It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unanswered religious questions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The one thing religion is fantastic at creating is dogmatic nonsensical statements. But that's about it I'm afraid unless you want to count terrorists.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

Organized religion has nothing to do with God. Organized religion is about controling slaves. God is about freeing the slaves.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

But isn't your mind a slave to the dogma of religion. Have you ever considered that there is no god, that's where all the evidence is. The odds are far better too.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Have you ever considered that you're.. 32 and have no path to follow?
edit on 12-9-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

Well I'm actually 30 thanks and I do have a path to follow. My path is to live a good and happy life, look after my family and make the most of this short time I will be on this earth.

As Mark Twain said, death was not a problem before I was born and it won't be after I've gone.

Don't you think it is arrogant to think that you are special and have a purpose. I doubt animals believe that, what is supposed to happen to them when they die?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981

Well I'm actually 30 thanks and I do have a path to follow. My path is to live a good and happy life, look after my family and make the most of this short time I will be on this earth.

As Mark Twain said, death was not a problem before I was born and it won't be after I've gone.

Don't you think it is arrogant to think that you are special and have a purpose. I doubt animals believe that, what is supposed to happen to them when they die?

I am ignorant and arrogant sometimes. I shouldn't talk of your life and I apologize.
Animals?> We walk among them all the time.
Let me ask, what do you think of dolphins or other domesticated wioldlife?

Do you think cats are just scum sucking rat catchers from the 10th century in mesopotamia?
edit on 12-9-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I think animals like us are the result of evolution and have as much right to live on this planet as we do. We are not special or holy we are simply the most intelligent animal on the planet and that has put us at the top of he food chain.

We don't need to complicate the equation by throwing a god into the mix. The answers we need are found through science.
edit on 12-9-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I think animals like us are the result of evolution and have as much right to live on this planet as we do. We are not special or holy we are simply the most intelligent animal on the planet and that has put us at the top of he food chain.

We don't need to complicate the equation by throwing a god into the mix. The answers we need are found through science.

The 2 can't co-exist>?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Exactly hence god does not exist.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Exactly hence god does not exist.

Believe whatever you want, but remember if you believe God doesn't exist then neither do you. It's that simple.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Okay then if the bible is factual evidence then why is there so much nonsense in it?

For instance we know there was no Adam and Eve, well avoided by the way.

We know there was no flood and it would have been impossible for Noah to keep all the worlds animals on a boat. How did he keep the arctic animals cold and the tropical animals hot?

We know that the earth was not created in a week.

Why doesn't the bible mention the time of the dinosaurs, I know the bible mentions a leviathon or something but at the time of man. The dinosaurs predate man by millenia.

If the bible is gods word then why is there so much in it that is plain wrong. I will tell you why, it's simple, the bible is a fictional book written by primitive man. You need to grasp that fact.

You can preach your delusional nonsense to me and tell me I'll burn in hell but I won't because there is no hell. When you die you won't even know you were wrong because you will cease to exist, there is no heaven for you. You will have wasted a huge chunk of your life reading and praying and chanting to nothing.

Sounds like you know nothing.... If the above is truly what you think.

Understanding it all is key... I can help you understand, but it takes a long time.

It's not something a sentence or two can help with.

I'm in the process of writing a book. I know that doesn't help right now but I'm here of you want to learn.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

This is comical. I hope I'm laughing with you.

All we need is science huh? Baha hahahaha!!

Science must have sprung up all on its own just like the rest of the world!!

God creates and holds it all together and we are privy to knowing a fraction of a percent.

Don't be so fooled to think you know anything right now. I could literally make your head spin.

Not boasting, just trying to show you that your mind needs some seeds planted. I'm willing!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Go on then prove to me that god exists.

Prove to me that Noah built an arc and managed to gather 2 of every animal.

Prove to me that Jonah actually lived in a whale.

Prove to me that dinosaurs never existed.

Please go on, spout your religious garbage, try confuse me into believing for dogma.

And while you're at it explain to me how god was created. Everything has a creator right, even the creator!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Go on then prove to me that god exists.

Prove to me that Noah built an arc and managed to gather 2 of every animal.

Prove to me that Jonah actually lived in a whale.

Prove to me that dinosaurs never existed.

Please go on, spout your religious garbage, try confuse me into believing for dogma.

And while you're at it explain to me how god was created. Everything has a creator right, even the creator!

Do you truly want to learn? If so, you have to forget every single thing you have been taught as far as what religion has taught you to believe.

There are too many questions.... Begin with one so we may open a dialogue whereas you can learn step by step and get into another type of mind set that does not include programming and that lives outside this world, looking in.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You're having a laugh right. You want me to dismiss all my accumulated knowledge with supporting evidence as you consider it to be a result of programming. The irony is you want me to replace that knowledge with the worst form of brainwashing ever, religious indoctrination.

If you don't have the proof pal you should have just said no. Every time one of you responds in this way my resolve against religious only grows stronger.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

you'll find that there are many occasions and many ways in which this term ('logos')

Hooray! Somebody knows their Greek! You just made my day! ^_^

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

You're having a laugh right. You want me to dismiss all my accumulated knowledge with supporting evidence as you consider it to be a result of programming. The irony is you want me to replace that knowledge with the worst form of brainwashing ever, religious indoctrination.

If you don't have the proof pal you should have just said no. Every time one of you responds in this way my resolve against religious only grows stronger.

When you are ready to HEAR, I will talk.

Don't put me in a box and not your pal. I'm your sister.

You call my knowledge religious. Lol it's not.... It's TRUTH.

The religious doctrine of today is what I'm asking you to dismiss but words get twisted into half truths don't they?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

The truth is that there is no god. There is so much evidence to support that for example ie. the multitude of errors in the bible but there is no evidence to support the existance of a god.

All I've asked for is proof. I'm not asking you to dismiss your beliefs before I can tell you the truth so why do I have to dismiss mine for you to present your evidence.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

The truth is that there is no god. There is so much evidence to support that for example ie. the multitude of errors in the bible but there is no evidence to support the existance of a god.

All I've asked for is proof. I'm not asking you to dismiss your beliefs before I can tell you the truth so why do I have to dismiss mine for you to present your evidence.

I'm not asking you to dismisss anything, forget it while we have a loving discussion with our minds.

Be a child again for a moment and just listen while you FEEL the words and SEE if they feel or ring true to your ears.

I see myself in you. The anger one feels when he realizes the Bible is not what they want it to be. I'm offering to show you in which another light to view it with.

It's unorthodoxed and hard to take in. It would require you to re read the bible using the tools of the MIND, not dogma that's been taught throughout the last 2000 years.

Before that though you would need to get your mind on a level whereas mine exists. In order to do this we would have to begin with baby steps and go back to the very beginning of our spirit before we ever had a soul.

Let me know if you want to truly partake in this journey as mine is within the mind and it's always moving forward. We can take a journey together that may even open up another realm which I have yet to discover. :-)
edit on 14-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I'm sorry but I don't want to bring my mind down to your level.

It is natural for a child to believe what adults tell them, the tooth fairy, god, the Easter bunny and santa Claus are all fictional characters that we generally realise don't exist as we grow more mature but for some reason the myth of a god persists with some people even though it is no more real than the others. I have simply grown up.

I am not angry at the bible no more than any other fictional book. I am angry how religious zealots use the bible and Koran to try force their incorrect beliefs on others. If somebody has a faith in something then why must they persuade others to feel the same. Is it strength in numbers because let me tell you that if everybody believed in god it still wouldn't make it true.

You may live in an imaginary world but I live in the real world and I know it would be a better place without religion. It would certainly cut wars down by at least 90%.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join