It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama has declared himself the messiah?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
this thread raises a great question:

would the messiah be a politican or president?

my answer is hell no. not because of the individual but because the political system is set-up to reward greed and avarice ("good 'ol boy network") and even the Messiah couldnt get through the ranks succesfully.
i wonder what kind of job the Messiah would have, if any. can one earn a living without taking from others? hmmmm......

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by Kaploink

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Wait, what? Obama goes to a racist church for 20 years and you blame THIS GUY for making it about race? If Bush went to a racist church and people exposed it, they would be the ones making it about race?

What is the implication of Obama attending a church that some view as racist? Has he called for segregation? Has he called for special IQ tests for voting that certain races wouldn't easily pass due to lack of knowledge of the material? Has he called mixed marriage a crime according to the Bible? Has the White House installed separate water fountains for different races? Are certain races required to enter through the back door of he White House?

HE and his media have been dividing people along racial lines, inciting racial hatred and racially fear mongering about those scary white people ever since he took office. Are you really going to play dumb? Do I have to post a few dozen media clips?

Don't forget how he personally got on national TV to make a grandiose speech about getting the FBI involved in the Trayvon Martin case when the media was fanning the flames of a race war and caught editing the interview tapes of Zimmerman to make him look like a white racist.

Then when Daniel Adkins a half white/half latino fellow was murdered (gunned down) by a black guy while walking his dog to Tacobell to get some grub, the media swept it under the rug and the 22 year old black guy was never arrested or charged. In fact the media went out of it's way to ommit the fellows ethnicity (race). Here's an excerpt from the article i read:

Police said a 22-year-old man and a female passenger had ordered food in the drive-thru lane and as they were pulling up to the window, a man walking his dog stepped around a blind corner into the lane.

The driver quickly stopped and exchanged words with the man, later identified as Daniel Adkins. They got into an altercation and the driver shot Adkins one time, according to Phoenix police Sgt. Tommy Thompson

Daniel Adkins murdered at Tacobell

The altercation was later discovered to have happened over Daniel nearly being run over by the 22 year old black male who wasn't watching where he was driving and nearly ran Daniel over and Daniel was shot to death at Tacobell. Oh yeah, notice how the media ommitted the guy was black? Well the media jumped the bandwagon on Zimmerman and couldn't wait to label him a white supremacist when it just so happens that, Zimmeran was also a half white/half latino fellow. So, where was Obama in the Daniel Adkins case? No FBI here to bring his murderer to justice. See the hypocrisy?
edit on 9-9-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IandEye

my answer is hell no. not because of the individual but because the political system is set-up to reward greed and avarice ("good 'ol boy network") and even the Messiah couldnt get through the ranks succesfully.
i wonder what kind of job the Messiah would have, if any. can one earn a living without taking from others? hmmmm......

No, he is the KING and this planet already belongs to him. He has no need to take what is already his.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I always wondered why more people didn't post this clip, like we saw that jesus camp clip during the Bush years. These people are actually praying TO Obama as if he were a god.

Or how about Evan Thomas from Newsweek?

"Obama is sort of like god"

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
years ago i discerned that the 'blue turbin' man of Nostradamus....also to be deemed the 'King-of-Terror'.

would be a dark skin Arab who had affiliations with Pakistan...and whose name would be something like 'Landis'
~all during the past 15 or so years i convinced myself that Osama bin Laden was that man spoken of as the King-of-Terror/ the 'Blue Turbin' by Nostradamus....(Landis was very close to Laden, no?)

but i am re-arranging the deck chairs on this version of the USS Titanic...
i discern that the African-Muslim become President is the real King-of-Terror/the one in the Blue-Turbin
and he will use a version of Salafism to further his cult-of-personality type of Salvation...

no wonder he's at a fracture point with Israel zionists, and the cadre of Republican, zionists / neocons...
this election cycle is much more than politics, it is getting more ideological than mundane politics

Øbama is telling the armed forces overseas their votes will not count, etc

i guess i'll be headed for a reeducation camp after the election

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

www.npr.org...

He denounced the harshness of Wright's words — not because they were false, he said, but because they did not acknowledge the strides that the U.S. has made in the fight against racism. Obama said his own candidacy shows how far the country has come.

Since joining this discussion, I've read through countless websites about Black Liberation Theology. I think I am beginning to understand what is going on.

The way it is starting to come together for me is this: In the 1960s and 1970s, when this movement was officially started, racism against African-Americans was still widely practice. It effected every aspect of an African-Americans life.

