It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the next (possible world) war.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
as i said who knows what they might be thinking, i told you. they idiots!
who knows what a man will do when his back is to the wall??
hell WILL break loose, thats for sure!

please don't tell me that YOU think that isreal is going to win this time?

they can't keep going on like this forever, losing a 5 man this day and the next killing another 5 of there's, right?

IM just looking at things from a couple point of views, that all. we discussed alot of options, this is one of them!

look we might even go to war over the most important thing, we use daily. something as simple as plain, clean WATER. because this is becomming essentuell as we speak to everyone of us.

[edit on 16-10-2004 by 187onu]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

kix

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
MMMM...I disagrre I think the next WW will be fought for OIL (in case you havent noticed It already has begun)

and then the next will be fought for water (YES H2O)

thats my opinion

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Groupies:

When all is said and done, and the world is marked out on a map, it is fairly clear that EVENTUALLY there will be a war of "preservation" initiated by Anglo world powers:

i.e. that the "western" aggressive hawks (i.e. warlike white governments, e.g. America and Britain) will eventually have to tackle (in some fashion) the expansionist "east" i.e. (larger and more aggressive "yellow" governments) which boils down to a WORLD WAR of so called "white" nations (especially the US and Russia) pitted against China and her eastern satellites....

Nuclear Exchange is very possible, but also a kind of economic war may also come into play between east and west...

America's and Russia's looming (irrational?) fear of eventual World Chinese Dominance will be the ultimate trigger-cause of WWIII----and if it starts in earnest, there will be a concerted effort on the part of both sides to annhialiate as many of the other side as possible.....what Reagan used to call MAD (mutual assured destruction).

No doubt the entire Middle East would be targeted as well, in order to destroy any potential future oil supplies for the eventual "victor"....

Talk about Nightmare Alley....!

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
about this "war", it is ectually good that we went to war for oil. becuase otherwise we wouldn't have none within 10 years.
the saudi resorces will be empty and taxes well it doesn't have much left neither, and sure as hell Sadam would have NEVER gave a drop of oil to the us (we all know why). so this means that every american won't be able to drive his car within 10 years, not only this our tanks, planes ect ect will be useless as well

the big question will be whose friend will we be this time?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
what ya all are mad at bush because he lied to ya? people are stupid, induviduels are smart. you should have figured it out on ya own. it was real easy ectually. at least for me.

you can't trust a politition ever, when they are not feeding the baby they steal its lolly.
they lie and cheat thats their job, look at it this way. america would have never gone alon with what his plan was, there are always those stupid people who simple will never understand whats cooking.
thats why you need people who know what they doing to have the balls and do it, like bush. # he is probably happy with 9/11 on one hand. he probably set it in motion himself!

leadership isn't all about winning its about making the #ty call as well...

[edit on 17-10-2004 by 187onu]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
the world is going to war for a place as big as a couple sqaured feet!
the condamned israelies for example go to war for, when it comes down to it, a 100 sqaured metre's.

kashmir is just a city and when you look at the world map it is not bigger then just a dot. of course it has some value for both sides but # that for now.
and there are probably more valued spots on the earth map!
this is almost retarted....

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cypher
However, I have to disagree with you about the Korean peninsula. One must consider that North Korea has a rather large border with China. If war were to erupt on the peninsula, it is a given that US troops would be involved. Being that that is the case, would China really sit by and let the US defeat North Korea, and thus threaten their borders directly? I cannot forsee any scenario where China would not be drawn into a new Korean conflict.

Turn the situation around. Would the US sit by passively if Chinese troops helped fight a victorius conflict in Mexico?? I think not.
-Cypher

Hmm, fair point, but could perhaps not any exercise against NK be a combined one, given, I imagine China's desire to regain stability in the region as soon as possible. Trade with the US now, trade with the US later - if it comes down to a question of economics vs. ideology, I wonder if China and NK are that close. The other plus, to that approach is that US toops could be diplomatically discouraged from the north of NK, and therefore further from the Chinese border.

I'm looking forward to seeing the subsequent [mis]quotes of this post as evidence that the Chinese are in Mexico

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I guess it is conceivable that China could join in some kind of action against North Korea. Although I still think it is highly unlikely. Obviously from my first post, I believe that this whole thread is mental masturbation, as I really don't believe that there will be a new world war any time soon. As a matter of fact, I think the nature of war has changed since the advent of Nuclear weaponry, to one of isolated conflicts in small theaters. That's another thread, for another time...

Back to the question of NK. I can't see China joining in anything that would risk the destruction of North Korea as a sovereign nation. Just as the old Soviet Union held on forcefully to Poland and the other Eastern European countries as a buffer zone against invasion, so must China do with North Korea. Look at a current world map. China is quickly being surrounded by countries that if not outright hostile to communist China, are definitely not allies. China has Russia (a historic enemy) to the North, Japan, the US, Taiwan and the Philippines to the east and southeast, and India to the South. And, with the increasing influence that the US is wielding in the "Stans" (Afghanistan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, etc..) the western edge of China is now being threatened. Not only that, but if North Korea should fall, it would be much easier for an opponent to project force into the Yellow Sea.

Granted, there could be some form of diplomacy to keep US forces from Northern Korea once again. However, once shooting starts, diplomacy becomes all that much harder.

Just some food for thought,

-Cypher

[edit on 17-10-2004 by Cypher]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
there is another threat that might destroy the world that we even haven't considered! a simple meteor from outta space, look it hit the moon only about a 100 times. look at all the "bumps and depressions it has (as the british lady that can make everyone crazy would say, from keeping up appearences
).
there must be a billion meteors out there, why won't any hit us by accident?? if so were #ed badly, especially if it is a big one because then we might even not be able to destroy it because it is to big and our nukes aren't strong enough..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join