It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unanswered religious questions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by twistedlogic

Thank you but I don't think the burden of proof is on my side. How can I prove that something that doesn't exist doesn't exist?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by twistedlogic
reply to post by MamaJ

"Congratulations you have evidence that people have believed in a god throughout history, sadly this still does not prove the existence of a god it simply proves some people have always been wrong. "

He hit it right on the head there MamaJ, your evidence is pretty weak. There is really no point in arguing EITHER side of this debate, as there is hard evidence for neither.

Written accounts, psychic account, nde, obe, order in nature, and more.

The proof one does not exist over does exist is weighing heavily on the side that says a God does exist.

Weak is the side that says he doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I strongly believe that there is intelligent life on other planets and I wonder if they have the arrogance of homosapiens to think that they are special or like me do they believe they are just an insignificant being in an unimaginably vast universe.
reply to post by GafferUK1981

You strongly believe in little aliens, but not God. Oooooooooook!

Arrogance like who? You? Uh huh!

It's too bad you feel insignificant when you have been given the inheritance of the Universe and don't even know it.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Excuse me but considering the billions and billions of planets in the universe that could possibly harbour life why does that seem ridiculous to you that there may actually be life.

You believe in an invisible magical sky wizard but not life on other worlds!

Just read your previous post, psychic evidence mega lol ;-)

More evidence for a god than against, major delusion.
edit on 19-9-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by MamaJ

Excuse me but considering the billions and billions of planets in the universe that could possibly harbour life why does that seem ridiculous to you that there may actually be life.

You believe in an invisible magical sky wizard but not life on other worlds!

Dude, I believe In God! The creator of all things including the billions upon billions of Suns! Lol

Magical sky wizard? Not exactly.

Someone who has the knowledge from researching more than I is named Manly P Hall. He has given a lecture a week for sixty years and done his due diligence researching as I have.

Do your due diligence to KNOW with PROOF. Seeing is believing right?

I dare you to listen to one of his lectures.

I've probably listened to ten hours worth so far in the last two weeks. Astounding is all I can say and the years he has researched will blow your mind.

Suit yourself.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Manly P. Hall is a philosopher not a scientist he has no more evidence of a god than I do.

There is proof that religion exists and has for thousands of years but alas no proof that a god exists.

If god is so powerful how come he only exists in peoples minds?

I'll stick to the truth thanks, there is no god!

BTW. You know Manly P Hall died over 20 years ago don't you?
edit on 19-9-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

You can't. I think you misread my last post

There is really no point in arguing EITHER side of this debate, as there is hard evidence for neither.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Written accounts, psychic account, nde, obe, order in nature, and more.

This is what we call speculation, not evidence.

You strongly believe in little aliens, but not God. Oooooooooook!

Ya know, by definition God would be an alien.. I believe in a god/creator but i just don't understand how you can poke fun at something as plausible as aliens when you believe in something as far fetched as a god.
The more i read your opinions, the more i feel they are just regurgitated opinions of others. When you get stumped, you just point in the direction of someone else, or some dead end "evidence" like psychic accounts.

Its ok to say " I don't know " every now and then, you don't have to have an answer for everything...... you seem to like philosophy so here ya go.

And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. - Socrates

As for me, all I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join