It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you actually have a BOB, BOV, and BOL???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
1) How many of you actually have a BOB ready at all times by the door so you can grab it and go?

2) have a BOV, that has say 4x4 or AWD room enough to sleep in and sleeping gear and fuel for say 1000kms

3) and a BOL that you could go to at anytime fully stocked and ready in case of an emergency?

I'm just curious as to how many have this kind of stuff. Whether they think it's even necessary or just being paranoid. I guess in the idea world it would be good to have some of these as a back up. I can't say yes to all but one day I'd like to.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I have a BOB in the closet by the door ready to go at all times. Mainly because I live on the coast so if there were ever a tsunami or anything I could just grab it and head up into the mountains as quickly as possible. I don't have a BOV or L though I do think they are both a good idea.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Celestial1
I have a BOB in the closet by the door ready to go at all times. Mainly because I live on the coast so if there were ever a tsunami or anything I could just grab it and head up into the mountains as quickly as possible. I don't have a BOV or L though I do think they are both a good idea.

maybe what you should have is a bug out sail boat

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I don't understand this mentality.
When everybody runs for the hills, well, everybody will be running for the hills, getting stuck in traffic, having to abandon their vehicles, running out of food, and having to compete with everyone else that is absolutely swarming these magical hills that everyone seems to want to run to.

In the mean time, some folks will be living the high life, looting everything you left behind, setting up fortified defensible positions, and fall back positions with caches spread all over the place.

Your best advantage is on your home ground.
Stand your ground and hold it.

Unless, of course, you got volcano, tsunami, or some other sort of physical localized disaster.
Localized disasters, yes, I can see running.
The every body panic and run for the hills because TS just HTF, has always hit me as ridiculous.

Why not run for the coast? Grab a sailboat (no petrol needed), and you can get to anywhere else on the planet relatively trouble free without the competition for resources you will have on land.

Eh.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I have 6 months supply of water for a family of three that has been rotated on a regular basis...lets barter,when the time comes.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I am ready, willing and able with everything I and my family needs.

My family is not as convinced as I am of a coming collapse so I have just sent them maps to where we should meet in a SHTF scenario. When they arrive, they each have a BOB for themselves.

It's not too difficult to set up if you think of the number of people and what eace needs. Coming together will incorporate everything that everyone has into one cache for survival of all.

I have probably missed many necessities but at least 10 others can have a fighting chance with my wife and I.

Peace

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
nope... have no need nor use for all that rubbish ...
find it quite amusing that people over there think they have to have tons of everything including the kitchen sink to survive...

if / when things ever do go pear shaped over there all the roads exiting cities and surrounding areas going to have alot of corpses with tons of useless junk on them...
if your still in a city at this point in time your already too late... may as well fortify where your at and hope for the best...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Affirmative to all three questions with the exception that I don't have a 1000km range on my BOV due to that being unnecessary, it can make it to my BOL and points in-between and that's about all I need really. Unlike what a lot of people advocate with relocating to the woods I'm merely doubling up with people who already live in such a setting year round.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I refuse to have a BOB.

I think if you rely on a BOB your already dead. Instead, I have knowledge in my head. As long as my head is still on my shoulders, I can find/make anything I would stick in a Bob.

I have been through enough hurricanes where we were not prepared for what was to happen. We learned to survive and know how to do it again. Being able to find or make your survival tools, and being comfortable doing so gives you an advantage your neighbors won't have.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

How are you supposed to Stand your ground if there's a nuclear threat or thousands of ground troops occupying your neighborhood ! For myself I have a small bug out bag , knives , fire starter, first aid in my jeep TJ , it's my daily driver. I also have a ATV . I will be heading up to my camp first sign of trouble !

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
heres my survival gear in a nut shell

big knife, small knife, campers axe, sharpening stone for the survival knifes a small wool blanket to wrap sharp stuff in and a tarp
thats bout it
location but its just land no survival caches otw

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

I like your way of thinking !! If a real shtf scenario happens without any warning I think less is more !! You won't have time to run around taking stock of all the stuff to pack and load up !

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I have a BOB that is also my "survival camping" equipment. So it's always packed and ready to go. The only thing I need to add every time I use my kit is fresh water. I also try to rotate the food I keep in my BOB so that whatever I have in there always has a long shelf life.

I also have a BOL, but don't want to say too much about it for obvious reasons.

I don't have a BOV, but then again, I can't drive legally and as I used to live in London, I never saw the need for a car as the public transport there is second to none.

Rev

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I usually question peoples' reasons for wanting to know what others
are doing to prepare for any type of shtf scenario.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I got a bob in the closet. I think it's dumb not to have one. It really opened my eyes when the cheveron plant blew up 30miles from me and locals had to evacuate due to a toxic smoke cloude come there why.

Also have a BOL that is constantly being upgrade.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
my wife has several bobs, and plenty of batteries

oh wait bug out bag, sorry my mind went to the gutter

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I have all three plus places to go with maps printed and given to family and friend who have skills that are use full. Each map is in order of impotence. In other words if I'm not here bu this date I will be at this location. If ime at none of them write me off.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I have none

I hope to have a BOB in the near future though! I live in central Adelaide, I moved here from the other side of Australia. I am not very familiar with my surroundings, but I am slowly learning!

Let's hope I survive!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I have a BOB, although I plan on staying where I am if SHTF. My BOB is, honestly, packed mostly in case of severe weather and if I have to go to our shelter I'd like to be able to have the things I need to survive comfortable in case we're trapped in it for a while.

With that being said, I'll be moving into a city area next year and I've already begun mentally preparing myself for what I would need to do to get to my BOL (which is where I am right now) and looking into a BOV. I'm not willing to sit in a big city while everything goes to Hades when my BOL is only 3 hours from where I will be living.

All in all it's never a bad thing to be prepared to bad things to happen. Having a stock pile of food for the end of the world is fantastic but it's also going to be fantastic when there's a big ice storm and you can't get to the store for a few days. Having a BOB is great to have if you have to leave the house because of a natural disaster. I think most of this stuff should have multipurpose uses in case the zombies/aliens/government/Cthulhu don't show up at your door.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

If you have a decent BOL go for it, but don't take main roads ever. If you don't then yes stay put I'd say. Ya if you knew how to sail you could go anywhere, but I have heard it's very dangerous too. Especially to try and sail by yourself it's only for professionals, so that's probably out for most people unless you stayed very close to shore but then you might hit bottom quit easy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join