It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advertising tricks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I read everything medical I find to analyze what medical science is saying. I also study vitamins and mineral deficiencies and symptoms. I have no degrees, just interest. I look at what is being said and also if there is a motive for why it is being said. I'm posting this article to teach people how to see what is really being taught. Many here are aware of these things already. It is important to look at things we see in society as a whole, don't take it apart and judge the pieces. Although the article seems to have good intentions, I do not feel that the reason is what we led to believe. Some of the things that are said in this article are real but I can give many reasons for these problems other than just the ones they say. The other reasons are not a reason for concern. The last paragraph on each slide has a common theme.

What is the real reason this article was published? health.yahoo.net...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I read everything medical I find to analyze what medical science is saying. I also study vitamins and mineral deficiencies and symptoms. I have no degrees, just interest. I look at what is being said and also if there is a motive for why it is being said. I'm posting this article to teach people how to see what is really being taught. Many here are aware of these things already. It is important to look at things we see in society as a whole, don't take it apart and judge the pieces. Although the article seems to have good intentions, I do not feel that the reason is what we led to believe. Some of the things that are said in this article are real but I can give many reasons for these problems other than just the ones they say. The other reasons are not a reason for concern. The last paragraph on each slide has a common theme.

Does not judging it a "whole" require taking it a part piece by piece to accurately make a judgement?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Holy # man....You talk you self into circles . Most of your post makes sense, only if you know the english language, and if you do it makes little to no sense...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

You have to analyze everything you read in part and whole to find intention or motive.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

You have to analyze everything you read in part and whole to find intention or motive.

But this only works if you actually take everything for what it is and not try to looks at things from a bias angle.

Too many people here and everywhere think they are analyzing things when they are merely trying to see how they can use it to their advantage. Case in point: sometimes there is no "intention or motive."

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
i found it interesting enough for a s&f you learn something new every day

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Didn't it jump out at anyone that the underlying purpose of the article I referenced was to get people to worry and go see a doctor? If one thousand people go to the doctor from this article it is a lot of money. Nine hundred fifty would have wasted money.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisBickle451

Everything done usually has intention or motive. There is almost always a reason why we do something whether we realize it or not. Not all intentions or motives are bad, some are good. It is also in how we perceive good, it may good for one person and bad for another.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

the underlying purpose of the article I referenced was to get people to worry and go see a doctor? If one thousand people go to the doctor from this article it is a lot of money.

Not all intentions or motives are bad, some are good. It is also in how we perceive good, it may good for one person and bad for another.

Okay...exactly. Everything is subjective, but this also means there is room for bias.

But going by your first quote, do you think it's bad to go see a doctor? Sure, as this article said, you may be able to test for some things yourself. But is it really horrible to pay a knowledgeable professional to confirm or refute your concerns?

So I don't see the article as a way to "scare" the reader to go see a doctor.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I read this article earlier today and honestly I felt a little freaked out. I did the fingernail thing and no diamond.. I finally just decided that it was impossible for anyone to have that diamond or I was doing it wrong.

Yahoo does put articles out like this to fear monger and sway public opinion all the time. All you have to do is read the comments to know many people are not fooled buy these articles. This one doesn't allow comments though.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

How do you like the instructions on the fingernail thing. It took me and my wife a while to figure out what they were talking about, especially confusing things was the picture placed in the article that had nothing to do with the instructions. I think the Chinese wrote that set of instructions.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisBickle451

If a person worries, the chemistry of the mind and body is effected. It's not bad to see a doctor for a physical once a year or so and to go there when you get sick where your body can't fight it. Usually it takes a day or so for your body to start fighting something. I know people who worry about sicknesses being around and are going to the doctor at the first sniffle. The doctors office waiting area is a good place to get sick also, why run into danger if you don't have to.

II see a necessity for doctors, but if you keep running to them sooner or later you will be tagged by the doctor giving you antidepressants. Then your concerns may get ignored even if they are real.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I read your thread last night, and today while I was catching up on some mail, I saw this article by Drs. Oz and Roizen. It is the exact same thing that your thread was about, as it mentions two different at home tests, then at the end of each test it tells you that you can tell or go see your doctor.

The tests were the Swallow check and the Eyebrow test. I tried them, and so did a friend, and I do not see how a regular person would be able to do some of these tests. If we did not know better, both of us would have made appointments to see the doc. I try to avoid doctors, and use natural remedies when I can. You are correct, that you can get sick just going to a doctors office or a hospital and that is why I do not like to go.

For some reason I could not link to my local paper, so this is the same story from another source.

Link
edit on 9-9-2012 by PacificBlue because: can't spell

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PacificBlue

Hey, pretty interesting site there, kind of a waste of time though. Thyroid not working right, I have many suggestions. Stop consuming too much fluoride foods, they have been fluoridating everything. Stop eating foods high in bromides, breads made with bromate bleaching. Stop eating broccoli and cauliflower without cooking them well, they are goiterinagens unless well cooked. they block iodine in the thyroid. Take a multimineral pill. Eat more salt, salt is necessary in the body, especially if you pee a lot or sweat a lot. If you bloat when you eat salt and don't pee than take a multivitamin, the B12 may be deficient in your body and B12 is a diuretic also.. If you pee a lot and are constipated, eat a magnesium pill. Of course you will now need to eat more iodine. so eat kelp pills or potassium iodine pills or just put a few drops of tincture of Iodine in your bathwater. Or get a bottle of tincture of Iodine to put on scrapes and cuts.

There are many imbalances that can cause the thyroid to slow down. Stomach acid is needed and it can be low if you are low on salt. That is why they put iodine mixed with salt in the first place. Trouble is they were adding a cheap grade of iodine before that wasn't absorbable. I think they were supposed to fix that already.

I'm not there to look after you, you are. Research yourself what I say about these things. It's all out there, none of this knowledge is my own, others gave me this knowledge on the net and in books. try small changes in your eating habits, look for clarity of the mind and maybe a little more energy added, it takes about eight hours to reach full absorption in the body. Only you can help yourself to regain clarity of mind. Watch over consumption of benzoates and foods containing propylene glycol, they screw up energy uptake in areas of the mind and body. They do make you feel more content though, as does chocolate, a relative of benzoates. But chocolate is good if your blood pressure spikes up, it dilates the blood vessels to bring down blood pressure. Remember this property about benzoates or Balsam of Peru containing foods, rootbeer or cream soda can be good medicine sometimes. Gotta go to the doctor and afraid he's going to complain about your BP....have a chocolate bar before you go in

edit on 9-9-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I agree that this article seems designed to get people to go see a doctor. If we just learned to supplement properly with essential vitamins and minerals, much of the doctor's visits could be prevented. Just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

join