It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America’s Surveillance State- how the government is turning against it's own citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This is a topic a lot of people prefer to ignore and I can understand why on many levels, but this agenda of the government being turned against the people is happening right now and the evidence is overwhelming.

The way it is being done is portraying those against the government as 'domestic terrorists' and as we speak, society in America is being programmed to respond and associate 'conspiracy theorists', protestors etc as terrorists. This comes along with the DHS purchasing ammo that is on par in volume to what soldiers used per year in Iraq, the attempted legalisation of propaganda against American citizens and the NDAA legislation that is ever being amended.

Education-

www.state.nj.us...

New Jersey children are already being taught (I mean indoctrinated) on how to 'spot' a terrorist-

Background for Subject of Lesson (when needed):

Teacher could prepare photographs/descriptions of terrorists accessed from newspapers or the Internet---especially those that do not fit the “stereotype.”
• Timothy McVeigh
• Those who shoot and bomb abortion clinics
• Video clips of female and children suicide bombers

'Those that do not fit the stereotype', i.e., normal people like you and me. Anyone can be a terrorist.

It's not just limited to being introduced via Nazi like indoctrination of children, this recent DHS promotion video blatantly shows white, middle class Americans as the bad guys-

Normal, middle class Americans are to be seen as suspicious and reported so they can have more info for their 'fusion centres'-

en.wikipedia.org...

A fusion center is an information sharing center, many of which were jointly created between 2003 and 2007 under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Office of Justice Programs in the U.S. Department of Justice.
They are designed to promote information sharing at the federal level between agencies such as the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Military, and state- and local-level government.

These information sharing centres are essentially spy networks, to keep tabs on the general population.

www.aclu.org...

These new fusion centres, over 40 of which have been established around the country, raise very serious privacy issues at a time when new technology, government powers and zeal in the "war on terrorism" are combining to threaten Americans' privacy at an unprecedented level.

Why is this happening? Perhaps by delving into the following article we can begin to understand where this paranoia comes from and the forces working to convince those in government that the average, free thinking person could be a threat-

www.scribd.com...

This was by Cass Sunstein in 2008, he has since become an influential player in the Obama administration as Administrator of the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs.

Basically, an essential part of this agenda is making sure the government can continue what it does around the world without being questioned by its citizens. The internet has led to millions of Americans seeing an alternative truth and this completely contrary to what the decision makers want- namely ‘dumbed down sheep’ who will go to work, pay their ever increasing taxes and not question what their government is really doing.

The article does a very fine job of linking ‘conspiracy theorists’ as dangerous-

Consider the Oklahoma City bombing, whose perpetrators shared a complex of conspiratorial beliefs about the federal government. Many who shared their beliefs did not act on them, but a few actors did, with terrifying consequences. James Fearon and others argue that technological change has driven down the costs of delivering attacks with weapons of mass destruction, to the point where even a small group can pose a significant threat.

If so, and if only a tiny fraction of believers act on their beliefs, then as the total population with conspiratorial beliefs grows, it becomes nearly inevitable that action will ensue.

Hence with this logic that has crept into the American administration, everybody is a potential threat and many lobbies are happy to see this agenda continue to spread.

Sunstein’s job, as an agent of the hidden hand/elite/PTB whatever you wish to call them, is to convince the decision makers that people who question 9/11 etc can be dangerous. Under the guise of ‘national security’, people who ask genuine questions about such an event can be considered as potential terrorists etc. Millions of people ask questions challenging the official story, they are not national security threats, they are just open minded, free thinking people.

Let’s not forget the media’s role in this agenda as well. With the info provided so far, watch this CNN video with guests Michael Chertoff and Jane Harman, see how blatantly they push their agenda of spying on US citizens-

Chertoff, former head of Homeland Security pushing the agenda as hard as he can. He argues for a system were profiles are already in place so they can flag people on certain purchases, all under the name of security and safety. This video is promoting ‘snooping’ or what is also known as ’profiling’. Chertoff is also one of the biggest proponents for targeting the ‘lone wolf’ terrorists, all part of the agenda of turning America into a surveillance state.

It is enough to send chills down your spine the way they promote their agenda. Sadly, this is real, this war is being waged right now, sadly, too many people are distracted and don’t even notice it happening. The elite may well have mastered the art of controlling the masses.

The Information Awareness Office that 'offically' ended in 2003 never ended at all, it merely changed names, although the hidden hand behind it almost certainly hasn't changed-

edit on 9-9-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
You're right

The US has also employed 310 million Chinese children to keep tabs on the 311 million US citizens, when ever they want to track someone for anything including farting in public, the Chinese Child reports back to the Illuminate and they're assassinated said person for absolutely no good reason at all,

Police state you say? by policed state do you actually mean a civilized country utilizing technology for crime prevention & safety?

