It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unanswered religious questions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Vibration and "sound" are two different things. To answer the proverbial question: If a tree falls in the forest and no human eardrums are there to decode the vibration, it does not make a "sound." So, you can have a vibration with or without sound, but you cannot have sound without vibration. A deaf man in the forest doesn't "hear" vibrations as sound, obviously, but he may be able to "feel" them. Perhaps the question here is how energy of any kind can propagate in a vacuum. My best guess is that once the Creator (infinite, creative, conscious energy) enclosed space geometrically, it was simultaneously filled with the quantum building blocks of energy necessary to construct the physical Universe.

Not sure what that has to do with anything, but food for thought.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

1. He used both. He had to have the scientific knowledge and the vision. Two sides of the coin. Word and Work.

2. Everything consists of light. Throughout the universe many points of light. He called forth the light by the power of the spoken word. Through his vision imagination( eye magic) he controlled the third eye and through the brain filled in the image that He wanted to create.

Imagination, idea, blueprint, called forth the light, to fill in the blueprint, sealed it.

3. God made us in His image and likeness. We are Gods in the making therefore we can do the same as God if we use the same technical steps. As teenage Gods we have to prove that we are worthy of the power, that we can control the power, and thus become a God.

4. There is no difference. If in the beginning was the Word that means that the Word is the key to creation, If the Word was with God, then He understood the power of the Word and the key and understanding of creation. If the Word was God then the three became and are one.

5. The Word and sound is the fiat or decree that the manifestation come forth. Which means that A great being understood the keys to creation as we do if we would learn to use them.

My self I have been experimenting with the system. But be careful the intent must be to not hurt anyone is the process.

Hope this help you understand.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12
3. God made us in His image and likeness. We are Gods in the making therefore we can do the same as God if we use the same technical steps. As teenage Gods we have to prove that we are worthy of the power, that we can control the power, and thus become a God.

Sell all your possessions and give to those who had no clothing and no food, and follow Jesus to the ends of the Earth. It's that simple!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Just a few things that *I* have noticed.....

When u ask God for answers, you need to listen on a hyper-alert basis. Sometimes clues are very subtle. I have heard from various sources that *NOTHING* happens by chance/coincidence.

You might ask a question, and the very next song on the radio might be trying to tell u the answer. You need to be hyper-sensitive to receive the answers.

Read the book "Conversations with God" by Neale Donald Walsche

If you are asking, God *is* trying to answer -- you are just not "hearing" those answers.

Mookie

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mookie2112

Amen Mookie. Very subtle answers. What's behind door #2?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
Over the years I've made comments and asked questions pertaining to god that receive no replies whatsoever. I'd like to post them here to give them a second chance at being answered.

1. Did god use magic to create the universe, or did he have to use a logical, scientific approach?
------------------------------------------------------
2. Light is made up of photons. If god created light, where did he get the photons? If you want to say that he brought together the materials to make suns (that produce light), where did he get the materials to make the suns? Again, magic?
----------------------------------------------------
3. If a god exists, doesn't that mean that we have no personal value whatsoever? If you take pieces of wood and make them into checkers on a checkerboard, can they move themselves or are they wholly at the mercy of your whims? You can throw them out, burn them, cast them into a drawer and never touch them again. So, if god created you, and if you are wholly at the mercy of his whims, what personal value can you have? Doesn't the existence of a creator with a grand design (a purpose of his own) render you purposeless?
-------------------------------------------------
4. We like to repeat phrases without having any clue as to what they mean, and we take them as fact. Take this phrase for instance: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

What does that mean? What is the word?

I'll predict that some of you might want to say that the word was a sound, but sound doesn't travel through empty space, so it couldn't have created the universe.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to post questions of your own.

God uses everything, even " magic" if that's what you want to call it, he is also the master scientist!

Using photons and the creation of would also be from God and again if you want to think of him as a master magician then so be it.

He has mastered all knowledge as he is the Universal Mind... and he is the source from where we obtain ours.

His purpose is us!! We are his children in the spirit. What you see is not all there is and he shows us this in our Universe and here on Earth. Do you know all the ocean life? Do you know what dark matter is?

I've been trying to explain how beautiful the word is and what it means to me.

The Word is just like the Bible, there are many expressions which make up a word! Its a multilayer of facts!! It's alive and we use the word everyday to make a sentence. The sentence then becomes a story and the story is an expression of experience. It ( word) lives because we are constantly creating words with letters!!!

This makes us creators here on earth and we are constantly creating our destiny.

Look at the world today and then go to the Bible, you see a compariison? It's there and the story continues today because the word is that powerful.

In regards to sound....

Energy can transform .... Just as we do.

Question is, can sound convert to light to travel through empty space?

www.spacedaily.com...

