It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Pentagon?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Can yo tell me why anyone would confiscate all the tapes and not let anyone see them. Just speculate if you like..........

Private property. Also, part of an ongoing investigation. The tapes were acquired not so much to determine if there happened to be video of Flight 77 crashing into the Pentagon but to see who may have been hanging around as witnesses. As you may well be aware some terrorists love to videotape their murderous practises.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Why the Pentagon?

1. Military HQ of the US
2. Largest building in Washington DC
3. strategically perfect target when pulling the wool over the publics eyes.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
one thing i just never understood about 9-11-01 is why the pentagon, and not the white house.

with all the thought , time, and money put into the attacks of 9-11, why would they have hit the pentagon when the whitehouse just seems like an easier, and more appealing target .

All right, let's try an experiment. Here is an aerial view of Washington D.C (scroll down to the bottom of the page). For the sake of the exercise, click off the SHOW LABELS check box in the upper right corner

Aerial view of Washington D.C.

Click the zoom scroll bar a few times so that you can see the outlines of the building properly. You are now seeing the same aerial view of the Washington skyline that the pilots saw. You now have three minutes (the time it took from flight 77 to enter the Washington beltway until it struck the Pentagon) to see which you find first- the White House or the Pentagon. I guaranree that you'll find the Pentagon first because of the building's unique shape.

Those 9/11 conspiracy theorists web sites go out of their way to promote their spooky scary alternative history as the reasons for this, but simple logic proves that while up in the air over Washington, there isn't any map ledger explaining what each building was. To the hijackers zipping by at 400 MPH, the White House was just another square building in a landscape of square buildings, particularly when they only had seconds before flying by the thing. The Pentagon on the other hand is VERY noticable, and from the angle of their entry into Washington, even if their primary target had been the US Capitol building and even if they managed to spot iT from the air, by the time they turned around to line up on it they would have been lining up on an attack vector the Pentagon whether they meant to or not.

Personally, I think the White House and the Capitol were their original high publicity targets, with the WTC being secondary targets for good terrorist measure, but the WTC wound up unintentionally taking center stage because one plane couldn't find its original target while another didn't get to Washington at all.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

The official story is that the Plane that crashed over Pennsylvania was headed for the White House. What I'd like to know is why the countless missile batteries that guard the airspace over the Pentagon didn't seem to notice the airliner headed right for the building.

That's just another conspiracy myth floating around the internet. The Pentagon only had missile batteries deployed there a year after the 9/11 attack, and specifically because of the 9/11 attack:

CNN September 2002: Pentagon arms missile batteries around D.C.

Besides, planes are constantly flying right by the Pentagon over the Potomac on their way to land at Reagan every two or three minutes or so (go to Washington and you'll see this for yourself) so there is no "airspace" for the Pentagon to guard anyway.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Obviously, these were orders to NOT shoot down the planes.

Naughty naughty! The full transcript of what Mineta said was:

"MR. HAMILTON: We thank you for that. I wanted to focus just a moment on the Presidential Emergency Operating Center. You were there for a good part of the day. I think you were there with the vice president. And when you had that order given, I think it was by the president, that authorized the shooting down of commercial aircraft that were suspected to be controlled by terrorists, were you there when that order was given?

MR. MINETA: No, I was not. I was made aware of it during the time that the airplane coming into the Pentagon. There was a young man who had come in and said to the vice president, "The plane is 50 miles out. The plane is 30 miles out." And when it got down to, "The plane is 10 miles out," the young man also said to the vice president, "Do the orders still stand?" And the vice president turned and whipped his neck around and said, "Of course the orders still stand. Have you heard anything to the contrary?" Well, at the time I didn't know what all that meant. And --

MR. HAMILTON: The flight you're referring to is the --

MR. MINETA: The flight that came into the Pentagon.

MR. HAMILTON: The Pentagon, yeah.

MR. MINETA: And so I was not aware that that discussion had already taken place. But in listening to the conversation between the young man and the vice president, then at the time I didn't really recognize the significance of that. And then later I heard of the fact that the airplanes had been scrambled from Langley to come up to DC, but those planes were still about 10 minutes away. And so then, at the time we heard about the airplane that went into Pennsylvania, then I thought, "Oh, my God, did we shoot it down?" And then we had to, with the vice president, go through the Pentagon to check that out.

