3 UFO's in triangular formation sighting above Power Station in East London

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
That is a really good video and i doubt that its a fake. Good find.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

Hi, thanks for posting. That's roughly what I thought too. Seems well done if it is a fake and if it isn't fake... well I guess we'll never know.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Anon77

Just based on the original video how would you go about verifying the honesty of the footage? Very difficult to I would have thought?

Very difficult indeed , that's the problem we face living in an age where Hollywood type effects are available to anyone who cares to learn how to produce them .

I think that if we get footage from a credible source like a news or documentary team out on location then we can probably rule out trickery but video from a public upload site like youtube must always carry the burden of suspicion .

Your statement is suspect on two accounts. News outlets lie and use deceitful methods in videography, photography and reporting as well or better than amateurs and some also use Youtube for a repository for film clips. So where does that leave your argument?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anon77
True. I entirely agree that it would need a lot more evidence to be considered real, but surely if someone was going to the effort (I'm guessing here, several hours/days/weeks?) of video creation/editing they would want to maximise publicity for maximum potential profit?
I suppose some hoaxers may have a profit motive but many appear to have no profit motive at all. Some seem content to just post a hoax video on youtube and then secretly snicker when they see all the gullible comments like "wow you can see the aliens hover near power plants to draw power from them" or similar comments on the 2009 hoax near the power plant.

I don't think it took too much effort to make that video posted in the OP which is only 25 seconds long. Hoax videos are often short, to minimize the amount of effort.

Originally posted by Bilk22
Your statement is suspect on two accounts. News outlets lie and use deceitful methods in videography, photography and reporting as well or better than amateurs and some also use Youtube for a repository for film clips. So where does that leave your argument?
If the news agency can find some eyewitnesses to interview for their story that would give them something to talk about.

They have also been caught by hoaxes so just because it's on the news doesn't mean it's not a hoax, but I'd agree with gortex that the random youtube video of a UFO has less credibility than something reported on the news. No guarantees though. It's best to look at every extraordinary claim skeptically.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I saw a cloud that wasn't changing like the rest yesterday, not as dramatic as seeing lights in the night sky that you can be sure aren't natural I know, it was odd though and hard to define what it was for sure.
I would have posted these photos as a new thread on ATS but I'm not able to post a thread yet and this seems to be a relevant place. The link is to the page I made on my blog so that you can see them.
www.saparonia.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

'mathematical masturbation' - do you view string theory that way because you don't understand it or because you have an alternate theory you agree with more?

First of all, String Theory IS mathematical masturbation. It is a very ambitious attempt in creating a model (or models, actually) of the universe. The big problem with it is that it relies on a number of points that simply cannot be confirmed. However, the model is quite useful for what it is - a model, as it looks to make a lot of sense (as in, 'hey look, it seems to work').

Second, are those really my two options?
Clearly I would be lying if I said that I "understood string theory", but I know it well enough to say the above. In fact, that is a rather common view in the science world. You should know that, right?

I'm not connecting UFO's with string theory.

Yes you are. You told us you believed it had to do with with alternate dimensions, and I was told to look up String Theory. Well, this is clearly an assumption that that was the reason why I should look up String Theory, but I cannot come up with another reason why I was told to do so based on my question and the topic in general.

As I said I was referring to a theory published within the UFO research community that if the UFO's were alien in origin then rather than traveling light years to reach us that they instead jumped between dimensions.

If someone mentions that things appear from an alternate dimension, I want to know what that means and how it is done. Breaking it down to scientific terms helps.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

"If someone mentions that things appear from an alternate dimension, I want to know what that means and how it is done. Breaking it down to scientific terms helps. "

Forgive my unscientific terminology in advance. If the Universe is Pi dimensional and fractal then it's easy to envisage how different dimensions can impose upon each other. Points in a fractal would not be confined to linear time and space.
Remembering that our total experience of reality, even that measured by our elaborate machines, is sensory and our interaction with machines is sensory, and we are confined to very limited senses, it's easy how to envisage other realities could exist. This being based on different sensory information overlapping ours but being just out of reach. Unless the person experiencing it within this reality has extra sensory abilities.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

The alternate dimension hypothesis is a non-hypothesis, because nobody can really explain it.

String theory is mathematical masturbation and even string theorists don't know what it is, and this is from a leading string theorist! But in general one concept is that extra dimensions are on tiny, quantum scales, that wouldn't necessarily imply that an object the size of a spaceship could vanish into another dimension.

