billions of dollars.. Well when the war in Afghanistan happened They said to people who were affected by the events of 911 that they arent allowed to have the money anymore because it was a wartime fund now.. If i recall right it was something around 2 billion dollars..

So maybe this guy isnt the only ones you should go after.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
If i recall right it was something around 2 billion dollars.

No such thing happened. I have no idea where you obtained such incorrect information.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
If i recall right it was something around 2 billion dollars.

No such thing happened. I have no idea where you obtained such incorrect information.

Probably the same place where this school got thier info... Possibly the news..

www.law.umaryland.edu...
The American Red Cross was particularly
questioned because of concern that part of the $1 billion raised would be held in
reserve rather then spent on the 9/11 victims as was expected by the people who
donated the money.

But I actually haven't heard anything since until I searched to make my point.. It does state that the red cross is eventually giving the money to where it is supposed to go....

and here

www.foxnews.com...

The announcement comes after non-profit watchdog groups cranked up pressure on the Red Cross to explain exactly how it was using the donations that poured in after Sept. 11.

"We've begun to receive inquiries from the public raising questions about the distributions of 9/11 funds," said Bennett Weiner, a spokesman for the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance. "I think the public certainly expects the 9/11 relief organizations to follow through" by helping attack victims.

The watchdogs raised red flags Monday when the Red Cross said a portion of the half a billion dollars in 9/11 contributions would go toward other, broader services such as a blood reserve program, a national outreach effort and a telecommunications upgrade.

edit on 10/5/2012 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1
He uses the money to buy equipment for foreign countries... The First Responders who are sick because of the ground zero dust need the help. Take care of our own damn it !

This will no doubt blow Maxella's mind, but I completely agree with him here. Immediately after the 9/11 attack there were fund raisers all over the place (including one massive telethon with big name stars) and I myself donated $50 to the Red Cross. Later it comes out that only part of the money was going to the victims and their families- a portion of it was going to support the Red Cross' own overhead, including buying a new phone system for their headquarters. It made quite a lot of people (including myself) livid. I recall hearing about one charity a few years back in Switzerland (unrelated to 9/11) that only delivered 20 cents out of every dollar collected to the recipients. The rest went to their own overhead.

Let's face it, things like this have been coing on in charaties all the time. It's just that we either don't know about it or we don't want to acknowledge it.

edit on 5-10-2012 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

This will no doubt blow Maxella's mind, but I completely agree with him here.

Again you forgot that we agreed on a couple of things in the past.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join