MR. HAMILTON: Let me see if I understand. The plane that was headed toward the Pentagon and was some miles away, there was an order to shoot that plane down.

MR. MINETA: Well, I don't know that specifically, but I do know that the airplanes were scrambled from Langley or from Norfolk, the Norfolk area. But I did not know about the orders specifically other than listening to that other conversation.

MR. HAMILTON: But there very clearly was an order to shoot commercial aircraft down.

MR. MINETA: Subsequently I found that out. "

So Mineta was clearly saying there WAS an order to shoot commercial aircraft down, which is literally the exact opposite of what you're claiming. Sorry, but "Does the order still stand" doesn't remotely mean the same thing as "stand down order".

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Rather than either the Pentagon or the White House, had I been in charge I would have hit the C I A headquarters building.

This would have been the best "pay back" for any beef bin Laden could have had with the American government.

It would have also crippled the entire U S intelligence network world wide.

Yes, hindsight is 20-20, but so is planning ahead if you know the message you want to send.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

Watch all 9 parts of this, as I have (twice, to make sure I understood it) It shows the official story is not possible. It contains interviews with police officers who confirmed (with no knowledge of the official story) that the plane was not where it was said to have been. And a dozen other people who all say the same thing.

It shows that it was not possible for the plane to have descended from the altitude given by the NTSB to the point where it struck the Pentagon. Physically impossible. "Ye can'ne change the laws of physics, Jim" ;O)

This is nothing but nonsense those Pilots for 9/11 truth are pushing out, and as you recall, they're the ones who invaded ATS recently to instigate phony strawman trolling for their own financial gain that caused the place to be shut down to begin with. Not exactly a credible source of information.

The real evidence of eyewitness accounts, ground damage, and aircraft wreckage trumps the wishful thinking of some self serving conspiracy web site. Please review:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

Can yo tell me why anyone would confiscate all the tapes and not let anyone see them. Just speculate if you like..........

Private property. Also, part of an ongoing investigation. The tapes were acquired not so much to determine if there happened to be video of Flight 77 crashing into the Pentagon but to see who may have been hanging around as witnesses. As you may well be aware some terrorists love to videotape their murderous practises.

Exactly. Everybody on the conspiracy scene seems to assume that the purpose of confiscating security camera tapes was to get evidence for the plane theory. The more interesting possiblity concerning local gas stations hotels, etc would be to see who was suspiciously hanging around the parking lot or staying in a room with a view toward the pentagon, or otherwise showing any indication of foreknowledge of the events.

We don't know that they didn't find anything of interest from the security tapes. If they had found something significant regarding 'persons of interest', that information would have been used in counterintelligence operations, and thus be a national security issue. there would be no reason to potentially tip off suspects by releasing the tapes....

And if the tapes show nothing but people filling up their gas tanks and having coffee in the hotel lobby, there would also be no reason to release the tapes, as they show nothing but everyday Americans going about their jobs and daily routines and reacting to the unfolding attacks.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

There's no "naughty naughty". The transcript you provided changes nothing.

Its clear that the representative is either clueless or that he's intentionally disregarding what hes being told.

The "young man" approached Cheney multiple times and asked if the "order" still stands.

This tells us two things, first, that they were watching something approaching the Pentagon (plane or otherwise) and second, that the "order" did not change. If at the time of that conversation, at that particular location, there was an order to shoot down the plane, it would have been shot down! They had multiple opportunities to do it.

So the only logical conclusion is that Cheney ordered them to NOT SHOOT DOWN the approaching target.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

If at the time of that conversation, at that particular location, there was an order to shoot down the plane, it would have been shot down! They had multiple opportunities to do it..

Care to tell us all about these "multiple opportunities" that you claim that they had?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Thanks for that video. Kind of makes my point. There is no way it is possible for there to be minor damage, and no broken windows, where the tail fin and wing tips hit the building. Not possible.

Any way - we are off topic. This thread is not about if/what hit the Pentagon, it is about WHY it was chosen as a target by whoever was responsible. So, in an effort to keep this thread on track I will refrain from any further conversation of this type. Feel free to start a new thread if you would like to discuss this further.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

just reading your signature
fellow dyslexicccccccccccc

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Why the Pentagon and not the White House?

