It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel could reoccupy parts of Gaza Strip.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

The army could conquer and control the Gaza Strip today if the government orders such an operation, Defense Minister Ehud Barak said on Friday.

“If the cabinet will want the IDF to conquer and control Gaza, this is something that is possible today if it is deemed fit,” Barak said, speaking at a conference at the Fisher Brothers Institute for Air and Space Strategic Studies in Herzliya

Source: www.jpost.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Oh good lord... Duct tape has 1001 uses. I have discovered # 1002. There is a certain defense minister that could be prevented from starting a WAR if his lips are simply closed for awhile, in some serious way. Hmm.... Yes.. that would be the 1,002nd use! Preventing war!

What is this idiot thinking? OF COURSE Israel could retake parts of Gaza. Israel could retake the whole friggen thing in a weekend if they wanted to be brutal enough. What's Mr. Obvious's point here, aside from seriously pissing off Hamas in Gaza City??? I mean Gaza is a little territory, Israel is a mighty NATION. This is not a comparison. What a total moron.

Of course, the other possibility is worse and he isn't a moron but trying to get Hamas to provoke a new fight out of Gaza.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Oh good lord... Duct tape has 1001 uses. I have discovered # 1002. There is a certain defense minister that could be prevented from starting a WAR if his lips are simply closed for awhile, in some serious way. Hmm.... Yes.. that would be the 1,002nd use! Preventing war!

What is this idiot thinking? OF COURSE Israel could retake parts of Gaza. Israel could retake the whole friggen thing in a weekend if they wanted to be brutal enough. What's Mr. Obvious's point here, aside from seriously pissing off Hamas in Gaza City??? I mean Gaza is a little territory, Israel is a mighty NATION. This is not a comparison. What a total moron.

Of course, the other possibility is worse and he isn't a moron but trying to get Hamas to provoke a new fight out of Gaza.

That is exactly what he is doing, bringing the hiding rats from their holes to the surface for liquidation.

Its a good idea no?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by morethanyou

In isolation and in different times? Perhaps....

The problem is, if he stops and looks when it's real dark outside, he'll see those beady little rat eyes blinking back at him in 3 of the 4 points of the compass around Israel. Thumping on Gaza at this particularly moment in time would be terminally stupid to the point of suicidal insanity. They're getting away with the tit-for-tat counter-attacks, but a major offensive? I predict they meet real troops wearing Egyptian uniforms before they get all the way to the border checkpoints. Just my thought. He's playing with matches in a dynamite factory.

new topics

top topics

join