U.S. scientists say they have, for the first time, changed high frequency sounds into light by reversing a process that converts electrical signals to sound.

edit on 11-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeTarzan
Vibration and "sound" are two different things. To answer the proverbial question: If a tree falls in the forest and no human eardrums are there to decode the vibration, it does not make a "sound." So, you can have a vibration with or without sound, but you cannot have sound without vibration. A deaf man in the forest doesn't "hear" vibrations as sound, obviously, but he may be able to "feel" them. Perhaps the question here is how energy of any kind can propagate in a vacuum. My best guess is that once the Creator (infinite, creative, conscious energy) enclosed space geometrically, it was simultaneously filled with the quantum building blocks of energy necessary to construct the physical Universe.

Are sound and vibration 2 different things? I don't know.

Is sound just a human perception? No. If a tree falls in the forest, and human ears aren't there to hear it, the sound can still disturb a covey of doves, causing them to break away in concert. The cockroach won't hear the sound but will feel it through his antenna system. What am I "hearing" when the hairs on the back of my neck stand up?

Does sound behave differently in space? Apparently, but I don't understand the science of it. How is it that our scientific instruments can detect "sound" in space, yet, we can't hear the sunbeams screaming through our atmosphere, but we can feel them beating against our skin?

Is it just mistaken semantics when science refers to the shock front of a super nova as sound?

edit on 11-9-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Sound is made of light. All that you see or hear is light - there is just light appearing at different vibrations (frequency). Not just the sights and sounds but sensation, touch, taste, it is just different light vibrations.
There are 7 colours in the rainbow and this is what our eyes can pick up. If you could imagine to the moon and back that is how large the scale of different 'colours' there are that we cannot detect with our eyes. We know of infra red and x ray, there are rf waves for radios etc.
Right now you are experiencing light in many different ways, the mind splits the one melody into hearing, seeing, smelling, tasting, touching.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The ears are 'instrurments' that play sound, the eyes are the instrument that plays vision and then there is the tongue, nose etc. There are many 'organs' that the melody is played on. Who is it that is experiencing the melody, the light show?
edit on 11-9-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I'm sorry but it's frightening that so many fully grown adults on here still believe in god.

Forget about being hyper sensitive for gods answer, he can't answer because he doesn't exist. If you think you heard an answer from god it's simply because you really want to believe that but it is nonsense.

Come on now you make Americans sounds as uneducated as the taliban.

Please throw away your bibles and read a science book. Read some Dawkins or Hitchens if you want to know of the evils of religion.
edit on 11-9-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

Congratulations!!!! You just officially denied your own reality on ATS. Publicly denying yourself.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by MeTarzan

Are sound and vibration 2 different things? I don't know.

Is sound just a human perception? No. If a tree falls in the forest, and human ears aren't there to hear it, the sound can still disturb a covey of doves, causing them to break away in concert. The cockroach won't hear the sound but will feel it through his antenna system. What am I "hearing" when the hairs on the back of my neck stand up?

Does sound behave differently in space? Apparently, but I don't understand the science of it. How is it that our scientific instruments can detect "sound" in space, yet, we can't hear the sunbeams screaming through our atmosphere, but we can feel them beating against our skin?

Is it just mistaken semantics when science refers to the shock front of a super nova as sound?

edit on 11-9-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

Maybe it's best to say that sound and vibration are two manifestations of the same thing: Vibration on the transmitting end, converted into sound on the receiving end. Something, however, whether it's human ears or electronic sensors, has to be able to convert vibrations into audible sounds. If there is nothing in the forest to convert the vibrations of a falling tree into audible sounds (no birds, bugs, etc.), there will be "vibrations," but strictly speaking no "sound."

At least, as I understand such things at the moment.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by prophetboy12

I haven't denied my reality I just refuse to believe a theory that has more in common with a fairy tale than fact.

I know you're religious but please know that you're wrong.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12

3. God made us in His image and likeness.

I'll try again. Exactly what do YOU think this means? I asked this before and somebody mistook the word 'YOU' for 'post a link'. I want to see what your mind comes up with on this.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mookie2112
reply to post by jiggerj

Just a few things that *I* have noticed.....

When u ask God for answers, you need to listen on a hyper-alert basis. Sometimes clues are very subtle. I have heard from various sources that *NOTHING* happens by chance/coincidence.

You might ask a question, and the very next song on the radio might be trying to tell u the answer. You need to be hyper-sensitive to receive the answers.

Read the book "Conversations with God" by Neale Donald Walsche

If you are asking, God *is* trying to answer -- you are just not "hearing" those answers.

Mookie

Okay, god is, well, he's god. He can create a whole universe. He can pour life into dust and make humans. But he can't answer a question and make it as clear as if someone is talking to you face to face?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

It means the bible is vastly incorrect pal.

Have you read the god delusion. A very good book that clearly explains how religions spring up and about the fact of evolution over the joke that is creationism.

If you think about it the most religious people in the world are the most miserable. Ie. middle eastern people especially. They are living horrible lives and sacrificing freedom and democracy on the off chance there may be a heaven.

