Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Existence explained (through simple observation)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Why do we exist?

This question cannot be answered because the question "why" can only be formed by the mind, and the mind itself is a part of existence, and existence simple exists. Therefore, to ask "why does existence exists" is to go beyond existence itself (the non-existent).

What is the purpose of life?

Existence is one quality - to exist
Life results in thought, action, emotion, desire - however,
there are all functions of its one quality - "to live".

Existence is silence. It is without thought, emotion, desire, or intention - without "form". It is just "being", not being "something" or awareness of something "being", but just "being" itself. Some call it "void" or "nothingness" but this is still "something" because it is existence itself - it just has no "form" (matter/light).

To see beyond life is to see from the view of existence itself - which is everything. Instead of the view of life which is specifically filtered from the thoughts, emotions, and desires of its species (whether dog, human, or any other being), existence is be without bias (life perspective).

How would you be if you did not seek "pain" or "pleasure", "approval" or "rebellion", "survival" or "death"?

How would you be if you allowed the body to eat when hungry or sleep when tired - instead of eating or sleeping because of desire - allowing desire to pass and allowing instinct to move the body?

Humans will not get the true form of "To Be" because there are still thoughts, emotions, and desire -regardless of how few there are. Even survival is a desire.

There is nothing wrong with "desire", "thought", "emotion", or "intention" - life is just doing what it does - living - and all of this is a part of life - but there is something beyond life and it is pure existence - just being - and the only way to get back to the broader perspective of "Existence" is to release.

Accept that you are human, allow the thoughts and desire to come - but release them - do not hold on - do not cling to the past - let it go. Release, release, release, let all things go.

As you release thoughts of desire - the body will still act instinctively without the need for your thoughts - because that is the function of the body - to protect itself.

Hopefully, it will bring you the awareness that you are NOT the body or the thoughts, or the emotions, or the desire, or life itself. You are beyond human lie and its biases - you are puring existence - pure being itself - pure silence....

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Augghh. What?

So with no further double-talk, where is "existence explained" as your title says?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Very confusing thread, lost me a few times. Great writing and thinking overall. S+F waiting for some comments.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
There is fundamental differences between something that exists and something that is alive. You are using astrophysical concepts, biological concepts, philosophical concepts and spiritual concepts and putting them all together to explain what existence is and is not. which you fail to demonstrate.

Although what you are saying is very interesting and beautiful i have to disagree with the overall message. A rock exists because it is part of the closed system that is the Universe, can be observed, interact directly or indirectly with the rest of the closed system etc... I too exist but am alive. Once the biological machine is no longer able to keep the specific combination of atoms that permits my body to not decay, i will die. Me as the entity i was will no longer exist. Of course the atoms that were once me will still exist.
edit on 8-9-2012 by plank because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I was going to say something poignant and get a bunch of stars but my mind of pure existence released it while I was typing.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Why do we exist?

Quick answer : 42

Long answer : We are all fallen spirits.

What better way to learn from our previous mistakes than to constantly relive the same patterns whilst in mortal form.

Ascension is like the refining of silver. After every stage we get closer to pure goodness but never perfect.

Only YHWH is perfect.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You were deeply rooted in logic right up until this point:

but there is something beyond life and it is pure existence

How can you go from understanding that even a rock exists, to such unprovable, metaphysical assumptions?
If everything in the universe is made from, well, everything in the universe, then how can anyone claim that our energy goes on after death while the energy of a bug or a drop of water doesn't? Does water go into another dimension when it evaporates? No, it stays right here. Does the energy of a rotting tree slip into some unknown void? No, all of it's gases and material stay right here. Not one bit of anything can slip out of this universe.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
We don't exist until it is proven that we do. Only one that makes the claim of existence has the obligation to prove it therefore until such time I don't believe that we do.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by plank

Originally posted by plank
There is fundamental differences between something that exists and something that is alive.

Exactly. The quality of existence is to exist. The quality of life is to live, but it is the living which creates desire, intention, emotion, and thought.

Originally posted by plank
Once the biological machine is no longer able to keep the specific combination of atoms that permits my body to not decay, i will die. Me as the entity i was will no longer exist. Of course the atoms that were once me will still exist.

This "entity" of you, already does not exist. It is an illusion when you hold on to preferences/desires, then you say "that is what makes me - me". There is no cell in your body from when you were a baby that is there today, the body as you knew it already "died" and there are completely new cells. Maybe you are speaking holistically believing that you are not just the cells but the entire body - and to that I'll reply in this way: since you do not feel the "awareness" of your cells, how do you know that you aren't everything from out of your body as well?

Living or non-living all is connected by Existence.

reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
I was going to say something poignant and get a bunch of stars but my mind of pure existence released it while I was typing.

Maybe you are right. Typing on an internet forum is not exactly "instinct", but I guess it doesn't matter anyway. I was explaining existence not telling people that they must live in a specific way - but if they want - they can release it all and just be.

reply to post by Rapha

I wasn't asking the question, I was just making up titles which happen to be questions in order to organize and explain...