I can actually remember this from the white perspective, as white child of the time. I imagine the rhetoric adopted by the originators was simply in response to the their treatment by the white community. I am not saying every white person treated black people in a negative manner. What I know true is this: As the son of a Marine, I lived in 5 distinct geographic locations during the 1970s. Everywhere I went, I observed that black people were treated as inferior. People become hostile when they are treated that way.

I posted the above quote to show what Obama has to say about Black Liberation Theology. I believe Obama seriously stands by his statement that the U.S. has made strides in the fight against racism.

However, while I believe that Black Liberation Theology no longer advocates for the destruction of the white people, I have found it incongruent with my beliefs, It has nothing to do with my lack of Christian faith, but more rooted in my dislike for Marxism.

I will likely read more about this at another time. I need to determine for myself if the movement is still pushing a Marxist agenda, and if so, I will need to determine the presidents view of this before the election.

edit on 9-9-2012 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I read the thread starting post and the video which is included. Interesting opinion I must say and it gave me something to think about.

Social justice is a good thing. It is social justice which allowed the civil rights movement to start and have massive success. Social justice is why there is an 8 hour work day and why many workers in America enjoy working conditions which are the envy of many third world nation workers. It is social justice which gave women, and African-Americans, the right to vote. It is social justice that allowed all American school children the right to the same access to public education.

I could give more examples of what social justice has done in America but I think you get my point.

Obama has never said he is a messiah or anything close to that. As a smooth politician, he does often make reference to social justice and trying to create a better society; something almost all American politicians talk about these days.

BTW I am not an Obama supporter.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

edit on 9/9/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: resize

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

how about 'community organizer'
with a free education in Law and ACORN supported seat to an Illinois Senate seat.

all Øbama has given everyone is 'HOPE' and he appeals for the support of the masses to go 'FORWARD'
what can be more leaning to SALVATION than the course of lifestyle he has chosen

what a symbolic and Platonic cave shadow this abstraction of a real person, is !

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by neoholographic

OOohhhhhh!! I see! You're trying to make this about race!!!

Nonono......
again, you've missed the mark. It is more important than religion or the Constitution. There's no question about that....on a universal level....

Yet you repeatedly post "RADICAL!" Why so vehemently?

What is your problem with social justice, race aside? There are PulLENTy of starving, poor, filthy, neglected, abused white kids....as well as Black, Brown, Asian, Native American and children of mixed ethnicity .....

what about them?
When one man's rights under the "Constitution" equal the death of an unfortunate child who starves due to lack, what results for the human race in general?

facepalm
edit on 8-9-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

It is about race. This is from black liberation theology -

Salvation - Salvation is a collective freedom from the oppression and pertains to blacks in this life. Proponents of black theology are concerned specifically with the political and theological aspects of salvation more than the spiritual. In other words, salvation is physical liberation from white oppression, or "The white enemy" (Cone) rather than freedom from the sinful nature and acts of each individual person. Presenting heaven as a reward for following Christ is seen as an attempt to dissuade blacks from the goal of real liberation of their whole persons.

"A white man who is in power cannot be a Christian, unless he gives up that power and give it to the black man" - James Cone on Black Theology

He's claiming that his presidency and the actions he's taken during his presidency, are questioned because of race and not based on the actual policies he's pursued. He chose that word. No one put it in his mouth.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

It is so wrong because it against our Constitution and the whole meaning of America. Personal responsibility and hard work....not taking from one to give to another to make everyone equal.

Charity is there to lift up those who need it, it is not the domain of the government.....when the government does it, it is theft.

Wait.....I thought the idea of America is "liberty and justice for all." The Pursuit of happiness, and all men created equal (nm that they didn't count women and blacks as people at the time).....

Personal responsibility also means looking after the community; because we all depend on one another. If the wealthy are too selfish to spread it around, then they are thwarting the very idea of America...if the government tries to facilitate the means to ensure that everyone has "plenty", that is NOT THEFT....that is organizing things so that everybody has "enough".....

I really, truly don't see what is so terrible about this idea to some people! The rich are too wrapped up in their yachts and jets and fancy rides to give a crap about anyone else...and that's what America is supposed to be?? I didn't think so, ever, and I still don't.

The affluent are the ones squawking quite loudly because they're not willing to share....and the poor are squawking because they desperately need someone to care, and to help. The middle class is stuck with no power to do anything much but watch and hope they don't wind up in the "poor" camp, while still laboring under the impression they can make it into the "affluent" camp.