That's an easy one.

The White House had no Navy Command Center in it.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

This tells us two things, first, that they were watching something approaching the Pentagon (plane or otherwise) and second, that the "order" did not change. If at the time of that conversation, at that particular location, there was an order to shoot down the plane, it would have been shot down! They had multiple opportunities to do it.

OR, it meant this was the first time in history that the US consciously and deliberately shot down its own passenger plane and killed innocent American civilians to prevent hijackers from causing even more death and destruction, and the people with their fingers on the trigger wanted to make damned sure they had clear and present orders for them to destroy it.

So the only logical conclusion is that Cheney ordered them to NOT SHOOT DOWN the approaching target.

So what part of "there very clearly was an order to shoot commercial aircraft down" leads you to logically conclude Cheney ordered them not to shoot down the approaching target? Please, explain that one to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think this thread has comments proving that a plane did hit the Pentagon.

I think if you watch Daniel Hopsicker's
It proves that 9/11 was a CIA conspiracy and the hijackers were double agents CIA and probably patsies like Oswald.

False flag operations are the M.O. of the intelligence agencies.

It is supposed to be a "double bind" of confusion and so the left brain shuts down and so the will power of the people can be taken away - -just like some perv trying to "hit on" somebody to suck their energy off -- you first hypnotize the person using lower chakra electromagnetic energy and this takes away their left brain reasoning because the person's spirit is sucked down to their lower chakras. Then you take away their will power using absurdity -- this then creates submission as fear and seducement.

So 9/11 did that to the whole U.S. so that people say they WANT to travel in airports where they have to take off their shoes and get their private parts revealed on a scanner and get fondled by the government.

I have only flown once since 9/11 and that was more than enough for me. The Boston TSA thought I was wearing a "hoodie" on my drivers license photo and so I was maybe a gang member. I had to explain that it's very cold in Minnesota and I had a snow hat on -- and she couldn't believe I was able to take my drivers license photo like that. haha. Well in MInnesota Nature is in control because of the extreme weather -- we learn the real truth that Nature is in control -- comfort over fashion, etc.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
So what part of "there very clearly was an order to shoot commercial aircraft down" leads you to logically conclude Cheney ordered them not to shoot down the approaching target? Please, explain that one to me.

Because they watched it approach as it was "50 miles, 30 miles and 10 miles out" and it wasnt shot down...

Obviously.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Because they watched it approach as it was "50 miles, 30 miles and 10 miles out" and it wasnt shot down...

And exactly who was in a position to shoot it down?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Exactly how long do you think a jet airliner takes to travel 40 miles? For what it's worth, I am under the impression they were actually reporting a radar track projection instead of an actual return, and there was no actual plane even if anything was in place to shoot it down.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Two pressing questions: How did world trade center 7 freefall, when it was never struck by a plane (47 stories tall)? How could a plane that is four stories tall fit into a first floor hole? I've seen the original pictures from the panetagon "site". The wall that collapsed was perfectly fine right after the "impact". Something still smells to this day.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
I've seen the original pictures from the panetagon "site". The wall that collapsed was perfectly fine right after the "impact". Something still smells to this day.

You will first need the OS believers to refute the many experienced pilots who point to the near impossible task of piloting a 757 in a controlled turning descent, (instead of just going straight at the Pentagon) and lining up for the target at over 800 KPH, and finally leveling off for the final quarter mile or so at just above ground level to make the hit on the area of the pentagon that was under construction and sparsely populated. Again, at over 500 MPH, nearly 5 times the landing speed of this plane, the inexperienced "pilots" are said to have manuevered this plane in a manner that many seasoned pilots with thousands of hours in the air say is impossible at those speeds. You dont attempt to level off at over 800 KPH without tearing the wings off the plane. Even trying to keep the plane pitched and facing down would have been huge task at the speeds we are talking about. The pilot would have been doing everything he could just to keep the plane from attempting to climb, the plane is not designed to do what they say it did that day.
edit on 11-9-2012 by crawdad1914 because: clarification

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join