It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Admits Not Letting Woman Board Plane has Nothing to do With Security - Just a Bad Attitude (Vide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Say what you will - the TSA are simply a bunch of jerks. We are not safer with these people controlling "security" - we are simply at their whim in a war on our freedoms. As each month passes with more and more stories of the insanity and absurdity of the ever growing tsa gestapo, isn't it time we stand up and call it like it is? Why USA are we allowing this baloney?

The audio and video in the clip above is scratchy, but the woman is heard saying, “Let me get this straight, this is retaliatory for my attitude, this is not making the airways safer it’s retaliatory.”

“It pretty much definitely is,” the TSA screener responds.

TSA is Silly

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
You ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait until the tSSa gets their full powers.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Say what you will - the TSA are simply a bunch of jerks.

Say what I will - simply - as a whole, they are not.

Sure we hear the horror stories - but let's not forget there are idiots in every 'group' that tries to 'control' the populace (the police, politicians, etc).

From my own experience - recently - and having 'opted out' of the 'scan' on more than 6 occasions over the last month? I can report from first hand experience there are many TSA agents doing their job who're kind, willing to be helpful, considerate and caring, yes, caring. Yes, you read that correctly.

Let's also not forget these people are out there trying to make a living just like you and I.

Why do I stress this? It should be obvious. Let's not blame the instruments but the ones wielding them. Period.

Not in Boise, not in California, not in Washington State did I meet with any problems. I was not sneered at, I was not ridiculed, I was not 'groped' and I surely was not stuck in 'the room'! (Though I almost was for mouthing off to a Immigration agent).

That being said - is it my belief TSA is effective at 'stopping' terrorists? Not in the slightest. Though I defend TSA agents as people, I still am of the opinion TSA is NOTHING more than a TOOL to MAKE citizens of the USA SUBMIT AND OBEY There is no more to it than that. So, defend them as people and place the blame where it belongs - on TPTB.

And really, let's look at statistics. Think of how many people fly, all over the USA. Let's then compare that number to how many reports come out in the negative referring to TSA agents. That number alone must be miniscule if recordable at all.

You have issues with TSA? Take it to the head of that sneaky snake - not the tail.

peace

edit on 9-9-2012 by silo13 because: bold

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Something else I was just discussing with a fellow ATS'er via Skype? He and I are both in agreement these one in a million horror stories were hearing about TSA'ers are intentionally planted (maybe that's a strong word, but you get the idea) into MSM to induce a FEAR of TSA agents. To induce more FEAR of opting out. To induce more FEAR of reprisals.

Don't let the horror stories fool you for a minute!

Stand up for what you believe in. Get a pass through the gate. Hold your arms out to your sides palms up. The TSA agent will explain everything in detail before they proceed. Then, hold your breath for all of 6 seconds (yes I timed it) until they are through.

Done deal.

STOP FEAR MONGERING.

OPT OUT.

DO NOT BE AFRAID.

peace

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Let's also not forget these people are out there trying to make a living just like you and I.

Does anyone else see the twisted logic here? If we can justify doing wrong to make a living, then we can't prosecute the mugger for he is just making his living. This is what happens when society loses their moral compass.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hardly. There are always a hanful of frivolous complaints, of course.

Why did the files take so long to release? Various FOIA officers over the years blamed the delay on the agency's backlog and on the volume of the records that had to be reviewed. It turned out to be 87 pages.

87 pages of complaints - from 2008

CJ

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

So how much do you get paid to throw that rubbish around?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OldSchoolMom

What twisted logic?
I'm interested to hear more.
How, in your mind, are my points 'twisted logic' - obviously if we're going to stay on topic that is.

peace

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldSchoolMom
reply to post by silo13

Does anyone else see the twisted logic here? If we can justify doing wrong to make a living, then we can't prosecute the mugger for he is just making his living. This is what happens when society loses their moral compass.
So, would you be just as critical of these folks if they were on social assistance, instead?
Here's the job posting:

Says nothing about mugging. I went through the airport screening...nothing but professional. Don't like your treatment, complain to their superiors...they do take note, you know. You don't like the law? Hassle your lawmakers!

I'd be interested in knowing what the complainers on this thread have actually done about it beyond posting here. Would you mind enlightening us, folks?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

So how much do you get paid to throw that rubbish around?

What would ever make you think the truth is rubbish?

Sure, it's my truth and I just happened to get back home in Europe after traveling the USA extensively over the last month but again, if you research the number of people who fly in and out of the USA every day - and the number of 'complaints' filed against TSA every day? I am positive you would find the percentages quite astounding numerically - in favor of the TSA agents. (After a quick web search I'm looking at numbers around 2 million fly EVERY DAY)...

