It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter Might Be Here Early

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Neither I or the captain are predicting anything, this is speculation after looking at the very unusual wind.
Notice i purposely included the word "might" in my title.
edit on 9-9-2012 by Pressthebutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
The point it, if I want to know what the weather is, I pop my head out the front door and check. I dont worry about tomorrows weather because tomorrow isnt here yet. All we have is today and we should enjoy it

Ever heard of the story of the grasshopper and the ant?

The grasshopper didn't anticipate or save up for winter, and so died.
The ant looked ahead and saved up extra, and lived.

Are you really trying to say that the grasshopper strategy is superior to the ant strategy?
I don't know about you, but I like having food during the winter....

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The northern wind doesn't represent squat in my opinion. The average wind direction for Atlanta, GA for the entire near is northwest. You couldn't have an average NW wind direction for the year if the wind only moved north toward the winter months.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
reply to post by freedomSlave

You're missing my point. And nobody can predict the weather. They just speculate. The point it, if I want to know what the weather is, I pop my head out the front door and check. I dont worry about tomorrows weather because tomorrow isnt here yet. All we have is today and we should enjoy it

If we want to know what the weather is at this moment in time then yes you are right we can just look out our door and see. But what am I to do to help plan out my son's school clothes for the week look out my door and say well it is sunny today so it will be sunny all week. There are time that we have to try to predict the weather or else we are going to be up a river with out a paddle.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It's hot here.
Either way climate change is based on the sun, act, not mankind's pollution

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Well, I live where the winters are mild and we have plenty of stores around to get our food. So that story has no weight for me.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
i'll say this

i live in atlanta, ga. ive been saying for a couple weeks that fall is already well under way. trees have been losing their leaves for weeks now. my front yard is littered with brown leaves and most of the trees bald.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

I noticed that as well. Im just inexperienced with destin florida where i was at, it would be nice for someone who lives there to give an input as well.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I live down around Tampa, but dude, coming from someone with shrimper inlaws, that guy wasn't very keen on the weather. If he was, he'd have noted that the front that pushed through & absorbed Isaac's zombified remains = wind direction change. This signified nothing particular, we get fronts this time of year. Not as often as in winter, and sometimes not this early, but we get them. They don't always signify seasonal upheaval. Heck, I remember fronts coming through as early as mid August before, and not much came of it for the winter season.
Settle down already.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Thank you for the info man. And there is nothing to settle down about, just found he said to be interesting and stated it.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Winter is slow arriving here in the UK, its been really hot the past few days, high 20's. Usually its

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I will chime in from Vancouver.
It is essentially season change here transitioning into fall. The leaves are just beginning that phase.
Does that mean winter will start earlier? Not necessarily. There is an El nino this year. Warmer ocean waters.
It just means things are proceeding as they should in all honesty.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
Here in Maryland, we have been having off pattern weather as in unpredictable winters, summers and falls. Last winter was very mild for Maryland. even though the winter before it was pretty intense.

The past few summers have been very hot but only a small bit hotter than usual. Some summers are very wet but some we will have drought conditions. Some summers we even get golf ball sized hail storms.

With the way things have been going here, its hard to forecast what the next season might be like. Are we going to get 6 feet of snow in 2 weeks this winter, or are we going to get 4 feet the whole winter?

It's not an easy task to predict our weather here, so to say anything strange is happening is not easy ether.

We will just have to wait and see.

We're in SOMD and some summer days, i don't even go out. Too hot. Maybe it's cause I'm getting older but I don't remember it being that hot. We've been here for 11 years and I still miss the milder, west coast temps. Snows fun out here as they shut the government down at like 3 inches! We had to have like two feet to stop school in Wisconsin!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

My gut agrees with your seaman.

Hm...that sounded wrong.

I think I have officially proved that almost no one reads a word I write here.
Maybe I just amuse myself way more than others.

