It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia moves to buy $3b spy drone fleet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
These are to search for asylum seeker boats not for illegal immigrant boats. This tells me that they are likely to be used for other purposes unless of course they are going to search for boats filled with potential cheap workers who will drive down wages, way outside of Australia's territorial waters so they can go and get them, bring them inside Australia's territorial waters so they can be 'saved' and brought ashore to ensure they make it into Australia.

Lin to Source

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by learnatic
These are to search for asylum seeker boats not for illegal immigrant boats. This tells me that they are likely to be used for other purposes unless of course they are going to search for boats filled with potential cheap workers who will drive down wages, way outside of Australia's territorial waters so they can go and get them, bring them inside Australia's territorial waters so they can be 'saved' and brought ashore to ensure they make it into Australia.

Lin to Source

That's a pretty big assumption!

Looks like they are just trying to survey and secure their waters/borders with the latest technology.

I'm sure ages ago when nations purchased binoculars for their work, there were people who went to the extreme and thought of the worst ways said binoculars could be used.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
To be entirely honest, it just looks like part of the United States of Australia's
bigger line of defense against further Asian expansion.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DelegateZero88

With an impending global meltdown on the way its certainly a big investment we don't need as we are not directly threatened by anyone accept the enemies we have created in the middle east.

Sometimes I suspect there is government above government and ours is simply doing as they are told.

We were told we had agreed to an international trade agreement with the U.S after it was a done deal bar a couple of sticky points regarding big paharma issues then we get told that the U.S was going to set up a base after it too was a done deal, now now we find out about this deal before the government informs us.
If we the people own and control the government then one would think that our servants would seek our permission before they enter into arrangements with other counteries.

Being told about them after they are done deals are indications that the government answers to someone else not we the people so I still suspect that these drone are far more likely to be used against us than for us.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I live in Australa and Australia can kiss my butt. What a waste of money and just to find a few foreigners who are breaking the law in international waters.. I can think of better places where that money could be sent (INSIDE) our country whch could actually benefit Australian people. The government here is nothing more than a comedy show.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by learnatic

I'm sorry to say this but Aussie people are very passive when it comes to government and the government can pretty much do what ever they feel here... Its our own fault if they were to use this technology against us. Australia is becomng one big police state and when I say that, worse than what it is now.

new topics

top topics

join