It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organic food hit piece to coincide with California proposition 37.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Yes ,I can relate. Buuuut.. it's álso the result of exotic fruits, fiddled about with to prosper in their non-native surroundings. There is no centuries of wisdom for those.

What I mean is this: We, as a farmer's community, seldomly need root-fly ,and slug killers, because when carrots are sown, we also plant Tagetes patula. why? Well, from the moment we, the Dutch, imported that flower from Spain in the 15/16th century, we discovered that root-fly and snails detésted that plant.. 1+1=..

Things like that, combined with seeding-time determine the success of "Biological-dynamic gardening"once, in the 60's and 70's hailed as something "new", yet based on age-old knowledge. Knowledge largely forgotten.

Newfangled? Hardly...

And yes, pesticide free Carrots áre sweeter and "meatier" You need fár less of them in stew, to get the right taste....

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by royalewithcheese
reply to post by gladtobehere

We all have to ask ourselves why is it that human health is being degraded to vast epidemics of cancer ,diabetes, Alzheimer's, etc. it's because of industrial applications to what's in our food and air. It's flagrantly obvious. Did our ancestors deal with nutty epidemics like these? On a mass level even?

There's just way too much profit to be made from bad food. It's easier to produce on a mass scale in some cases, it keeps these industries going, and then there's good ole disaster capitalism. Degrade the health of the masses and offer them a solution, that not only doesn't work, but kills them anyway.

edit on 10-9-2012 by royalewithcheese because: Typos

edit on 10-9-2012 by royalewithcheese because: Typo

Not only that.
Have You seen recent results of research on the percentage of children with severe allergies?? Rather alarming.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Here is a good article about the fluoride pesticides which include some that are considered Organic. I know the government has stated that they are going to remove the fluoride pesticides/miticides from use, I doubt if it is going to happen. What are they going to replace them with? Something worse possibly? Maybe they have created a better system of settling people down and don't need this one anymore. Remember how people were telling us grapes are so good for us?

fluoridefreekansas.org...

The fact that the government acknowledges that fluoride needs to be removed (of course for mottled teeth) is a sign that there are problems. Most of what I read in this article checks out from my research of actual scientific research reports

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing information regarding organic foods. Its really very informative. Organic foods have more beneficial nutrients, such as antioxidants and also people with allergies to foods, chemicals, or preservatives often find their symptoms lessen or go away when they eat only organic foods

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join