Aside from the OP video which looks like a hoax, there are some verified sightings of "flying objects" which seem to vanish, hence the origin of the "EDH" or extra-dimensional hypothesis. In the real cases I'm aware of I don't have an explanation but I'd guess that some poorly understood unusual atmospheric phenomena might be more likely causes than EDH.

In some cases we do understand why the UFO disappears, as the two UFOs in the upper left of this photo did:

www.caelestia.be...

Alternate dimensions have nothing to do with why those UFOs vanished but people who don't understand what they are looking at might think so.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Nice video. My initial thought is that this is not real, the whole thing just feels too orchestrated. Though I have to say I'd love to see something like that with my own eyes.

I do think the comment about a video being "too good" is a fair one though. Understandably the more witnesses you have, and the more independent footage you have, the more credibility the case has. However, I cant help but feel that there might just be a few out there that don't get the attention they maybe deserve, passed off as CGI.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The "UFOs" go out of focus, then back in focus.....yet the clouds behind them stay in perfect focus?

Fake, and not a very good one at that.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I suspect a lot of the odd objects reported to disappear are military in origin, and mostly using the very well researched adaptive camouflage. In the photo you referenced people would need to be exceptionally un-informed to not realise that is a heat haze effect. There are still hundreds/thousands of odd effects that happen in our atmosphere that are as yet unexplained/poorly understood like ball lightning, mekong lights, foo fighters, earthquake lights, sprites, etc.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Anon77

I know adaptive camouflage is being worked on and I'm not privy to any advanced classified research on the topic, but I have seen some of what's in the public domain, which is nowhere near advanced enough yet. I'd be very surprised if what you say is true, but I suppose we can't rule it out completely.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

With Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, BAE Systems, Lockheed Martin, Almaz-Antey, Boeing, General Dynamics, IMI and IAI all defence contractors pouring hundreds of millions/billions into research on adaptive camouflage (a lot of it using Phased array optics) I think it's entirely likely that a lot of the stuff that seems to disappear is military related. Not to mention that by the time the tech is revealed to the public it is usually 5 - 10 years behind the actual research being done.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

This is one of the most amazing videos I've ever seen of something unexplained in our skies. Short but amazing. I think it is something possibly inter dimensional.

The 3 lights move independently SO how could it be a triangular ufo! FAKE!!!!!!
edit on 9-9-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

He never said they are a triangular UFO.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon77

IMO, clearly yet another hoax UFO video for 2 specific reasons.

First, this YouTube member has a history of posting short hoax UFO videos of even lower quality but keeping with the "bright orb" theme. Over just a few short months this "lucky" individual captured several similar bright orb events.

Second, the camera shake is entirely inconsistent with real camera shake. During real camera shake the target image should appear to slow as the camera pans away, stop, then slowly reverse direction due to the momentum of the operators hands and the camera . The camera shake in this video abruptly changes directions inconsistent with expected physics.

Best regards,
Z

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. The movement is too fast to be quads, (we use those when surveying land irrigation work),
Comparing the focal plane at the different zooms I'm going to call 'After effects' at work, I would have to see the raw video file. So easy to do these days, makes it so difficult to know whats real and what was done just for kicks.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I don`t know if this is significant but 2 things that i noticed are:

using the pause feature on the video,i noticed that while the camera is wildly moving all around,sometimes the lights are blurred and oval shaped as would be expected and caused by the fast camera movements, and other times they remain focused and round even while the camera is moving..

pausing the video while the camera is zoomed in on the lights reveals a very distinct and noticeable octagon shape to the lights.you can clearly see and count the 8 sides of the lights.

pixels are octagon shape are they not?

looks like a fake to me.
edit on 9-9-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sicksicksick

He never said they are a triangular UFO.

Well explain this then underlined below, apart from that look at the title of the youtube video

Title changed to more accurately reflect the sighting. I disagree that it's a fake, but your entitled to your opinion. Thanks for commenting.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
pixels are octagon shape are they not?

looks like a fake to me.
Agree it looks fake but pixels are usually square as shown in this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
as UFO videos go, this one should be used as an example of poor fakery, it doesn't even look real. I mean, come on, look at the stock fade effect at the end
edit on 9-9-2012 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4 >>

join