It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too Big To Jail: Wall Street Executives Unlikely To Face Criminal Charges

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Too Big To Jail: Wall Street Executives Unlikely To Face Criminal Charges

www.huffingtonpost.com

A last-ditch effort by federal and state law enforcement authorities to hold Wall Street accountable for nearly bringing down the U.S. economy is unlikely to lead to any criminal charges against big bank executives, according to a source close to the investigation.

Barring a "hail mary pass," said the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the investigation is still ongoing, the members of a task force President Barack Obama formed in January to investigate fraud in the residential mortgage bond industry will instead most likely bring civil lawsuits against some of the ba
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

And so here we go again.

If you are a bankster, you can lie, steal, commit fraud of any scale, kill an innocent street walker with your new maserati, order police to guard your building if you see any undesirables polluting your nice entrance with their presence, buy congress #s by the bushel, senators on a discount, bankrupt entire nations by non-substantial derivatives, rob segregated client acccounts and laugh at your bribed congress bitch at official hearings on c-span.

Ahhh...the life of bankster..what a blast
Who could have thunk the revolting americans from the time of washington are making 2000 revs a minute in their graves from seeing this disgraced nation of sheep to slaughter.

As this great nation is going down like Titanic or the last days of Rome,

I would like to present the great speech by Chris Hedges - Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt. If you manage to listen to the first five minutes you ll be amazed that US still has clear minded speakers like him seeing through the thick fabric of lies produced by these thieves behind the scenes of Obama/Romney stage of fools and liars.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-9-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Wow I went into the wrong career field!

Why didn't they teach us this in school?

Go into banking or politics and get a "get out of jail" free card! I need to find my guidance counselor and have a chat with them...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lostmymarbles

Wow I went into the wrong career field!

Why didn't they teach us this in school?

Go into banking or politics and get a "get out of jail" free card! I need to find my guidance counselor and have a chat with them...

Stupid me studying Law, human rights, who needs that??... Knew I should have got my Aunt to get me a job at Meryll Lynch all those years ago

edit on 9-9-2012 by cartenz because: spelumagigamathing

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
18 year old kids with no history of criminal activity that are caught with what has been determined to be an illicit substance are filling up corporate owned prisons and used as cheap labor to add to the profit they are also making from taxes paid for by the waning middle class.... The Wall Street moguls and banksters are the ones that need to be incarcerated and also made to pay through the nose for the harm they are doing to the people of this country.... The politicians that take bribes and bribers "lobbyist" should also be incarcerated and lose everything they own like the poor people that were fixed up with loans that the people approving them knew that they didn't qualify for.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
No one will ever be punished while Wall St runs the country. And owns the Politicians. And owns you.
Rise up and take the power back.
The only solution is revolution.

Join your local Occupy - power in numbers in our only hope.

Or role over and let them suck you dry. Go find a nice card board box to live in. Up to you.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Is anyone really surprised at all over any of this?
The politicians are all bought and paid for so will NOT bite the hand that feeds them, and the banks know it. Just look at their buddy Corzine for a clear example of "Justice".

They all operate knowing what is going on and who is dirtier than who, so much so that the understanding has to be that if one falls, he is going to squeal to get a shorter sentence or no jail time at all. Thus, they ensure that nobody falls, mitigating the possibility of someone talking and bringing down the rest. It's the accepted status quo, so they are allowed to continue on their global financial rape and pillage, happy in the knowledge that they'll never get punished.

Another one they like to use is the "Deferred Prosecution Agreement". Under this fortunate little rule, even when found to be involved in fraud on a gargantuan scale and other illegal activites, such as laundering vast amounts in drug cartel cash, they agree to pay a big fine (small compared to the profits they made), promise not to be naughty again and walk without even having to admit any guilt, and certainly never seeing the inside of a court room. If only we could all expect the same kind of justice!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Pretty sad that this is the case huh.

I suppose I could still go for politics but I might not be corrupt or crooked or deceiving enough to last long in politics.

History has shown us that honest/open politicians seem to have a short life expectancy once they take office

But wow, this article really bummed me out and it's only going to get worse now that "they" know they can get away with this and only have to pay a fine with "tax payer" money.

What a slap to the face!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Surprised.... in a way. Disappointed and angry – everyone should be.

More protests will come from this decision (I hope) its just disgusting.

Mickierocksman
edit on 9/9/2012 by Mickierocksman because: EDIT TO VOMIT OVER DECISION.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
A smart man once said "give a man a gun and he can rob a bank but give a man a bank and he can rob the world".

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
More protests will come from this decision (I hope) its just disgusting.

Unfortunately that will not do a damn thing. It has gotten to the point now where a hardcore revolution is needed to straighten things out. When the situation is this deep the only feasible option is to burn it all down and start over.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

I say we need to occupy our 2nd Amendment rights and try these bankers in a people's court.
These bankers should be thrown together on a deserted island and left to feed off each other.
Where we can watch them tear each other limb from limb on tv!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
just because the banks are too big to fail dose not mean those at the top are too big to see their families suffer...not that i would advocate hurting my opponents family. just sayin ya know.
edit on 9-9-2012 by david99118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by david99118
just because the banks are too big to fail dose not mean those at the top are too big to see their families suffer...not that i would advocate hurting my opponents family. just sayin ya know.
edit on 9-9-2012 by david99118 because: (no reason given)

If you find out the richest families in US and post address and phone number on "we know where you live" page I can guarantee you they will be scared #less as people start to demonstrate outside their castles penthouses and call their homes night and day.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
18 year old kids with no history of criminal activity that are caught with what has been determined to be an illicit substance are filling up corporate owned prisons and used as cheap labor to add to the profit they are also making from taxes paid for by the waning middle class...

It gets worse. Obama has just decided that the individuals that were engaged in torture get a free pass (no prosecution). It's clear TPTB are probing just how far they can push before the common man pushes back.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

If you give criminals power over money they will extort you. If you give criminals power over government they will force the creation of laws that benefit them and harm you through extortion. If you try to put the criminals in jail they will cause an economic catastrophe. It's all about extortion.

Good to see many people see this for what it is.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I wish I could say I am surprised by this but truth is I would be surprised if they were to be brought up on any criminal charges much less get any jail time.

As far as protest I was involved in the occupy wall st movement for awhile and actually felt really good when we marched and closed down time sq for several hours.

Unfortunately we are just a joke to these bankers really we are not even a nuisance they have to deal with because they have NYPD in there pockets. So besides it taking them an extra few minutes to get into there office buildings it really has not had any effect. It's terrible to think that this is just the way things are and we should get use to it.

When the people in charge of prosecuting the criminals are in the pockets of the same criminals there will be no change..

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Thinking is not my strong suit,.... BUT.... Am I wrong to think this is B.S.??? I don't care if your a millionare, they put their pants on the same way I do. They are no different than the rest of us common folk. and as for not having room to put them, Put their a$$e$ in a concentration camp and make them work..... And we wonder why the US is in the shape its in.......(facepalm....)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
hey, instead of getting angry about it, just kick up a chair, put your feet up, grab a beer and watch rome burn.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join