If you need to ask questions about god you are already on the road to the truth that there is no god. It's the people who don't ask questions that worry me, keeping themselves deliberately ignorrant of all evidence.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by jiggerj

Have you read the god delusion. A very good book that clearly explains how religions spring up and about the fact of evolution over the joke that is creationism.

Do I really need to, seeing as I've watched every one of Dawkin's debates and documentaries. It's not that I don't want to read it. It's that I'm broke! I'd love to get my hands on everything Dawkins and Hitchins wrote.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I'm sorry but it's frightening that so many fully grown adults on here still believe in god.

Forget about being hyper sensitive for gods answer, he can't answer because he doesn't exist. If you think you heard an answer from god it's simply because you really want to believe that but it is nonsense.

Come on now you make Americans sounds as uneducated as the taliban.

Please throw away your bibles and read a science book. Read some Dawkins or Hitchens if you want to know of the evils of religion.

What's frightening to me is how full grown adults make it this far without seeing God for what he truly is. How we can come a full life and still not get it.

So many people use religion and the dogma as an excuse for failing to seek on their own.

People want to be spoon fed and even then still don't get full!

I put my bible down many years ago, only to come back full circle to it. Ya know why? Because science showed me the many ways to god, so did other religions, and so did other types of science like Quantum Mechanics.

The evils of religion has nothing to do with God. He didn't create them so lay the accountability where it belongs.

Grown people cannot blame god for everything. We have come a long way in the last 2000 years, well some of us.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

It means the bible is vastly incorrect pal.

If you think about it the most religious people in the world are the most miserable. Ie. middle eastern people especially. They are living horrible lives and sacrificing freedom and democracy on the off chance there may be a heaven.

If you need to ask questions about god you are already on the road to the truth that there is no god. It's the people who don't ask questions that worry me, keeping themselves deliberately ignorrant of all evidence.

The Bible is misunderstood!! Badly misunderstood!!!

Religions have sprang up because people over the years have been evolving physically and spiritually and the way they expressed their God was their means by which they understood. Doesn't make it right though.

The Bible is filled with what??? STORIES!! Stories in the old testament show us how people interacted and how they spoke and viewed God. Some even said god spoke to them. Some blamed murders on God. It's the same old stories still going on today. The new testament shows God in the light where he is, has been and will remain. Jesus showed with many stories, how to view God. He even showed us the way. By the Bible being multilayered with WORD's it's an expression all throughout about mankind and his struggles. Then at the end, a revelation happened/ happens and when this happens your incarnations here on earth stops and you are free to travel the universe once again.

People who don't ask questions are ok..... At least they believe and that's a start.

The ones who don't believe have many more times with trials and tribulations here on earth.

It's a choice though. :-)
edit on 11-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I don't see how these questions could go unanswered...

1. Did god use magic to create the universe, or did he have to use a logical, scientific approach?

He forbids magic and sorcery, he created the laws of the universe and set them in motion. He knows more about science then anyone alive because he made it all.

2. Light is made up of photons. If god created light, where did he get the photons? If you want to say that he brought together the materials to make suns (that produce light), where did he get the materials to make the suns? Again, magic?

He spoke it into existence by his Word. God can do things like that you know, sometimes he makes something from nothing and sometimes he uses existing components.

3. If a god exists, doesn't that mean that we have no personal value whatsoever? If you take pieces of wood and make them into checkers on a checkerboard, can they move themselves or are they wholly at the mercy of your whims? You can throw them out, burn them, cast them into a drawer and never touch them again. So, if god created you, and if you are wholly at the mercy of his whims, what personal value can you have? Doesn't the existence of a creator with a grand design (a purpose of his own) render you purposeless?

I wouldn't say we have no value to him, he created the universe and the earth and everything therein just so he could make Man. We're more precious to him than the universe itself, thats why he came here to save us in person of Jesus the Messiah. We're not some plaything at his whim, if that were the case he'd never have allowed himself to be nailed to a cross, spat on, ostracised, beaten, tortured and ultimately killed by the people he created. He'd have just sent 12 legions of Angels and wiped us out and started over.

4. We like to repeat phrases without having any clue as to what they mean, and we take them as fact. Take this phrase for instance: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

You might not know what those phrases mean but i do. The Word is Jesus as a man, and pre-existed as Yahweh the Almighty. He is the Voice of God, the Voice crying in the wildneress, the Glory of God, his power, the rigth arm of God. When God spoke the universe into existence, he did so wth his Voice, his Word and he has manifested many times over the millenia before coming as a man.

Isaiah 44:6 [app. 740 years before Christ]

“Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel,
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
‘I am the First and I am the Last;
Besides Me there is no God.

Revelation 1:10-18

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, 11 saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”

12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. 14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; 15 His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters; 16 He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. 17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

[Jesus speaking underlined portions]

edit on 11-9-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join