It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "Crazy Survivalists" make this world a better place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Another great article from Alt-Market.com.

Some here respect survival advice, others mock it or trivialize it.

I think this article does a good job outlining the title of the thread.

Human beings hold within them a natural mechanism, a moral dynamo that compels them to alert others to the dangers they see silhouette on the horizon. Every survivalist today has at one time or another felt the overwhelming weight of responsibility that comes with knowing; not believing, but KNOWING the future. The film 'Take Shelter' illustrates the internal and external dilemmas of the survivalist in a way that is striking, beautiful, and affirming.

I had thought about using parables like the ancient Greek story of Cassandra, who was given the gift of foresight and prophecy, but also stricken with a curse which prevented anyone from believing her dire warnings. Or the story of Noah, who was given an omen, a vision of catastrophe, and directed by God on how to save a remnant of life, while knowing that most of the people around him would perish. And what about Galileo, who simply tried to point out the scientific operations of the universe in which we exist, only to be ostracized by his church and government? In these modern times, however, many find it increasingly difficult to relate to mythology, bible lore, or even historical precedence. Luckily, there is always cinema…

Here is the article:

How "Crazy Survivalists" Make the World a Better Place.

The article talks about a new movie with this theme prophecy/warning:

I'm not sure if it's been released yet.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

you begin to forget that there are still many people in this country that are utterly oblivious to the epic dangers around them, as well as painfully helpless in knowing what to do when those dangers land on their doorsteps.
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I crazy survivalist
...Any thing to add to the shelf.I'll definitely watch the movie.Thanks

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Looks like a good movie and something I could definitely relate to. My first marriage suffered under somewhat similar circumstances (no, I didn't build a bomb shelter) but from my constant training on survival skills and purchase of equipment and food. Money was tight and with 2 kids my wife thought I was crazy. I was just a little early is all.

The movie is out out on Blu-ray, dunno if netflix or redbox has it yet though.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
No one likes a chicken little,untill the sky is falling..

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Looks like a good movie and something I could definitely relate to. My first marriage suffered under somewhat similar circumstances (no, I didn't build a bomb shelter) but from my constant training on survival skills and purchase of equipment and food. Money was tight and with 2 kids my wife thought I was crazy. I was just a little early is all.

The movie is out out on Blu-ray, dunno if netflix or redbox has it yet though.

Did you prep for Y2K?

I somehow think many were subtly influenced to prep for Y2K - to set themselves up for a fail - and cause them to ignore the real threat.

I didn't prep at all for Y2K and in fact was on the other side of the world on a business trip. I'm not going anywhere this year.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Y2k didn't worry me at all. I was prepping from the late 80's when G.H.Bush took power. Then Waco and OKC happened and I knew I wasn't wasting my time. Haven't stopped prepping since.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Y2k didn't worry me at all. I was prepping from the late 80's when G.H.Bush took power. Then Waco and OKC happened and I knew I wasn't wasting my time. Haven't stopped prepping since.

Wow, I'm really curious as to what about GW caused you concern way back then.........you have been awake for such a long time! I didn't really start to wake up about everything until the 2008 crash when I started investigating physical gold as an investment - and it seems like gold can be a gateway conspiracy topic - as soon as you look into gold manipulation you find out about the FED which quickly leads you into many other areas......

new topics

top topics

join