It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few things that need discussing (you aren't as dumb as they want you to think)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Here are a few things that recently made me feel it was time to speak on it, and set a few things straight.

Psycological warfare/hate ads. Convincing people that they are not good enough for reasonable pay, not good enough to live in the city they serve in (work in). Convincing them that logic is wrong, and that their outlandish bull# is truth. That they are too ignorant of government and economy, to fully understand the situation. Government and economics themselves are simple, the politicians that massage our government have made it more complicated. Why? It’s simple, the more complicated the system, the easier it is to pull one over on you. Since they are in charge of the system, and constantly changing it to stay one step ahead of logic, they have a severe home field advantage. This is why government and economy has become so complicated in this country.

Teamsters, are bad evil criminals. It may be true that the teamsters as a whole have a few bad marks on their record. Bottom line is, teamsters are supposed to be there to help the working persons in this country. They have routinely gone out on a limb to fulfill this mission. The republican and big business partnership has done all they can to turn you against all teamsters, so be very careful about listening to their bull# story. I won’t get into teamsters like Jimmy Hoffa here, but you can put two and two together. Just like any other powerful group of people, they have corrupt individuals. Absolute power corrupts. Never forget that. The idea of organized labor is a necessary one though. Without employees willing to band together and fight for their rights, employers are allowed to take those rights away very easily. The law was written to allow this.
“A contract is a contract”. Next time you hear of a real teamster, do not be so quick to label them as bad.

The broken economy. Why is it broken? The republicans would have you believe it is because taxes are too high for the rich, which discourages big business from providing jobs. They would also have you believe that lowering them will help, which it will, on the short term. The real problem in our economy isn’t the taxes, it’s the top heavy nature. It’s been discussed and it’s well documented that the bulk of the money in the world economy is in the hands of a very few. This is because republicans have convinced you to constantly make things easier for big business. This turns each first world country into an economics sales machine, that must compete with other countries in the first world to constantly make it easier for big business. It’s a rat race that has caused the top heavy issues, and it’s the reason more money is being printed. This top heavy nature is a long term shortcoming of this “lower the taxes for the rich and the working people will benefit” style of thinking. It’s false, it’s wrong, and it’s the reason our economy is in trouble. It’s no more effective in the long run than stimulus bailouts, and it’s actually the same thing in truth. In both instances the money comes from the government, but in the case of tax adjustment, the money is given back before it is taken. Make no mistake, they all want to do the same thing, which is give the money to big business, and pander to them. They have too much power. Stop giving it to them.

Selective propagation of old school ideals. The new age republican puts forth the republican ideals from the old school that supports their case, and leaves out the ones that do not. They leave out the most important ideals that were meant to keep the republican party honest and well. They talk about honesty, responsibility, but fail to practice it when side stepping blame suits them. This is a big problem. It’s dangerous because many of these people have done it so often that they believe their own lies, they believe their own over inflated image of themselves to be truth. These are the people that after speaking their mind to others become very upset when the person they attacked shares their honest evaluation of them as a person. These types turn to fascism very quickly, and have become a problem for America.

Petty infighting over small issues, and distraction from the real issues. This has been going on forever. Some voters may cast their vote for Romney simply because they are against abortion. Others may vote for Obama because they are against firearms. In both cases the constitution, and not the man in office offers the right answer to both problems. Neither one is important to the presidency because they are already covered elsewhere. Discussing family values is not a political subject. I don’t care how anyone feels about their family. Bill Clinton had weak family morals, and he gave us the best two terms in recent history. Family values discussion is an indirect attack and distraction from issues that matter.

I have no idea what the long term solution at this time would be. I think we've gone too far off course to get back now without a depression or a revolution. I do know for certain that they have no more idea about what to do than you or I. Neither party can fix it because both partys have pandered to the likes of them for too long.

That is all for now.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Apparently the canadian government collects something like $167000000 a day, and only gives $3000000 back to canada.... the queen takes the rest for the "common wealth"....

WTH does she need all of that money for?

Disgusting..... alnog with the Vatican...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

I'm not sure what Canada has to do with this? They're English. What were you expecting?

