It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Pentagon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
One of the planes WAS heading for the White House, according to the "official report".

White House wouldn't really have made sense though, flying one into The Capitol would have made a much broader statement.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
First of all, the area of the pentagon hit had records on where billions of dollars of missing money was spent.

If they had records on where the missing money was spent, it wasn't really missing, was it?

Why the Pentagon? It is a large, well-known, symbolic target associated with the US Armed Forces. It is much bigger than the White House, the Capitol, or any other building of similar prestige in the DC area, meaning the trained but untried suicide pilots had a better chance of hitting it. It is also near an airport, which might have provided some camouflage for an incoming suicide plane.

The readily visible (and symbolically important) parts of the White House are the living quarters and ceremonial spaces. Only the West Wing has substantial policy-making offices, and it is much smaller than the main residence and has significantly less symbolic value. Neither choice would be satisfactory. The Pentagon is symbolic and through-and-through operational. Hitting any part of it would create the symbolic effect and affect the execution of US policy (but not as much as they thought).

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
flight 93 was headed fo the white house

the pilots were very raw and needed targets they could see easily and recognize and were symbols of american culture and power

like the pentagon

You, I think are right. I was downtown DC that day and the word on the street was Whitehouse or Capitol. The Nat Geo program last night said the target was the Pentagon but it think it was the Whitehouse. The White house is actually very small compared to the Pentagon and it's hidden in the trees kind of... Besides, the plane sped up to over 500 mile and hour. He saw the pentagon and made the dive. If you look at the path, the whitehouse is pretty much in line from his angle of attack but when he saw the Pentagon, he took it....

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

They did notice:

Obviously, these were orders to NOT shoot down the planes.

edit on 9-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

And yet this flimsy building was enough to completely disintegrate an entire aircraft and two 6 tone engines to the point that nothing was left of them? Riiiight! And there was no damage to the walls on either side of this whole, like where did the wings hit? Not even a broken pane of glass? Riiiiight

While were no interior walls there were numerous reinforced concrete columns which hacked the plane to
pieces as it slid through the building

As for "missing jet engines"

www.aerospaceweb.org...

Both engines (or what what was left) were recovered from inside the pentagon

Broken windows?

The windows in the Pentagon had been replaced by blast proof windows as protection from truck bombs

A reasonably forceful blast from any close point along the Pentagon's surrounding network of public roads would create broad personnel risk inside the outermost of the building's five concentric office rings and could cause severe property and structural damage as well. According to Evey, "The Renovation Office recognized this shortcoming and was determined to address it effectively by incorporating improved personnel safety features into the overall renovation program." The blast protection task was included in the new design work for the first of the Pentagon's five "wedges" and is now a "template" for the follow-on renovation of the other sections.

Eventually, all of the nearly 8,000 windows in the Pentagon will be replaced with fixed double-pane glass mirroring the original architecture but offering improved thermal and ultraviolet filtering properties. However, the new exterior outermost E-Ring windows facing the perimeter roadways and the innermost A-Ring windows (at the courtyard center of the complex), being the most vulnerable, will be blast resistant. The new windows are an insulated, laminated, fully-tempered assembly that is designed to absorb and resist the blast loads without shattering into small projectiles or leaving the frame as a single unit. This design meets the client criteria for translucency and energy efficiency, as well as for safety in a blast event.

You lose......

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Ah, the plane in pa was clearly headed to building 7

If so was heading in wrong direction - Southeast toward Washington DC

Then the hijackers dialed up the frequency for the VOR radio beacon at Regean National airport

Someone should have Bin Laden what direction to fly.....

