Let's Ban Television!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Believe it or not, I have not watched television in nearly six years. Most of the things on the internet, I don't & will not look at. My internet usage consists of News, ATS, youtube(music), globalincidentmap ... I think that's all? As far as television goes, I'll watch the history channel or the military channel once in a blue moon, that's it. Nothing else. I need information, I need education, I need my brain. All of this crap that doesn't matter can exist with me not having to look at it, it's what it does to others that upsets me. We need to see with our own eyes, feel with our own hearts & use our own damn brains. Thanks to the television, and most of the web, the majority of the people cease to think for themselves. Come to think of it though, I've always been different. When I was younger, In middle school/highschool, I always got disgusted whenever a boy/girl got obsessed over any celebrity or fad they thought was "beyond cool.: Funny too because I was one of the popular ones.. I quickly escaped those zombies before they consumed me.
It's pretty obvious to me, without the studies.. how much television dumbs us down, PERIOD. I mean come on, you're telling me it takes a rocket scientist or something? Pfft.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lethalized
Believe it or not, I have not watched television in nearly six years. Most of the things on the internet, I don't & will not look at. My internet usage consists of News, ATS, youtube(music), globalincidentmap ... I think that's all? As far as television goes, I'll watch the history channel or the military channel once in a blue moon, that's it. Nothing else. I need information, I need education, I need my brain. All of this crap that doesn't matter can exist with me not having to look at it, it's what it does to others that upsets me. We need to see with our own eyes, feel with our own hearts & use our own damn brains. Thanks to the television, and most of the web, the majority of the people cease to think for themselves. Come to think of it though, I've always been different. When I was younger, In middle school/highschool, I always got disgusted whenever a boy/girl got obsessed over any celebrity or fad they thought was "beyond cool.: Funny too because I was one of the popular ones.. I quickly escaped those zombies before they consumed me.
It's pretty obvious to me, without the studies.. how much television dumbs us down, PERIOD. I mean come on, you're telling me it takes a rocket scientist or something? Pfft.

I was very different too when I was in school. I was actually the "outcast" though it didn't bother me one bit. I'd rather be by myself then be surrounded by a bunch of brain dead fools. Honestly, there shouldn't be NO other need for watching the T.V. or getting on the computer other then education and a need for the truth. Even at that you are still being tested by the commercials they put on T.V. Though this why people like my dad's dad always muted the commercials and read a book or something while waiting for the commercials to go off.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Makes me think of the Mike Teavee Song on the Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory (2005) movie, eeheee.

edit on 13-9-2012 by Arles Morningside because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

why not ban the web?? after all it is more world wide more interactive, more info and more see what you need, use, and or buy the only difference between the TV and the Web, TV you can not watch 5 shows at once, send email, and down load a program at the same time, with no commercials.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ruthlesstruth

Let's break this down sweetheart ok,

It's not about CHANGING, its about the well being of all HUMANITY,

We live in a world that constantly changes. We have been changing laws in the name of the "wellbeing of all humanity" for all of my life and I am close to a half-century old. During my lifetime AND in the name of what is best, I have watched this world sink into more misery, more wars, more bullying by the people who make rules for everyone but they seem to be exempt from. So sorry, those who claim to know what is best seem to be just using that premise for their benefit AND at the expense of others imo. This is what I observed.

so if someone is getting stabbed right in front of me as I pull up to a gas station am I suppose to turn and look the other way?

I don't know how you went from banning tv , to this statement. I also don't know how anything I said implicated turning a blind eye to defending someone who needs it either.
I wonder how you come up with your example...are you being melodramatic? Is this something that happened once to you, and are you claiming this is something that is common in your environment? I am originally from Chicago, I don't remember this being a daily concern. Where you hanging out honey?

Now understanding this people LIKE I and OTHERS who KNOW information like I do are suppose to not say nothing and do anything about people's minds being controlled??

Don't be vague with us, if you are going to make claims, support your statement so that it gives credibility. You know honey... we live our daily lives in this world too. You seem to claim to be privy about mind control but, say ban tvs.