Beyond that? It is my firm belief TSA does NOT stop terrorists - as I stated.

It IS my belief the stories of TSA abuse are touted by MSM to induce fear in the average citizen so when faced with a scan or opting out - they opt out of the opt out, lol!

Think about that a minute. Reread it if need be. Really, if I was a 'paid troll' (or whatever you are implying) I would have just lost my income by stating my belief.

Get your head out of that box hun.

peace

edit on 9-9-2012 by silo13 because: red lol

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well then. We certainly should not hate members of the SS, putting Jews in the ovens was just their way to make a living.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

No idea how my post was "off topic".

The OP calls the TSA "jerks" and "silly".

I posted a video of Ron Paul slamming the TSA (only politician to do so).

Seemed appropriate.

edit on 9-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

So, would you be just as critical of these folks if they were on social assistance, instead?

Sorry honey, You can't lock me into your little box, there are other options than social assistance.

I'd be interested in knowing what the complainers on this thread have actually done about it beyond posting here. Would you mind enlightening us, folks?

I can't answer for others but, I am refusing to do what I know to be wrong to others. There are less and less places for people who refuse to do what they know is bad or wrong, that I understand well.

I couldn't be a journalist because it is wrong to tell lies to the public, If I refuse to do that, I would lose the job. I couldn't be an elementary teacher because I would be forced to lie to the parents about what the true objectives are when I teach if I wanted to keep my job. I couldn't be an officer of the law because I would have to violate the law if I was told to in order to keep my job. If I become a nurse, I will have to inject you or your child with dangerous toxins if I am ordered to do it, that's of course if I want to keep that job.

I guess I am stuck with kitchen work ...oops my boss insists that I serve old food that I know will probably get you sick. Don't worry, I won't do it. I will quit first. I care about you and your children believe it or not. I just happen to be one of those people who couldn't sleep at night if I knowingly and willfully did you wrong for a buck.

I will wash your car, clean your house (without stealing), I will mow your lawn and walk your pets. flip burgers, clean bathrooms, Fold boxes, make car parts, or widgets, cashier, bag your stuff, parking valet, recycle appliances, jitney driver, pizza delivery etc. etc...and as these service jobs continue to fill up with people who WON'T do what is wrong... who settle for the lowest wages, no benefits and not enough flexible hours to be choosy about that 2nd job.... you can continue to tell the rest of us how you have no other choice but social assistance.
Why should I try to open a business? If I don't agree with the current attitudes of the government they will just fine me out of business.. so, I will babysit your kid or your house, I will paint, remodel or lay floor in your kitchen.... I hope you understand why I see your comment a fallacy.

Says nothing about mugging. I went through the airport screening...nothing but professional. Don't like your treatment, complain to their superiors...they do take note, you know. You don't like the law? Hassle your lawmakers!

They are not MY lawmakers, they are OUR lawmakers and they are breaking the law that they were entrusted to protect and follow when they make new laws.

Would you like to know what I think the reason is they are getting away with it? Because there are people who will do what they know is wrong for a buck and hold onto a fallacy to justify it

I am sure these truths make you angry, me too...

Because now with your logic, anyone can do anything regardless of the harm it does to others including but not limited to mugging and killing .... to make a living of course. *shrugs
edit on 11-9-2012 by OldSchoolMom because: spelling error

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I don't care how good their intentions are they are enabling tyranny just like police and other government agents. Its been said many times but I'll say it again the Nazi death camp guards "were just doing thier jobs" and making a living. Guess what they were all hanged!

You are responsible for the job you choose to do. If it harms people violates their rights and intimidates and induces fear etc. then you are responsible for the actions you chose to do in your job period. You are not absolved because "you were just doing your job,

You say you weren't groped tell me did they touch your genitalia at all? if so I don't care how professional they are you were molested by your own consent. You can submit to that if you like however that does not make it ok for these people to do it and neither will I accept it because you chose to submit to it.

Oh and just because a majority of travelers submit and do not complain about the treatment does not make it any less a violation of ones rights..

This is the exact mindset that enables tyranny. Tyranny cannot be enforced without enforcers and willing partiticpants!

As Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn said of Stalin's reign of terror:

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

edit on 11-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Just following their orders like good little soldiers, right?

I've seen this before. Except they wore brown shirts last time.

Just wait until they control the buses, rail, and interstates.

top topics

join