It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Bought the Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise Yesterday.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Some of you ATS members out there know that I am an avid charity shop bargain hunter, always on the rummage for something a little different, especially retro and vintage clothing….

But saying that I do get drawn to items I see as being one offs/originals, or something I may have never seen before….

I do a great deal of painting and I go out searching for frames for artwork at a cheap price rather than paying full wack….

Anyway, I was out and about a few charity shops yesterday and I came about a few objects that just caught my eye, so I bought them….

So I thought I would show you a few of the things I dragged home from my hunt….

Bearing in mind that I live in the West Midlands, UK, what I seemed to find yesterday was a whole heap of stuff more associated with the USA….

An old box in the corner of the charity shop caught my eye because there was a picture of a young girl holding tight onto a bomb that was fixed within one of those clip frames. I have now hung this picture in my bathroom…..

Then underneath that picture I found another picture titled ‘Bush On Tour’ with a load of dates attached to it depicting wars that the USA have been involved in….

Then there was another picture titled ‘Murder King’, with picture of Bush intertwined within the McDonalds logo….

Then there was another picture about work and starving……

Then at the bottom of the cardboard box was a metal U.S.S. Enterprise Star Trek model that brought a large smile to my face, probably due to the fact that Star Trek was one of the most avid sci-fi programmes I watched when growing up….

You can see how big the model is, but I do have big hands…..

The one side at the front end of the model has the words U.S.S. Enterprise, and then it has N C C -1701…..

On the back side it has written copy write 2002 Par. Pic…….I have no idea what Par Pic, means…….Does anybody else?

It is quite heavy, I don’t know its actual weight, but it certainly weighs heavy in the hand…..

It wasn’t until I got home that I realised that it is actually a bottle opener, so now it sits proudly in the middle of my lounge coffee table ready to open a beer…..

I just wondered if the Star Trek ship was worth anything or if there are millions out there in the world as I have never come across one before….

So there you are, I was just baffled as to why all this USA stuff would be stuck in a box in the corner of a charity shop in a little town in the UK thousands of miles away…..

Anybody out there have any thoughts regarding these items I picked up yesterday for the bargain of only £2.00………………???

Girl holding onto a bomb

Bush on Tour

Murder King

Must we all starve

First side of Enterprise

Other side of the Enterprise

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Nice beer opener

So those political images are how the world sees the US, isn't it... How sad ):

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The Star Trek bottle opener is quite easy to get a hold of! I am sure iv'e seen it in a few places online, maybe even the Argos catalogue?

Still, good finds and you can't moan at 2 quid!

edit on 9-9-2012 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Par Pic = Paramount Pictures

The company that released the Star Trek movies.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
Par Pic = Paramount Pictures

The company that released the Star Trek movies.

Oh, Okay, yeah that makes sense..........it was driving me mad trying to work it out last night............but quite easy to work out really......duh!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
All in all a good days shopping it would seem , love the Enterprise decorative yet useful , how much did you pay for this haul ?
I now feel inspired to visit my local charity shops

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
All in all a good days shopping it would seem , love the Enterprise decorative yet useful , how much did you pay for this haul ?
I now feel inspired to visit my local charity shops

Gortex, I paid £2.00, which is a bargain............Can't even buy a pint of beer for that.......

Yeah, get down the charity/frith/opportunity shops, you never know what's in the store.........I have always loved rummaging for those things that you just wouldn't normally find, as yesterday for example...........haha

Peace.....

edit on 9-9-2012 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

That is a bargain , works out at a Greggs pasty and sausage role in my maths

Its been years since I went in a charity shop but your thread has sparked my interest in checking out the several that have sprung up in my area recently to see what bargains I may discover

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The girl hugging the bomb looks like it could be a Banksy. If so could be worth lots!

www.banksy.co.uk...

edit on 9-9-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
The girl hugging the bomb looks like it could be a Banksy. If so could be worth lots!

www.banksy.co.uk...

Now that's a nice thought........I may now have a Banksy hanging in my bathroom.......cheers

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I like thrift stores and antique stores.

You never know what you're going to find in them.

Plus they're a lot like going to a museum, where you can actually touch the display.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Yep, looks like you have a Banksy!

Found this at icanvasart.com It's called "Bomb Hugging Girl"

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Yep, looks like you have a Banksy!

Found this at icanvasart.com It's called "Bomb Hugging Girl"

Wow, now I am intrigued.......I do have a Banksy hanging in my bathroom...hahaha.....

Going by the other pictures I found, they all seem to have a certain thread/topic running through them, but I don't think you can put the Star Trek Enterprise into the list, can you? Or maybe you can........Mmmmmm

Thanks for that tanda7, shall have a look at the website now........

cheers

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Well it's a bottle opener so I guess the original owner liked to have a few while plotting the revolution

But you are right they definitely have an anti-gov, anti-corp, propaganda slant.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Well it's a bottle opener so I guess the original owner liked to have a few while plotting the revolution

But you are right they definitely have an anti-gov, anti-corp, propaganda slant.

Hahaha.................Maybe the owner of the Starship bottle opener was a drinker while putting together his war propaganda material.........I am just mystified as to who the person was and why they would leave this stuff in a little charity shop in the middle of small town....

cheers

top topics

join