Do you not see the disconnect here? How will those in power ban anything that helps them maintain control? If people see this mind control is happening through these outlets, people must decide in their own minds to cast off what is not good for them. We must remove our own chains, it doesn't make sense that those put these tools of control out there for us have any motive to remove them for us.

I think we are wise one because if we don't stand up for those people when they are in DANGER and NEED help but don't realize it, who will stand up for us when we are in trouble as individuals?

The moment you can make an argument that includes some common sense, I will see some wisdom in your words. So far, I only see fear, and fear distorts sound judgement and decision making. If you know history you would know that horrible things happened to people when fear took the driver's seat in decision making.

NO ONE because NO ONE CARES! GET IT! It's kind of like watching a special needs kid getting beat to his or her death without them realizing it.

A lot of people care.... You may be hanging with the wrong people. Look even here on this website, there are plenty of people who are concerned a bout the well being of humanity. Freedom is the answer not oppression. Have some faith in humanity, not everyone is out to stab and hurt people. It seems to me that most of the violence we are hearing about is government sponsored in some way to create the delusion that people are all bad and need controlled. Don't get sucked in to this delusion. Peace
edit on 13-9-2012 by OldSchoolMom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Let's just ban everything and be done with it.

Hell, let's just ban technology and live in caves.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Hell, let's just ban technology and live in caves.

lol... I know right. I think the issue is that there is something that happens, a transformation perhaps, that occurs to a human when they achieve a level of power over others. Because right now we see a group of people who once were holding picket signs in the 60s...claiming to want fairness for all etc.... that are now oppressing the same people that they were once earnestly fighting to free.

We have the technology that would reduce much stress that comes with the needs to survive. Yet, this technology is held hostage and used as a weapon against others by these same once noble people who have changed their original objectives from helping others to controlling and using them for their own selfish interests without regard to the blood that is shed.

Interesting indeed.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I am in agreement. T.V. has been banned from my home going on three years now. It's amazing how shockingly disturbing it is when you find yourself in front of one after such a long break. It is appalling.

Star for you. Well written post. Anyone who would argue may be lost already. It is only once you have cut it out of your life that you see its desensitizing affect. The likes of which can not be rivalled by any other source of media ("entertainment"), including the internet. Even the web can't compete because, although it contains more graphic and shocking things, it is the user who cherry-picks what he sees. Also, it is not ever-present in waiting rooms, bars, restaurants, etc....

After three years away from the tube, I am actually uncomfortable when social gatherings place me in front of one. The news is truly unsettling.

Philodemus
edit on 13-9-2012 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I agree. I haven't had cable or watched T.V. for most of my life. What I have noticed is that when I am subjected to it I instantly notice a very negative effect and can see the brain washing mind control blatantly. T.V. is abhorrent to me and I cannot even stand the energy it emenates.

I guess not having it in my life makes it really obvious as to what it really does to people and just how negatively it affects everyone. It is single handedly the most dumbing down tool I have ever witnessed.

Sadly, most of the world are literally plugged deeply inside it's spell.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

why not ban the web??

I'm sure you'll agree that the web is a very useful thing. People use it to exchange information, buy, sell, trade and participate in auctions, research various topics, run their businesses and a myriad other applications. The web is a useful tool, maybe the most useful one since the telephone – or the wheel.

Yes, it has many negative aspects as well, but most things do, don't they?

What is television for? Sales talk and vacuous entertainment. What are its benefits?

If there were some real individual or social benefits to TV (documentaries are not one; they are vastly inferior to printed educational materials in almost every way apart from the entertainment factor), then the arguments against eliminating it might be justified.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

We live in a world that constantly changes. We have been changing laws in the name of the "wellbeing of all humanity" for all of my life and I am close to a half-century old. During my lifetime AND in the name of what is best, I have watched this world sink into more misery, more wars, more bullying by the people who make rules for everyone but they seem to be exempt from. So sorry, those who claim to know what is best seem to be just using that premise for their benefit AND at the expense of others imo. This is what I observed.

You do realize that isn't what he meant? Of course the world changes, ironic it is too, seems that we keep running in circles as well.