What a mess. What a stupid, unnecessary mess.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
OP, salvation has four definitions, only the last of which is religious.

SALVATION:
the act of saving or protecting from harm, risk, loss, destruction, etc.
the state of being saved or protected from harm, risk, etc.
a source, cause, or means of being saved or protected from harm, risk, etc.

So, to put it simply, he is saying he can't save the country from destruction,with out the help of the people. He is encouraging us all to work together to fix the problems in this country before it is too late....

Yeah, the actual explanation of his words may not be as controversial as him calling himself the messiah......But be fair and don't accuse him of saying something he did not...
edit on 9-9-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

He's not talking about religious salvation!

Let's put these quotes in context, shall we???

Obama: "“… working on issues of crime and education and employment and seeing that in some ways certain portions of the African American community are doing as bad if not worse, and recognizing that my fate remain tied up with their fates, that my individual salvation is not going to come about without a collective salvation for the country. Unfortunately, I think that recognition requires that we make sacrifices and this country has not always been willing to make the sacrifices that are necessary to bring about a new day and a new age."

Source1

Obama: Well, you know, it is frustrating, I think. I talk a lot in the book about my attempts to renew the dream that both of my parents had. I worked as a community organizer in Chicago, [and] was very active in low-income neighborhoods working on issues of crime and education and employment, and seeing that in some ways certain portions of the African-American community are doing as bad, if not worse, and recognizing that my fate remained tied up with their fates. That my individual salvation is not going to come about without a collective salvation for the country.

Source2

Originally posted by neoholographic
Yes Obama claimed to be the messiah and this is exactly why Farrakhan called him the messiah.

Jesus didn't say I'm the Messiah when he read Isaiah 61. He read Isaiah and the Jews knew what he was saying.

So, you're comparing Obama to Jesus, now. YOU are. He is not. YOU are.

Obama said, his individual salvation depends on collective salvation.

Sadly, people are ignorant as to what this means.

It would appear that some people are... Yes.
edit on 9/9/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

He said his individual salvation depends on a collective salvation for the Country. This is the most radical thing I ever heard coming from a President.

....Really....?

Seems like a perfectly reasonable statement to me. Radical? Hah!

How is "all for one, and one for all" in any way radical? How, pray, do you draw from a statement of collective and individual wellbeing that Obama claimed himself to be the Messiah?

Only on ATS, I'm afraid...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Rep. Paul Ryan, one of the top contenders floated in GOP circles as a potential running mate to Mitt Romney, addressed a sold-out audience Tuesday evening at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Library, telling the friendly audience that he believes Romney will “save this country.”
ABC news 3/23/2012

I think the OP is a bit of an exaggeration on the meaning of Obama's words. Just like I wouldn't say Paul Ryan thinks Romney is the messiah based on the quote above.

Good job on the sensationalist title, though. Should get you a lot of traffic on the thread.
edit on 9/9/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

No. he just calls himself the first black president as do all his followers......

At least the white part of his family loved him and cared for him....but they also raised him by the communist ideology.

This screwed up something in his head....they were white apologists, had alot of white guilt I would presume. His grandparents and mother spent alot of time making sure he was raised by the likes of Frank M Davis.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wildapache

I never mentioned Jesus...so don't quote me if I'm not the one you are replying to...Obama's agenda has nothing to do with religion, imo......he just uses the church when convenient.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You have to study up more on Farakkan and his history and beliefs.....when he talks about "saving" and "helping" it always about the blacks...not all of us.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

No, he is the KING and this planet already belongs to him. He has no need to take what is already his.

thank you for that very straightforward and solid answer. about the Messiah, not Obama, right?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Enjoy your search...
...alot of it shocked the hell out of me. I was a bit naive at first thinking it was all about ending racism and everyone living together in peace and harmony.

The readings of Malcom X etc...woke me up....it may have been years ago but the work has been carried on and they are really making strides.

If you think anything like me you will start to connect the dots...the celebrity culture, knocking down of moral standards, intensifying white guilt. It goes on and on all leading to their version of the New United States.

It is an unspoken thing among the followers of this ideology, they act differently when in the presence of lighter skin people, talk differently etc.....pretend to assimilate.

I still feel it is a small minority of the country, but the problem is those that have been hoodwinked by O and follow him just because he's charming or the first "black" president.

Why should it even matter what color someone is? I thought that was where we were heading, but sadly no...there are those that want to keep divisions for their own nefarious deeds.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join