It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on here?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
So chemtrails are all a plot by ATS to make money from adds?? Ah...I see now...

Wow...We have solved the riddle...

Skeptic Overlord is the Evil mastermind behind the whole Chemtrail phenomenon!

Whodathunkit?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Well, all of those were military aircraft, i do not see the reason for your skepticism.

It reminds me of 9/11 scoffers..the world view dictates what is beliieved, NORMALCY is what is cried by the naysayers...

These dam trails whatever they are, are surely causing a great deal more climate change than anyone of the deniers would care to admit, and (LOL) they say it is only because airlines want to save money !

It would seem obvious that in conditions that would form these heavy contrails, that elevation is certainly NOT a prime location for flying, super cold with massively dense air ??

Sounds like an energy drag situation, please enlighten us with science as to how it is BETTER to fly and create clouds that darken the planet to save a few dollars with yet again NO REAL EVIDENCE of how this benefits anyone...all the while ruining the skies, hiding the stars, and releasing all manner of gases into elevation levels that OTHERWISE DO NOT GET TOUCHED.

I would think all the contrailers would be on the case to prove that CONTRAILS ARE DANGEROUS,, and not the friendly lovely clouds they so truly love.

How could these possibly get so much love from such a weird crowd ?? We want to know.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

There's no denying that contrails are causing sun blockage. Airline companies and manufacturers are well aware of the problem and are working on ways to reduce moisture in jet engines so as to reduce contrails.

To answer your other question, due to the density of the air at those higher altitudes, the wings produce more lift, thus making the engines work less harder and actually making the aircraft fly faster. That saves fuel costs because the aircraft can fly farther, faster at higher altitudes than it could at lower altitudes.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I am not agreeing either way on contrails vs chemtrails, but after reading through this thread I was curious... if you see a MILITARY aircraft leaving these trails.. what do you make of it? I have seen military aircraft with JET engines leaving "chem/contrails" that were coming from the wings.. not the jets which were on the back of the aircraft.

Something to think about...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FightClub
I am not agreeing either way on contrails vs chemtrails, but after reading through this thread I was curious... if you see a MILITARY aircraft leaving these trails.. what do you make of it? I have seen military aircraft with JET engines leaving "chem/contrails" that were coming from the wings.. not the jets which were on the back of the aircraft.

Something to think about...

Military aircraft leave contrails like any other plane. And all planes can leave "aerodynamic contrails" from the wings, under the right atmospheric conditions.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by _BoneZ_

These dam trails whatever they are, are surely causing a great deal more climate change than anyone of the deniers would care to admit,

"Deniers" admit they cause as much climate change as the science shows they do - which is not all that much.

Do you have any evidence that contradicts that??

Or is it that you just don't care about facts?

...and (LOL) they say it is only because airlines want to save money !

They don't make contrails for any reason at all - they couldn't care less whether they make contrails or not.

It would seem obvious that in conditions that would form these heavy contrails, that elevation is certainly NOT a prime location for flying, super cold with massively dense air ??

That is nonsensical.

Air at higher altitudes is less dense, not "massively dense"

Sounds like an energy drag situation, please enlighten us with science as to how it is BETTER....

Here you go, or here, or here for something a bit more "scientific" while still being readable

to fly and create clouds that darken the planet to save a few dollars with yet again NO REAL EVIDENCE of how this benefits anyone...

Except for causing less pollution through burning less fuel and allowing cheaper travel?

....all the while ruining the skies, hiding the stars, and releasing all manner of gases into elevation levels that OTHERWISE DO NOT GET TOUCHED.

Ah - so you are against pollution - well that is fair enough.

But of course the pollution is there whether contrails are formed or not - so are you against all high altitude flying??

I would think all the contrailers would be on the case to prove that CONTRAILS ARE DANGEROUS,,

Do you mean chemtrailers would be on that case??

How could these possibly get so much love from such a weird crowd ?? We want to know.

What love??
What weird crowd??

edit on 9-9-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
reply to post by stumason

I understand the science behind contrail formation and I do understand how atmospheric conditions can contribute to their persistence. It must be getting pretty cold up there in the sky this time of the year

It is always freezing cold up there at any time of year, that's how contrails form when the water vapour freezes into ice crystals, even for short trails and even on hot days for us on the grounds.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hrabialolo
Well my friend,..contrails stay only for several minutes and disappears,chemtrails stays for hours and slowly expanding like those on your picture ...so what's going on..??

And which lucky bag did you pick that nonsensical statement from. Let me guess it must be true because you believe it.

Know what a cloud is ? Water vapour and/or ice. Know what a contrail is ? Water Vapour and/or ice. Sheeesh!

I mean a huge DUH would be appropriate here as well.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

And anyone else interested

If you have a smartphone or tablet with a front facing camera you can download the flightradar24 App, this displays info like the website and is portable, but more than that, it has a feature where you can hold your phone camera up towards any plane you see in the sky and it will give you the data for it, very much like the iPads well publicised Star Walk app.

I've used it a few times when out and about cos I like gadgets but if you are concerned about trails this will let you identify the cause of them

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Here you go this should be helpful...

But I don't expect many chemtrailers to use it as they are scared of the truth, because it goes against their beliefs.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hey that's cool, I didnt know siri could do that (though it can't seem to do very much in the UK at all). The app I wrote about works with all smart phones. I'll try and grab a screenshot if I can .

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

I just happen to come across that neat little tool,but I don't expect the chemtrail believers to actually use something so easy as it would go against everything they think they know.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

That's so true but at least they have no excuse, here's what the app looks like on screen

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Thanks, I am downloading it now, this should be fun to use

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
FlightRadar24 is great in Europe, but only get about 10-20% or so of the planes in the sky in the US, as they are a bit behind with the ADS-B.

Still will get some of the planes leaving trails though.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by waynos

I just happen to come across that neat little tool,but I don't expect the chemtrail believers to actually use something so easy as it would go against everything they think they know.

G Edward Griffin does encourage them to use it - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

It is always freezing cold up there at any time of year, that's how contrails form when the water vapour freezes into ice crystals, even for short trails and even on hot days for us on the grounds.

If this where the case then I would think you would see them at the same altitude, every single day, persisting for hours and hours to form clouds, in the abundance they are in the OP's picture. Yes, of course it is cold up there every day but the temperature fluctuates, does it not?
edit on 10/9/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

It does, but at the sort of altitudes where contrails form, which is around 25,000ft and higher, it is about -20/-30 all the time. Aircraft flying at those heights will always form a trail, every single time.

The real variant is relative humidity, a high enough RH will mean the air is holding as much water as it can and so the trail cannot do anything except hang around until that condition is no longer present, which can be hours. At other times, with lower RH values the moisture sublimates and the trail disappears, sometimes very quickly indeed and all you can see is a short dart of a trail such as in the screenshot above. When you see a jet leaving no trail at all, then it is invariably lower down, even if you think otherwise and the fr24 app has demonstrated that to me time and time again. It is a combination of temperature and RH that determines what the trails do and that's why trails can look so different not just from day to day, but even in different parts of the sky.

edit on 10-9-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
reply to post by waynos

If this where the case then I would think you would see them at the same altitude, every single day, persisting for hours and hours to form clouds, in the abundance they are in the OP's picture. Yes, of course it is cold up there every day but the temperature fluctuates, does it not?

Temperature is not the main issue - it is always cold enough "up there" for ice to form - whether it is -35 deg or -45 deg does not make a lot of difference to that.

What does make the major difference is the humidity - it can be 10% or 90% only a few metres apart (relatively speaking)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Thanks for the information and reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join