I don't know how you went from banning tv , to this statement. I also don't know how anything I said implicated turning a blind eye to defending someone who needs it either.
I wonder how you come up with your example...are you being melodramatic? Is this something that happened once to you, and are you claiming this is something that is common in your environment? I am originally from Chicago, I don't remember this being a daily concern. Where you hanging out honey?

Again, you do realize he didn't mean that literally, don't you? Come on now..

Don't be vague with us, if you are going to make claims, support your statement so that it gives credibility. You know honey... we live our daily lives in this world too. You seem to claim to be privy about mind control but, say ban tvs.
You have got to be kidding me here.. There are plenty studies & facts out there, readily available. Why don't you go find out something for yourself. You're just defending television with your entire heart without using your brain to the fullest here. It's easy to feel this way about it, how about make things harder to figure out the truth on matters? Do you really believe these people who change things in the world sit around watching television?
For an example, why is this true for many people? "The more we are told what to eat, not eat, think, not think, and what kind of toilet tissue to use, we can just about stop thinking altogether…" and to some, like yourself.. I guess that is a good thing. Congrats.

Do you not see the disconnect here? How will those in power ban anything that helps them maintain control? If people see this mind control is happening through these outlets, people must decide in their own minds to cast off what is not good for them. We must remove our own chains, it doesn't make sense that those put these tools of control out there for us have any motive to remove them for us.
They can't. As long as there are millions like you around, they won't. Go ahead, suck it up & take it! So much for being evolved. If the veterans of yesterday thought the exact way you did, I wouldn't want to imagine how #ty things would be. Did they just look away? They cared about more than themselves. You're feeding the game they play. I know plenty of Freemason's. My grandfather, being one of them. They will tell you why all of these things are, the way they are. The one's with eyes will see. The rest are too foolish to see anything beyond their own life. No wonder things are so screwed up. Take some time to actually think about things. Do you really love everything in your house or did your television tell you to buy them. Or those trends? I hear trends are doing very well.

The moment you can make an argument that includes some common sense, I will see some wisdom in your words. So far, I only see fear, and fear distorts sound judgement and decision making. If you know history you would know that horrible things happened to people when fear took the driver's seat in decision making.
You have proven not even knowing what common sense is. What is your definition? I honestly didn't see any fear in what he says at all. I guess it's how you misinterpret things.

A lot of people care.... You may be hanging with the wrong people. Look even here on this website, there are plenty of people who are concerned a bout the well being of humanity. Freedom is the answer not oppression. Have some faith in humanity, not everyone is out to stab and hurt people. It seems to me that most of the violence we are hearing about is government sponsored in some way to create the delusion that people are all bad and need controlled. Don't get sucked in to this delusion. Peace
Okay, no point. This has nothing to do with what he said, at all.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lethalized

You do realize that isn't what he meant? Of course the world changes, ironic it is too, seems that we keep running in circles as well.

The problem here is that it is easy to misinterpret someones words without knowing the person. There are many who want to tackle the same problems with the same failed solutions..thus that running in circles as you mention. That is how I took it.

Again, you do realize he didn't mean that literally, don't you? Come on now..

Again, I would hope not, but..as I said above, we have a segment of the population who do parrot more control in an already over regulated world. *shrugs

You have got to be kidding me here.. There are plenty studies & facts out there, readily available. Why don't you go find out something for yourself. You're just defending television with your entire heart without using your brain to the fullest here. It's easy to feel this way about it, how about make things harder to figure out the truth on matters? Do you really believe these people who change things in the world sit around watching television? For an example, why is this true for many people? "The more we are told what to eat, not eat, think, not think, and what kind of toilet tissue to use, we can just about stop thinking altogether…" and to some, like yourself.. I guess that is a good thing. Congrats.

Sweetheart, I guess you can understand how easily words can get misinterpreted...I haven't been a TV person for over 20 years. My point was it must be the person's individual choice to not watch or indulge in mechanisms that distract us or influence us against our own best interests. It is not something that can be forced. I am pretty sure I use my brain darling...if you had used yours you might have realized the point I was making. *shrugs

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join