Will you respond to the actual information presented?

reply to post by jiggerj

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by arpgme

You were deeply rooted in logic right up until this point:

but there is something beyond life and it is pure existence

How can you go from understanding that even a rock exists, to such unprovable, metaphysical assumptions?

I explained things in this way, Existence, and then a sub-group of that is Life, so saying that there are things "beyond" life, means that there are things which exists but are not living. Which part of that is assumption?

Is a stapler living? Is a rock living? Or are they just beyond the sub-group I called "Life" and just existence?

reply to post by arpgme

If everything in the universe is made from, well, everything in the universe, then how can anyone claim that our energy goes on after death while the energy of a bug or a drop of water doesn't?

I don't think I make such a claim here. When you say "our energy" what do you mean? Your thoughts? Your emotions? Your intentions? Those things are not you because you can witness them change, come and go. So, it isn't your "energy" (whether you believe it is physical or not).

reply to post by arpgme

Does the energy of a rotting tree slip into some unknown void?

The tree may rot and die but it is still existent. It left the sub-category of life, and now it is in the broader category of just "existence".

I call life a "sub-category" of exist because all life is existence but not all existence is life.

reply to post by g0dhims3lf

Originally posted by g0dhims3lf
We don't exist until it is proven that we do. Only one that makes the claim of existence has the obligation to prove it therefore until such time I don't believe that we do.

There is no reason to assume that something doesn't exist unless there is proof. Why should we believe that Mars, Venus, and the other planets didn't exist until we proved so?

Are you reading my words? Then they exist - they are "being" here for you to see - so we can conclude that existence exists.
edit on 8-9-2012 by arpgme because: spelling errors

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I can conclude that you are definitely not, "pure silence".

Existence is silence. It is without thought, emotion, desire, or intention - without "form". It is just "being", not being "something" or awareness of something "being", but just "being" itself. Some call it "void" or "nothingness" but this is still "something" because it is existence itself - it just has no "form" (matter/light).

by this definition then existence is everything and nothing which means it is finite and infinite or in other words unanswerable.
There is no begining, there is no end. There is only "what was, what is and what will be." Meaning no matter how far back or how far forward we go that will remain true and the ultimate question will always remain unanswerable.
edit on 8-9-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Only YHWH is perfect.

The one from Jersey Shore?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by g0dhims3lf
I can conclude that you are definitely not, "pure silence".

Who am "I"? The thoughts, the words, the body? I am not. I am pure silence.

Although actively trying to quiet the mind will help bring this awareness closer.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

by "you" I mean "me" by me I mean "no-one" by no-one I mean "nothing" by nothing I mean
(.......)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

That video makes a lot sense. This is why I said that it doesn't make sense to ask "why" things exist. Because to question "why" something is doing something (existing), then we have to go beyond it.

For example, why does water exist, well from the human perspective - it's there to keep us alive. In reality it just "is".

(notice why I said existence is the only true perspective - because anything else adds opinions OVER reality instead of seeing it as it really is).

To ask "why" something exists, you have to go beyond it, but how can one go beyond existence (anything and possibly everything that did, is, will, or may exist)? There would be "nothing" else...

Anyway, Existence is All.

I don't understand the idea that existence is "illusion", because if existence is all there is, what are we comparing it to in order to call it an "illusion?
edit on 8-9-2012 by arpgme because: spelling

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I'd just like to say that I enjoy your posts and consider you a highlight among philosophical posters on the threads I've read. My comment wasn't meant to mock and I think your point here is a good one.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
“The quality of existence is to exist.”
arpgme
Existence is not a Predicate!
www.philosophyofreligion.info...

plato.stanford.edu...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Beautifully put, in my opinion. Star and Flag

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wittgenstein

It seems like you have an issue more with the way I phrased the language rather than the actually philosophical argument.

Instead of saying "The quality of existence is to exist", let me say it in another way.

To exist is to exist. To live results in thought, desire, and intention, therefore, there is no "purpose" of existence since "purpose" implies intentions (or a finish place or goal) and such thinking can only exist in life.

For example, a person can say "The purpose of water is to keep us alive".

In reality, water has no "purpose" - it just exists, but living beings can drink it to keep themselves alive.

The reality is that everything just exists. The idea that thinks have "purpose" can only existence from the intentions of the individual who's thinking.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I think the question is the problem and the problem is the answer. The observer is perceiving only that which can be perceived by our limited sensory perception, relative to the observer, further limited by the unique attributes such as brain chemistry and life experience, confining the observers ability to perceive to only that which makes sense to the observer. No 2 individuals perceive the world as the same, but from their own unique slant. The only thing we can be certain of is that we exist because we are aware, everything else has been been assembled and put together by our physical brain. It is what it is regardless of how we see it or want it to be. So, where the hell was I? I'm pretty sure things exist outside the spectrum of human experience, but you are very brave to venture forth with your telling of what seems to be an almost impossible one man attempt at explaining existence, I'm not even in the ballpark anymore...This is my first post, n

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Reality would only be a part of existence and calling it an illusion is only stating it may not be what it seems to be. There are many theories that make sense about what reality may or may not be beyond what we are able to perceive it as. Existence may be made up of multiple realities in which case reality in itself is only a necessary but not sufficient part of existence.
edit on 9-9-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join