In all seriousness, make the polliticians EARN your vote. Don't let them trick you with this petty stuff.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel

I'm not sure what Canada has to do with this? They're English. What were you expecting?

In all seriousness, make the polliticians EARN your vote. Don't let them trick you with this petty stuff.

There is nothing anyone can do to earn a vote. Every election is in a sense "buying" your vote with empty promises with a few scraps thrown out to make people complacent enough to accept it as "normal".

Anarchy doesn't work. Yet Democracy doesn't work in the real world either.

If only we had true elections where whoever gains office stops thinking about themselves and works for the common goal of everyone. And I don't mean just the United States. We need leaders in all countries to find this mentality and practice it. Only then will we get anything of real importance done.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

The economy is broken because every time the rich folk's pile of cash is threatened in consequence of their own mismanaging this very same pile, they print all the more money. I hate those people so much.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I don't know you but I can already see that you are a bleeding heart liberal democrat of the entitlement generation who is trying to validate yourself for voting for the worst president dare I say human bring who ever lived, your false political self absorbed ideology is way off base, for the past two recessions that this country has been through I was and am on the real workforce the men and women in this works who have dirt and their own blood under their fingernails from working so f ing hard to keep things from falling apart that it drains your very soul to look at any if these panty waste politicians even speak. But I will tell you right now it was not the republicans who did the most destruction it was the democrat ideology odd entitlement the f ed everything up, the minute affirmative action was implemented in our society that's when things started falling apart the reason for that is because it was no longer the best man foe the job, it became about did we hire our quota of minorities or did we project our companies image to the right demographic, when you give jobs based on anything other than the best man for the job you get substandard quality of work and remember when you screw over the best man for the job for the substandard worker it costs you twice as much to hire the right man to come and do the job because he had to fix what the entitlement worker did.
edit on 8-9-2012 by DonVoigt because: addition

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I'm sure you're figures are more recent than mine. (They cover 2006-2007.) May I ask you to recheck them anyway?

But Tom Freda, national director of Citizens for a Canadian Republic, is not so sure. “Ah, the Monarchists. They love to break it down to per capita and make it sound all nice and rosy,” he says. “But $40 million or $50 million [a year] sure sounds like a lot to me.” The Monarchist League supports that figure, estimating that about $50,147,000 was spent during the 2006-07 year.

www2.macleans.ca...

That works out to a little under $140,000 a day, not the $164,000,000 you mentioned.

As for the Vatican's huge wealth that everybody talks about? That's almost all in land, buildings, and art. Most of the money collected by churches stays with the church. The Vatican doesn't have much cash. After salaries, most goes for mission work.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

$140000 a day????

Well if each person in the country bought ONE item each with only a penny worth of tax on it, and if our population was in fact 140000.......

We pay from 7-12% on everything we BUY here!

Geesh, I paid $6.00 in taxes just for my sushi the other day!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

"We tried it your way. It didn't work."

President Obama, saying what the majority of America is thinking, whether you like it or not.

It sounds to me like you feel entitled as well. I agree with some of the things you believe but it has nothing to do with the democratic party. It's the republicans allowing the machine to convince them of a lie. I bet you work for the government, don't you?
edit on 9-9-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Dear mellisamouse,

Geesh, I paid $6.00 in taxes just for my sushi the other day!
Mice don't eat sushi, cats eat sushi. You'd better not be hangin' with cats if you know what's good for your little whiskers.

It's very possible I misunderstood you. Straighten me out, if I have. I thought that your first post referred to the amount of money spent on the Queen, by Canada. I found an article saying that Canada sent about $50 million a year for the Queen's use. I divided and came up with the $140,000 figure.

Obviously, I've stunned you, so my thinking must be wrong somewhere, help me out.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

No actually I'm an independent you'll notice I included rep and dem in my condemnation their all career do nothings, and there is too many do nothings sucking off that teet. And there is nothing entitled about anything I said, I carry my weight and the weight for others when I can but I won't carry another persons weight forever, I'll help another but I won't let them take advantage of that help.

new topics

top topics

join