It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organic food hit piece to coincide with California proposition 37.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Some of you may have noticed a version of this story plastered all over the media a few days ago:

Organic food no healthier than non-organic: study

No coordinated media effort here.

I even had a friend send me the article to imply that I'm wrong in wanting to eat organic vs. non-organic foods. All the "I told you so's" were busy embracing this story.

The very first thing that I noticed was that there is absolutely no mention of the biggest aspect of organic food: the fact that its not genetically modified ("GM"). They even made brief mention of the toxic pesticides and insecticides but only to remind us that they're not that bad.

A simple search reveals the dangers of GM or Frankenstein foods, but dont worry, Monsanto said that GM foods are fine: "There is no need for, or value in testing the safety of GM foods in humans".

Mike Adams also addressed this latest "study": Flawed organic foods study really just a media psyop to confuse the public about organics while pushing GMOs

Periodic assaults on healthy foods is common but I was curious as to why this this massive media blitz all of a sudden, until I found this: California's Propostion 37:

The labeling initiative largely covers processed foods that contain such ingredients, but there are exemptions for alcohol and restaurant meals.

Milk, cheese and other dairy products made from cows that are injected with the bovine growth hormone or eat genetically engineered feed like alfalfa would be exempt, but meat or dairy products from animals that are genetically engineered would be labeled.

Many other nations, including Japan, China and a host of European countries, already label genetically engineered food. In the United States, however, products that contain genetically engineered ingredients are generally not labeled.

So food in CA would require labeling of GMO ingredients.

As usual, the fight is coming down to the people vs Corporate America.

Donations in favor of the measure to label GM foods: $2.8 million.

Donations opposed to the labeling: $25 million.

Thats right, $25 million. No surprise here, the usual suspects: Monsanto, Dupont, Coke, Pepsi, Bayer, Dow, Nestle... All the brands that we've come to know and trust to bring us the most healthy and nutritious of foods

edit on 9-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Aha!

Suddenly it makes sense now, all the hoohah about the s.c. non-benefit of organic food.
Overhere GM-foodis, indeed, labeled, but more in the style of "small-print". Showing that marketeers fear the backlash of people. Apparently they are aware there is something nót entirely right, and try to keep it as low-profile as possible. Didn't help. People leave the GM-stuffs alone. They invariably end-up in the "three-for-one" - bin.

I grew -up wholly organic, nót because of some principle, but because of practicality. We had a big garden, fruit orchard etc. All of it without GM or pesticides, simply because GM seed and pesticides are expensive.... C'est tout.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dutchmilpo

The media blast seemed so incredibly coordinated. It all makes sense now.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I, too, wondered why the media just seemed to "attack" organic foods recently. It was weird, because if you actually listened to the reports, they weren't really saying anything new or groundbreaking, but the language and overtone of the message sounded serious and well coordinated. I don't go out of my way to eat organic, but I've got a lot of respect for people who work really hard to make sure they eat actual food, instead of whatever it is most big-box grocery stores carry.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm always astonished!!

A tasty strawberry covered in pesticides, insecticides, herbicides, and probably iradiated.
A tasty strawberry with none of those things.

Which one would you prefer your child to be eating?

I say if you choose the first one you should be investigated, you might not be looking after your child properly

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'd love to see the label law go into effect, if it's not so full of loopholes and exceptions as to make it worthless.

I can tell you that I watched with my own eyeballs, trucks back up to a dock in Oxnard, Ca with Mexican label produce, roll those pallets into the cooler room behind the dock, re-box and inspect, then roll it BACK out in boxes that said Grown in Oxnard and Product of USA to be loaded on the OTR trucks taking it all out and across the country. I watched this...personally.

So labels are relative things and nice..but nothing beats looking locally for farmers markets and the like, where you can talk to the farmer and probably drive out and see the field you're eating from if you want.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Knowing what goes into your body is mostly civil responsibility; it's a game changer when corporate food and bio-engineering companies go out of their way to pay congressmen several million dollars to hide GM ingredients. You are what you eat..and I'm a naturalist, not genetically modified.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes we should be supporting our local small farmers and other small businesses
Yet some say they use Walmart and the like because it cheaper
But really they are paying a bigger price.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I grew up eating mostly homegrown food. We had our own farm and so did three of my uncles. We ate local fresh fish, bought beef and chickens locally and ate venison and rabbit a lot. Sure we ate vollwerths balogna and hot dogs, they were locally made too. the cheese we bought was made in Dollar Bay and the pop was bottled locally. There was a local brewery for the parents too, Bosch beer. Now things have changed, the many markets have been replaced by a few. The brewery is gone. Can't buy milk from the farmer either, lucky they let them sell a cow. all those jobs are gone since the places have been closed down. Almost everyone there had a job back then in our area if they wanted to work. We supported each other. I guess that wasn't good enough, we had to be dependent on the the ones controlling imports and the Chinese for our lives. We had to start admiring the elite instead of admiring people in our town. We lost our independence as a community. Acquiring federal grants took prescidence over supporting our local businesses.