In all seriousness, I really do get the sense here, sometimes, that 99% of you are waiting to talk, as loudly as possible, as opposed to listening to what others have to say.

Sad.

Sorry for the off-topic. I've wanted to say that for a while.

Later.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Our seasons here in southern Ohio have been off for the last couple years. It's really hard to tell when our weather is strange since "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 mins" has always been a saying that holds a lot of truth. I've seen upper 70s one day followed by 15 degrees and a blizzard 24 hours later. For me, that's just normal. This last year it was warm. Warm enough to almost turn on the AC in Feb. which is usually when its the coldest. Very little snow. Then the summer made all of us wonder if we'd went to hell and not realized it. Now its barely 60 degrees at the beginning of Sept. We saw something like this last year and had our biggest snow in October. Normally we don't need a jacket for Halloween. I saw leaves start changing in early august, and even the insects started early. Plus the insanity that was the spring pollen count. Animals that have a high mortality rate tend to be prolific breeders. The spring pollen count made me wonder if something was going to happen later in the year to restrict the number of plants able to grow. The drought was a start to that, and a hard early winter would not shock me one bit. The geese have been getting the heck out of dodge for weeks now. Everyone I have talked to down at the feed store (always ask old farmers if you want an idea of how the weather will be) has said this winter is gonna be a nasty one. These are the same guys that encouraged me to buy an extra bale of hay for my bunny early in the season and just seal it up. Since then the price of hay doubled. I normally try to be ready for anything and like the ant someone mentioned, I'm fine and will get through the winter ok. Even if your not sure what to believe about the winter, its always better to be the happy ant then the hungry grasshopper.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Here is to having another winter with hardly any snow.

(and we are supposed to have higher then normal temps well until October and November)
edit on 9-9-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

I think it is you & similar unwilling to listen. I've lived here my entire life, I am a native. I've seen downright chilly cold fronts in September, and laughable cold fronts in August that had little, if anything, to do with winter conditions months down the road. This is not strictly a harbinger of winter ills. It's a weak-arse cold front not even nudging the temperature down (humidity, yes, temp, no) Considering the winds changed after the passage of said front--something very normal for any time of the year, cold or warm (aka back door) front--this is a weak basis for a season change argument.

For whatever it's worth, the greater Tampa Bay area & surrounding cities are still looking at about 90*F for the next week. Early winter? What winter? It's not cooling off down here yet, folks, even if the deciduous trees are still confused from Spring.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm not neccisarily stating that anything dramatic will come of this. When I heard about the unusual wind I immediately thought of ATS. Also that is why I included the word "might" in the title. Am I saying inter will be here tomorrow?No. Am I saying that winter could possibly come earlier than last year, possibly! But I am not jumping to any conclusions. I appreciate all of you for contributing

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
reply to post by iwilliam

I think it is you & similar unwilling to listen. I've lived here my entire life, I am a native. I've seen downright chilly cold fronts in September, and laughable cold fronts in August that had little, if anything, to do with winter conditions months down the road. This is not strictly a harbinger of winter ills. It's a weak-arse cold front not even nudging the temperature down (humidity, yes, temp, no) Considering the winds changed after the passage of said front--something very normal for any time of the year, cold or warm (aka back door) front--this is a weak basis for a season change argument.

For whatever it's worth, the greater Tampa Bay area & surrounding cities are still looking at about 90*F for the next week. Early winter? What winter? It's not cooling off down here yet, folks, even if the deciduous trees are still confused from Spring.

I think you halfway proved my point by misunderstanding my words. But thank you for at least showing you read them.

When I said what I did about winter, I meant in MY area, and based on my observations of that area. You seem to have noticed that the weather in your area is unusual too? This aligns perfectly with my expectations. I do not think it will be COLD everywhere, just CHANGED in many places. Unusual, if you want to think of it that way. In my particular area, I think this is manifesting as slightly shifted seasons, and some strange weather activity.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well it is September, winter is not that far away anymore.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join