It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hang Drum = WOW

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
these things are expensive. i want one day.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

ThEy are indeed beautiful and amazing instruments. Its important to note ythey are not a "drum" and to call them one is simple an insult. I was fortunate to have a chance to play one one time during my travels in India. Truly a magical instrument/sculpture.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CrippledAhole

What is the correct description or term then for this instrument ? Just 'Hang' only ?

My original title for this thread was ' I want to Hang myself - I feel so alive ', but I got no hits, which suggested nobody could appreciate my twisted humour.

I am so jealous that you have played one of these.

I'm not a professional drummer but I am constantly tapping my fingers and palms on different objects and surfaces to generate a 'sound'

I can really see myself 'going off' with one of these amazing instruments.

Thanks,

* Ned

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Oh my GOD, I stumbled on this instrument just a while ago. I'm absolutely captivated by it, it's so very ethereal

This man's song practically hypnotized me, I listened to it for almost 45 minutes, over and over again. It's that "ethereal-ness" I mentioned that he has a grasp on.

I listened to this man's song several times in a row, it's amazing as well.

edit on 9/15/2012 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
ok .. I know this sounds wierd.. but I swear I've heard this song before.. and I'm not joking.. and this is the first time I've heard it..

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I admit, I've totally shot my day to crap listening to as much Hang music as I could find, and abusing the repeat button on YT. In immersing myself in this music, I noticed something odd after a bit that I need to ask.

I'm using ear buds (bad for the ears, I know) However...am I the only one using ear buds/headphones who can literally feel this music in my bones? I swear I can feel every little nuance in the notes all the way down through my toes, complete with the little pauses and such in the songs. I've never had any other type of music do this before, and I've had these ear buds a long time.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Hey Ned, just discovered this thread of yours now and all I can say is 'wow!!!'

That instrument is beautiful and the girl in ur first vid is amazing. If you do discover where to get one of these let me know. I want one too

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

Thanks for this page, it is great to learn more about these instruments and watch the community grow. I bought a double-side D#13 tankdrum from Tankdrum.com a few months ago and everyone loves it even though I am not the best player. I researched these instruments extensively upon purchasing, but I ended up getting a tankdrum and I am so glad I did! Anyway, here is a link to a drum like mine (not me in the video) in case you would like to hear a tankdrum in action. Hope this info helps someone out who is making the same decision I just made. All the best.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 3-4-2013 by rainbowbriteni because: video was not embedded

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join