It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Police Negligently Shoot Fleeing Convenient Store Clerk To Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The headline says it all. I almost put 'this time' in the headline. A cashier running from an armed robber gets gunned down by cops. I will not post anymore of these type stories. The Lord says not to judge and this continuous onslaught of them is beginning to affect my ability to comply.
****A police officer shot and killed a convenience store worker who plowed into him on a sidewalk while frantically fleeing an armed robbery early Friday, a sudden encounter that the police department called a tragic accident.****
Yahoo! News

edit on 8-9-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I believe the police are starting to believe what most of us are accusing them of. That they are untouchable.

This is getting truly ridiculous and I can see a day coming very soon that the police are going to be targets in the streets for those people just fed up with their ego-maniacal attitudes.

Then it will be citizens who will shoot first and ask later.

Peace

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
NY should be taking the guns off of the POLICE instead of taking them from the people!!!

If NY is so concerned with gun control, then they better disarm the INCOMPETENT NY police.

edit on 8-9-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
More appropriately, the title of this thread should read: NY Police Accidentally Negligently Shoot Fleeing Convenient Store Clerk To Death.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
According to the article, the police looked in the window and saw the two, who were held hostage by the robbers and yet the police officer shot the young man escaping.

:flame :

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Is there really something wrong with American's right now?

Why would you take any of this. Get down there to the cop shop by milions and make some noise, dance on their heads or something real and productive, minus killing them and ensure it never happens again, and that that man is in jail for murder. Show some balls or something, eh. Do something. useful and stop it.

They just talked about the last shootout, again cops doing something terrible. It just never ends.

They looked in the window and new who was who.
edit on 8-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
So, the robbers are getting done for murder (even though the gun was found to be empty) whilst it really was the cop that did the killing and he is on desk duty with a 'he did nothing wrong' attitude?
Not only that, but the cops had looked in the window and identified who was who in the good guys/bad guys stakes and still managed to kill the victim?

It is not like this is the first time this has happened of late either. So what is really going on here? I am in no way a big cop fan, especially when you see how they behave from the videos on youtube, though I do realise there are good cops out there and they do have a really tough job dealing with some really bad dudes. However, we do have to wonder what is happening of late. Is it a case of 'cops pumped up and ready to get the bad guys' and so are almost spoiling for a fight and then just shoot anything that moves? Or is it a case of society getting more and more full of criminals and desperate people turning to crime, and the cops are constantly terrified that today is going to be their last and so shoot anything that moves? Or do they believe the indoctrination they are getting that everyone apart from other cops are 'the enemy' and to be vigilant and kill anything that moves? Or are they just so full of themeselves now that they just kill anything that moves or disagrees/does not do what they are told (bit on the THX1138 side)?

So which is it? Or is it a combination of all of the above depending on the cop?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Investigators believe the impact of Cuevas running into the officer caused him to fire one round, striking the 20-year-old victim in the left shoulder, police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said at a news conference. Cuevas died later at a hospital.
(Op Link Source)

We are all reading the article right? Accident is precisely what this was. It's not even questionable like the BART platform shooting a couple years ago in the California Bay area. This New York cop had no intention of firing his weapon and never meant to shoot the guy. As it happens, talk about TRAGEDY....it was a hit to his shoulder that ended up being fatal. Wow...

Now, that doesn't excuse much as I'm very curious on two things. First....what was his training to have his weapon in a position to shoot the hostage s he's running into him for HELP. Tacky.....to say the very least.

Second.... There are reasons you NEVER EVER see cops with their finger ON the trigger. There are reasons I absolutely HATE the Glock handgun, which an earlier shooting story established as the main weapon for the NYPD. This is why. Had he had his weapon on SAFE.....this wouldn't have happened. Had he been carrying a Springfield XD or other weapon with POSITIVE safety features, like the backstrap/grip safety, this would not have happened.

But..no... Police Departments LOVE the damn Glock that will fire if you even bump the trigger the wrong way...since the trigger IS the only safety the damn gun has. I'd say this is the death of an innocent by BAD training and BAD NYPD Weapons policy.
edit on 8-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

You're right. Got that corrected. I tend to copy and paste the headline. This is fast becoming an everyday issue with the law. It makes me sick. I average 1 or more threads like these a week. That's just the stories I catch. I'm still waiting to hear back from congress rep on his thoughts. Last time I did it, Dick Durbin sent me a thank you email for supporting his immigration policies.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The first thing I thought when I saw the video was that the police officer was too nervous. When the first hostage runs out of the store it looks like he says something to the officer, and when the second hostage runs out of the store it looks like the officer wanted to grab him with his left hand while holding the gun with the right, so, to me, it looks like an accident caused by what looks like nervousness (and lack of support, is he supposed to be alone to face three possibly armed men?) from the police officer.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Or you could say there was an unfortunate incident when the officers gun went of by accident after the victim ran in to him at high speed. He didn't shoot him to death.

Does Jesus condone your exaggeration and hyperbole which intentionally misleads people and demonises someone who should be proclaimed innocent until proven guilty?

No, I thought not.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Judgement and Accountability are too different things my friend.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Give someone a gun and they will shoot someone at some point.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

Give someone a gun and they will shoot someone at some point.

What kind of horse # is this? How about give someone a car and they will run over someone at some point? Knives are for cutting, have you stabbed anyone yet? In the US there are millions upon millions of gun owners who have somehow managed not to shoot any humans. I know it sounds crazy... but its true. Most cops never shoot anyone ever there whole career and they carry every day. When you mix armed robbery and cops with guns drawn bad things happen. This would NOT have happened if the asshole goblin wasn't robbing people.

V

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think I'm more afraid of cops than I am criminals at this point; if a criminal kills you he or she gets a life sentence, but if a cop kills you he or she gets put on desk duty...
edit on 9-9-2012 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join