It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 UFO's in triangular formation sighting above Power Station in East London

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Looks like CGI. The zoom and focus of the camera doesn't match the zoom and focus of the "orbs". Easy CGI hoax to detect.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Anon77

Just based on the original video how would you go about verifying the honesty of the footage? Very difficult to I would have thought?

Very difficult indeed , that's the problem we face living in an age where Hollywood type effects are available to anyone who cares to learn how to produce them .

I think that if we get footage from a credible source like a news or documentary team out on location then we can probably rule out trickery but video from a public upload site like youtube must always carry the burden of suspicion .

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anon77
I think it is something possibly inter dimensional.

That doesn't even mean anything.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Fake. And heres my reasoning.An advanced alien race with the technology to fly light years through space and maneuver as it did in that video still needs lights on their craft? Really? Come on, you cant possibly be serious. You think they have an FAA on their planet?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Looks like CGI. The zoom and focus of the camera doesn't match the zoom and focus of the "orbs". Easy CGI hoax to detect.

Hi, thanks for commenting. I'm not entirely sure I understand what your saying? Can you explain a bit more?
edit on 9/9/12 by Anon77 because: Forgot the NOT!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

A question to posters on this thread. Assuming that this video is a fake, IF it really were a 100% genuine sighting what would you look for in the footage to prove that fact? Judging by the earlier CGI effects video posted it seems that it is very easy to produce some high quality real looking fakes. Just based on the original video how would you go about verifying the honesty of the footage? Very difficult to I would have thought?
In my opinion, you're asking the wrong question, when you ask:

"what would you look for in the footage"

A sighting of a UFO needs to have more than just a video. We need to know witnesses, date, time, location direction etc. Real UFO sightings in populated areas are usually noticed by more than one person.

However if you look for the ATS thread on that 2009 fake around the power plant that Gortex posted, you can see that an ATS member found editing artifacts in the video. I don't have time to look for that thread, but it takes someone who knows what to look for to find these artifacts, so if you don't know what they look like you may have a hard time spotting them. If the artist is really clever the number of artifacts might be minimal.
edit on 9-9-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Consequence

Sorry, let me re-phrase that. By inter dimensional I meant the apparent feat of disappearance at the end of the clip. There was a paper released a few years ago (I don't remember who by, but I do remember it was on a BUFORA newsletter) discussing the possibility that if alien UFO's were real that they may be from a alternate dimension. Thanks for commenting.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
Fake. And heres my reasoning.An advanced alien race with the technology to fly light years through space and maneuver as it did in that video still needs lights on their craft? Really? Come on, you cant possibly be serious. You think they have an FAA on their planet?

Hmm, bit hard to agree or disagree with that comment. Maybe the light is a side effect of their power source? Maybe it's an effect caused by our atmosphere? With no idea technologically how they may work (if they are real) the light may be a side effect of something else. Thanks for commenting.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

discussing the possibility that if alien UFO's were real that they may be from a alternate dimension. Thanks for

Can you please explain what an "alternate dimension" is and how it relates to the physical world?
Considering the definition of dimensions, and more specific, how we describe our world, how is a dimension "alternate"?
edit on 9-9-2012 by Consequence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

A question to posters on this thread. Assuming that this video is a fake, IF it really were a 100% genuine sighting what would you look for in the footage to prove that fact? Judging by the earlier CGI effects video posted it seems that it is very easy to produce some high quality real looking fakes. Just based on the original video how would you go about verifying the honesty of the footage? Very difficult to I would have thought?
In my opinion, you're asking the wrong question, when you ask:

"what would you look for in the footage"

A sighting of a UFO needs to have more than just a video. We need to know witnesses, date, time, location direction etc. Real UFO sightings in populated areas are usually noticed my more than one person.

However if you look for the ATS thread on that 2009 fake around the power plant that Gortex posted, you can see that an ATS member found editing artifacts in the video. I don't have time to look for that thread, but it takes someone who knows what to look for to find these artifacts, so if you don't know what they look like you may have a hard time spotting them. If the artist is really clever the number of artifacts might be minimal.

True. I entirely agree that it would need a lot more evidence to be considered real, but surely if someone was going to the effort (I'm guessing here, several hours/days/weeks?) of video creation/editing they would want to maximise publicity for maximum potential profit?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

Can you please explain what an "alternate dimension" is

Alternative Dimensions and Universes

but surely if someone was going to the effort (I'm guessing here, several hours/days/weeks?) of video creation/editing they would want to maximise publicity for maximum potential profit?

Hence uploading it to youtube
"Google AdSense is a free program that empowers online publishers to earn revenue by displaying relevant ads on a wide variety of online content "

edit on 9-9-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

'alternate' as in separate from but beside our own. Do you have any knowledge of physics? If so take a look at some of the research behind string theory, that discusses alternate dimensions.
edit on 9/9/12 by Anon77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Sorry, let me re-phrase that. By inter dimensional I meant the apparent feat of disappearance at the end of the clip. There was a paper released a few years ago (I don't remember who by, but I do remember it was on a BUFORA newsletter) discussing the possibility that if alien UFO's were real that they may be from a alternate dimension. Thanks for commenting.

I suppose you mean interdimensional like this guy?

Broad daylight too!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Lol

Hmm, maybe not that kind of inter-dimensional!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Sorry, I think I need a scientific article, not:

Now, I am not a physicist, far from it. I can’t do complicated math at all, but I can think and reason things out.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I've never really had any experience with ad-sense either, but I thought it meant that you had adverts embedded in the video? Or am I missing something here?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Now, I am not a physicist, far from it. I can’t do complicated math at all, but I can think and reason things out.

Hi, hopefully this is something more like what you were looking for?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Then if you want a scientific article why not search for the answer you seek from a scientific publication

You do have google right ?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

'alternate' as in separate from but beside our own. Do you have any knowledge of physics? If so take a look at some of the research behind string theory, that discusses alternate dimensions.

Oh, string theory. So, you are connecting UFO's with mathematical masturbation that tries to explain the behavior of subatomic particles by introducing more dimensions?
Like how?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Oh, string theory. So, you are connecting UFO's with mathematical masturbation that tries to explain the behavior of subatomic particles by introducing more dimensions?
Like how?

'mathematical masturbation' - do you view string theory that way because you don't understand it or because you have an alternate theory you agree with more? I'm not connecting UFO's with string theory. As I said I was referring to a theory published within the UFO research community that if the UFO's were alien in origin then rather than traveling light years to reach us that they instead jumped between dimensions.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join