Food was so good back then. It was made with real ingredients. Strawberries were ripe in the stores and full of flavor, fresh from the farmers fields. Then the chains got involved and threatened the stores to buy everything from them or else. Everything fell apart. I like organic food, it tastes way better than that commercial crap. I don't care if they add vitamins to the fake stuff to boost the numbers. I'll eat it because it's available but like locally made food better, I like to support my community, the people where I live. Screw everyone else, I like the people in my area and they need my support, both businesses and farmers. If everyone did this in their areas it would be a better country, we'll work on changing the laws tptb made to protect their interests.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I went to do my shopping today in the garden.
Fruits and vegetables of all kinds grown organically.
When I came to pay the bill it was very cheap

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
I went to do my shopping today in the garden.
Fruits and vegetables of all kinds grown organically.
When I came to pay the bill it was very cheap

Me too. And I save seeds for next year. And compost for soil fertility. We live in town with a small garden, but it provides most of our vegetable needs. I wish everyone around here would do this. It's not hard.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yes, as usual the corporate dictatorship pays the corporate media to do the dirty work for them.

What is there to understand, Genetically modified food poison is better than whole organic food that is what Mosnpanto is trying to sell.

Only a fool will believe that and only those to profit from the crap that monspanto and cronies sells will agree with such statement.

When is money to pass around, from the big corporate pimps is going to be plenty of government whores that will spread their lies for pay outs.

This is the face of the America we the people have created, when corruption goes against the safety and health of the citizens in the nation all for profits.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
sounds like this article could easily be supplied by GMO companies. There is a good case just like - David Wilcock - sugar blocks the Pennal gland (the gland located just behind the 3rd eye on the forehead). This gland allows us to be able to see into the future, see auras and see the truth; this gland is calcified by the floride in the water and the sugar that we have in our foods.

Wouldn't it be plausible that these same people who do not want us to wake up have access to one of the accounts here or are one of the moderators posting documents that were supplied by TPTB?

if you want to know the truth of anything, bring it into your body self and see if it rings true.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
People love nature especially when it is Sunny
A break from working for the man at weekends
Kids laughing and spilling about
Dogs doing what dogs do
Two lovers on a bench
The river rolling by

We got to get back to nature it makes people happy

edit on 9-9-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2012 by artistpoet because: typos typos everywhere

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Again,this all comes down to profit and money. Why do capitalists fail to realize this? There would be no GMO without the drive for monetary gain.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Doesn't matter what the researchers at Stanford University think about organic food.
We're selling organic fruits and vegetables on the side sometimes, and they are selling like hotcakes.

We had our own "study" once, when kids could taste organic strawberries, blueberries, apples etc., and compare them directly with supermarket goods.
"Real" strawberries taste like strawberries instead of sugared water, so the organic product won every time.

Buying organic is not only about health, it's about environmental awareness altogether.
Also, the price argument is getting more and more obsolete, as demand rises and lowers the cost.
The original brands will prevail, no matter how much Monsanto pays for their "advertising".

@ dutchmilpo
Same here.
Greetings to the beautiful Netherlands.

edit on 9-9-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
You should check out the comments on most of those articles. The outspoken public is not convinced by this trickery.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It's beyond despicable that these creeps are actually attacking organic food.
Organic gardening has been one of life's greatest pleasures for me. I often long for those good old days when homegrown was the only way. This song will jog a memory or two. It's an oldie!
Those jerks that did the Stanford study should listen to the song. It probably wouldn't have any effect. They're soulless ghouls.

"Taste a little of the summer, grandma put it all in jars....in those Ball canning jars"

Let the December winds bellow and blow
I'm as warm as a July tomato

There's peaches on the shelf, potatoes in the bin
Supper's ready, everybody come on in
Taste a little of the summer
Grandma put it all in jars, in those Ball canning jars

Well there's a root cellar, fruit cellar down below
Watch your head as down you go

There's peaches on the shelf, potatoes in the bin
Supper's ready, everybody come on in

Grandma put it all in jars, in those Ball canning jars

What with the snow and the economy and everything
I think I'll just stay down here and eat until spring

When I go to see my Grandma, I gain a lot of weight
With her dear hands she gives me plate after plate
She cans the pickles, sweet and dill
And the songs of the whip-or-will, and the morning dew and the evening moon
And I really wanna go and see her real soon
Cause the canned food I buy at the store
Ain't got the summer in it anymore!
You betcha Grandma as sure as you're born
I'll take some more potatoes and a thunder storm

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Thats y you just buy the organic crap at the farmers market...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Fitts says this battle is more important than the Presidency..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join