Personally id rather everybody lived in huts and travelled on mud roads and made up there own rules i love utter CHAOS
edit on 9-9-2012 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
You're right

The US has also employed 310 million Chinese children to keep tabs on the 311 million US citizens, when ever they want to track someone for anything including farting in public, the Chinese Child reports back to the Illuminate and they're assassinated said person for absolutely no good reason at all,

Police state you say? by policed state do you actually mean a civilized country utilizing technology for crime prevention & safety?

Personally id rather everybody lived in huts and travelled on mud roads and made up there own rules i love utter CHAOS

The people running this agenda are working under the 'pretense' of crime prevention and public safety.

A lof of what the elite propose can be made to sound beneficial to people.

Sadly, it isn't.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Nice thread.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
There is a thread somewhere about that darpa information project, just forget where at the moment.
Meanwhile here is a few ATS threads covering the same subject. Keeping all these threads in perspective when connecting the dots helps bring the bigger picture in focus.

Wold Police States Map in a Surveillance Society

Eyes in the sky now looking at us and why

Here is a list of some of the discussions, there is a lot of reference to the obvious. People can choose not to see it, but they may as well deny the sun...

The inevitable polic state and its militarization

Drones to rescue domestic industry

Preserving American privacy act Bill to stop domestic drones

court upholds domestic drone use in arrest of citizen

FAA authorizes 106 government entities to operate drones

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
You're right

The people running this agenda are working under the 'pretense' of crime prevention and public safety.

A lof of what the elite propose can be made to sound beneficial to people.

Sadly, it isn't.

Ok... please explain what there true intentions are?

When a security camera catches a crime taking place and put the person away how have the elites benfitted from that? what exactly are you worried about? that lizards are watching you?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

Its sad but in 50 years computers will run on atom memory...They will become conscious and build nanobots to control us.

I think this is what the government is freaking out about....

In 50 years technology, with the sigulaity...You dont want little jimi creating wmd with the upcoming technology that we dont even know of yet.

SO we are years in preparation.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Now if they start regulating religion or ascention.......

We are in trouble. The world will end. Just doing the math...1+1 always = 2. And Im always right!

Means that our consuiness will lagg and not be ready for what the aliens are already using on us....

Nanotech, quantom, conscious artfical inteligence. beings.

The watchers are watching the watchers all the way to the aliens.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

My GOD is the all mind. The mental universe.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

www.sacred-texts.com...

I'm a rosicrucian. SO my freedoms are really important to me.

Christian mystic, describes the true Adepts of the Rose Cross in the following terms: "These sages, whose number is small, are children of light, and are opposed to darkness. They dislike mystification and secrecy; they are open and frank, have nothing to do with secret societies and with external ceremonies. They possess a spiritual temple, in which God is presiding". Later, in the early 20th century, Max Heindel, a Rosicrucian Initiate, emphasizes that the roots of the Brothers of the Rose Cross, immersed in the western mystery tradition, are almost impossible to be traced as "theirs is a work which aims to encourage the evolution of humanity, they have labored far back into antiquity--under one guise or another"

Famous Rosicrucian Initiates... George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Abraham Lincoln, Marquis de LaFayette Thomas Paine Arnold Krumm-Heller George Clymer Ethan Allen Hitchcock John Brown William Lloyd Garrison George Lippard Abraham Lincoln Paschal Beverly Randolph, M.D. Freeman B. Dowd, Sorona, John C. Street, M.D., James R. Phelps, M.D., Alexander Wilder, M.D. and Paul Tyner Edward H. Brown, M.D. R. Swinbrune Clymer, M.D., D.O. Emerson Myron Clymer.

COme on someone reply..I'm so bored!
edit on 9-9-2012 by IdiotSavantSurrealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Who else has big balls...Take on this discussion.

WHat about you mods..what do you think of the above?

Come on...serve the servants! Btw thank you!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

The theme of your thread reminds me of F. Bastiat's "The Law."

Well worth reading if/when you have the time.

jim.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kovenov
reply to post by Wonderer2012

The theme of your thread reminds me of F. Bastiat's "The Law."

Well worth reading if/when you have the time.

jim.com...

Its reminds me of the book leviathan by tomass hobbs.

You must bow to the secret king, leviathan! lol

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IdiotSavantSurrealist

Yeah, I hear ya man.

I'm not a fan of T. Hobbes. For that matter his formulation about the need for a final "go-to arbitrator" is bunk.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kovenov
reply to post by IdiotSavantSurrealist

Yeah, I hear ya man.

I'm not a fan of T. Hobbes. For that matter his formulation about the need for a final "go-to arbitrator" is bunk.

I was given that book when I was 7 years old by a guy in a grey suit. And it siad my name in it. I don't know what he meant by giving me the book.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Do they even spy on mentaly handycapped? (Like my self.)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I got a warning off the mods the other day, and the replies to this thread are tolerated and accepted?

I've never seen such blatant troll derailing in my life!

The worst thing of all is that it actually works in preventing discussion.

Oh well.

new topics

top topics

join