It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies......will stun guns work?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
if they're getting around and ambulating there mustbe electrical currents happening in their bodies/corpses....right? so theoretically a stun gun or tazer would render them incapacitated......

any thoughts? any volunteers to experiment?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You'll probably just piss them off and then when they do catch up with you you're not only gonna get eaten you're gonna get electrocuted as well.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
You can test that theory at any high school in America. Walking around in Phone Land. They are already Zombies

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
or what about pepper spray?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You'll just make a crispy stinky mess and they'll still want to eat you...

Hypothetically of course

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Best use would be to shock the person infront of you so the zombies eat them rather than you

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It worked in the Resident Evil remake on gamecube. I think it would work. It would short out what little brains they had left.

edit on 9-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
shure why not

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hmmm.... Well, along the lines of fictional creatures of the Unicorn variety.

I'll stick with the tried and true method for Zombies. A shot to the brain pan and night night. I figure it can't bite without a mouth and can't see without eyes...right?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Are we talking police grade or civilian grade Tazers?

The real issue is you only get the one shot with the wires, then it's a CC weapon till 'rearmed'.

Maybe an electric cattleprod to the head would be safer? Gives you a couple of feet of distance from the target. With my luck, the one time it had to work the battery would give out

No one ever considers spears, prolly cause they're 'out of fashion' for killin' these days. Go watch 300 again and imagine Spartans vs. the Zombie Hordes.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Hmmm.... Well, along the lines of fictional creatures of the Unicorn variety.

I'll stick with the tried and true method for Zombies. A shot to the brain pan and night night. I figure it can't bite without a mouth and can't see without eyes...right?

They can still smell your brains bro.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IandEye
if they're getting around and ambulating there mustbe electrical currents happening in their bodies/corpses....right?

No, because there is no such thing as 'Zombies'.
But if this is for fiction, you can make up your own rules. So, it doesn't matter in that case either.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Fins one.. try it out... report back to the hive.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

That's an interesting though. Electricity causes uncontrollable spasming in the tissues, and prolonged exposure (when applied correctly) can fry the brain. I think a powerful taser might not kill them, but would definitely throw them off long enough for you to use something more effective.

top topics

join