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

The pentagon walls do some research that is independant of tptb propaganda. And watch the Rumsfeld video before you look stupid uh oh too late for that,

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Then why was the rebar sticking outward in the picture if it was simple walls. The hull of an airplane is sometimes penetrated by birds they are not very strong. Convient how the wings and engines and tail fit through a six foot hole.
The front lawn not messed up. Not one eyewitness seen a plane hit the pentagon, most eyewitnesses tell a conflicting story of direction of flight path of the plane. Not all of the video made public for all to see. Why the cover up if there is nothing to hide?
You seem the only side youy will consider is the "OFFICIAL Story" when their own NIST report is flawed and presents more questions than answers. If you have not read it I would tell you to start there. And yes I can tell you have not read it or you would be able to answer my question about the 52nd floors of the world trade centers.
You choose not to question so our arguements are mute. I will wait for your response.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hanyak69

This is the video of Rumsfeld the day before the attacks
www.youtube.com...
So the missing money and his speech are no longer questioned.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Both engines were found inside the pentagon ???? How did they get there? On the airplane how far apart are they mounted from each other? Makes no sense on how they went in the small opening that was created by the bunker buster missile.
edit on 9-9-2012 by hanyak69 because: spelling

edit on 9-9-2012 by hanyak69 because: spelling key board messing up

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

They re-enforced the windows but not the walls ? That is the mentality the walls are weak but our windows can take whatever you got. That is also why there are so many holes in the official story, cause the people that only want strong windows are the same idiots the re-enforced windows in weak paper thin walls.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69
reply to post by hanyak69

This is the video of Rumsfeld the day before the attacks
www.youtube.com...
So the missing money and his speech are no longer questioned.

i actually remember this press briefing, and of course it was soon forgotten lol.

its amazing how many things the usa public would have loved to know about were destroyed on 9/11.

makes one say hmmmm.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
One of the planes WAS heading for the White House, according to the "official report".

White House wouldn't really have made sense though, flying one into The Capitol would have made a much broader statement.

I think the White House made sense for two reasons.. First, is there anything outside the Statue of Liberty that is more widely known or symbolic to the United States than the White House? I mean, go into remote areas or little backwater areas of nations and show some cards around. What will most likely be recognized? ..before 9/11... The Pentagon? White House? Capital Hill? Twin Towers? Sears Tower?

I'd say you may get knowing looks of recognition to all of the above in some places but narrowing down what starting becoming less and less known, I'd have to say the Capital Building wouldn't be the Symbol of the White House. I don't know about the Pentagon? International people...help? Is our Pentagon THAT well known as a general symbol without label or explanation?

The White House also had the VP and his as well as the whole first Family on the morning of 9/11. If they'd hit targets at the same TIME..as I think they intended...then no warning would have come and again, the President would have been the sole survivor....with no wife or daughters. Not even bodies left to bury by what we saw elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Perhaps because,only weeks before, the Pentagon had gone through extensive beefing up on that one section to make it blast proof with extra thick concrete etc and their records department moved into that very section (think it used to be Rumsfeld's office). Lo and behold, just as they are about to get haulled over the coals for not being able to show where 2.3 Trillion dollars went, their records department gets struck by a hijacked 'plane'. Also luckily it must have destroyed all their 'black ops' dirty dealings too. Who would have thought, eh?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
reply to post by elitegamer23

Perhaps because,only weeks before, the Pentagon had gone through extensive beefing up on that one section to make it blast proof with extra thick concrete etc and their records department moved into that very section (think it used to be Rumsfeld's office). Lo and behold, just as they are about to get haulled over the coals for not being able to show where 2.3 Trillion dollars went, their records department gets struck by a hijacked 'plane'. Also luckily it must have destroyed all their 'black ops' dirty dealings too. Who would have thought, eh?

and if this is the case it was probably so they could tell the american public that the records they seek were destroyed by these evil muslims.

that was just in case, they know the american public is too ignorant and distracted to even ask for for an investigation into anything significant that could change our perception of the government or demand people in power be held accountable.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
No one know where it was heading for sure it is just blind speculation, unless the intended target is revealed or hit then we will never know. The targets were WTC 1 and 2, pentagon, and a field (where jimmy hoffa was burried). It is a mute point to try to figure out, because the attack was never completely finished.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69
The pentagon walls do some research that is independant of tptb propaganda. And watch the Rumsfeld video before you look stupid uh oh too late for that,

Is this really your excuse? Someone posts factual information explaining how you're wrong and you reply by just claiming it's "tptb propaganda"? Absolute nonsense. You're just using it as a way of avoiding having to face the fact you are incorrect.

Both engines were found inside the pentagon ???? How did they get there? On the airplane how far apart are they mounted from each other? Makes no sense on how they went in the small opening that was created by the bunker buster missile.

You are under the mistaken impression that there was a 'small opening'. In fact there was a small exit hole where debris made it further into the Pentagon, but the entrance hole was wide and encompassed both engines.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Here is an interesting source:
thebigbamboozle.com...

He discusses the possible trail to the hijackers bring aided by Saudi Intel,and much more.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
To help out a bit and since I'm in a better frame of mind to look at these again, I've gone back into the trial evidence to pull the photographic evidence from the Pentagon scene. I hope this helps a bit. To recap, the link to the trial exhibits themselves is: United States v. Zacarias Moussaoui

The first one are the stills from the surveillance video outside the Pentagon for the initial impact. Given the speeds involved, nothing caught much more than a few frames...but here that is:

Still frames from impact

This is a detailed model of the Pentagon for comparison. It's a BIG image...over 1mb.

...and a similar view from the air of the real building, post-impact.

Perspective photo of the scene from a distance

Inner Ring of the Pentagon

I believe I recall someone saying this next one was part of the Tail assembly APU.
Aircraft parts inside the building

Outside Facade at night showing collapsed area

Daytime shot of cut-section at impact point. - Width of walls clearly visible

Moving from the trial evidence (I'm skipping the photos of the human damage...I'm not going there), here are a few photos of the wreckage some would say doesn't exist.

The first is from Associated Press from the morning of 9/11 and a piece of the aircraft fueslage.

This is an overhead perspective with a great view of D ring in from E, to better put into context the photos between the rings and why they look like they do.

Now this was estimated to have hit the Pentagon at 550 Miles per Hour. Perhaps as low as 530, but impact came between data points apparently, and speed was increasing on the previous 2 so 550 is what I'm seeing. Much of the debate seems to be that there should be so much MORE remaining of a 757 aircraft running into what amounted to a stone wall. I've dug a few things up for comparison to show...how horribly little actually remains from a paper thin aluminum tube hitting an immovable object at that speed.

Value Jet Flight # 592

Flight 592 crashed nose first into the Everglades in 1996. the photo shows the wreckage..or pure lack of it in any recognizable form. Despite searching for a month in a location where the only man made things would be that airplane or things from it, only 75% of the plane was ever recovered and the remains of 37 out of 108 people located.

168 Killed in Iran Plane Crash - July/09
The same wreck in photos
This wreck was witnessed and was totally destroyed on impact. The second link shows what is meant by totally. A fragment of a wing survived with everything else being reduced to shards and scraps, quite literally. The aircraft was a Tupolev 154. In only spending a half hour or so at this part, this was the best example I can find of a ground impact, with photos and witnesses where almost nothing remained of the original aircraft. To address what surely must be the next question.... The Tu-154 and Boeing 757 are almost identical in size. If anything, the Tu-154 is a hair larger.

Boeing 757 Physical Specs
Tu-154 Physical Specs

Just food for thought....and of course the WTC wreckage is much more apparent. Entire parts of the structure survived that one by being blown clear away from the point of impact.

Examples of High Speed damage to man made vehicles
# 3 and # 7 are good examples of what used to be a vehicle...really..I swear...they used to be recognizable. Both, well under 550Mph and both just disintegrating by sheer speed and physics. No stone wall to shatter them as well.

edit on 9-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Added example...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join