It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on here?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hi ATS,
Was just stood outside work having a smoke and looked up at the sky to see this: My first thought was to bring it to ATS...

Quite an amazing pic, even if it is totally benign. No, I do not believe in chemtrails. These are in fact contrails.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The reason I post this is because the same pictures are trotted out as "proof" of chemtrail spraying. Well, I am posting this as "proof" that what people are seeing is simply contrails.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You must live somewhere with a lot of commercial air traffic. I think its strange when these patterns start forming in areas where there is little air traffic. I don't believe they are dumping chemicals but I do think they are intentionally creating cloud for whatever purpose. It just makes sense from what I have seen with my own eyes when contrails amass in a certain part of the sky in X patterns miles away from any commercial airport.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Indeed I do, about 30 miles from Heathrow in fact.

Now, I don't get these all the time, it totally depends on the atmospherics. This is the first time this year I've noticed them quite so prominently. I suspect the same could be said for area's with low traffic.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Nice pic, what town are you in? I'd like to post the satellite photos for comparison.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

That would be Bracknell, Berkshire, England.

Post code, if it helps for the specific location, is RG12 1HL..

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well my friend,..contrails stay only for several minutes and disappears,chemtrails stays for hours and slowly expanding like those on your picture ...so what's going on..??

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hrabialolo

That's the thing, these are NOT chemtrails. These are merely contrails that, with the right conditions, linger. I was watching the planes make them and their just your average airliners going to and from Heathrow.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Funnily enough I was working outside tonight thinking just the same thing about the contrails being lit up purple by the setting sun,wondering how many people were looking up and saying "Oh my god Wilberforce,they're spraying us with potassium permanganate.Lets start a thread on ATS about it"

I see from the forecast there's a weather front approaching us due to get here on tuesday,so I guess we can expect them to be even more persistent by tomorrow and a cloudy day on monday.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Seen very similar grid pattern here in Wiltshire today, they were literally 3 at a time each way, making squares in the sky. There are often such trails here but today they covered all the sky instead of the usual flight paths.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Here's the Terra and Aqua satellite images:

lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov...
lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov...

Here's the Terra image showing your location. It was taken at a different time, but you can see several contrails of the Channel, and to the East of London.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Just what we prayed for.

Another pointless contrail vs chemtrail thread based solely upon a photograph, rendering the chance of coming to a real conclusion impossible from the beginning.

Only people bored to death, or people with insufficient mental capacities would post a picture of sugar on an internet forum and argue all night whether it's sugar, salt or maybe even aluminum oxide, no ?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I understand the science behind contrail formation and I do understand how atmospheric conditions can contribute to their persistence. It must be getting pretty cold up there in the sky this time of the year. Been feeling more like Fall everyday for the last week, even though temperatures remain around the mid 20's during the day. I, on the other hand, have been seeing trails in the same parts of the sky throughout the day for most of the summer.

Although I look at them and it boggles my mind as to why they are their, and why the look so different than what I am used to, the "poisoning us all" scenario is just ridiculous in my opinion. I tend to lean towards the "if" something is going on that is NOT normal its more likely due to a change in the climate, and earth in general, that is causing them to become more noticeable and persistent. (Last month I saw a few X patterns that completely bloomed out to full blown cloud in roughly 10 minutes. Seemed pretty fast for everyday trails.)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Oh cheer up, Grumpy...

If you don't want to read it, then don't click on it.

That said, there is no debate about what these are. These are contrails from genuine airliners. There is no argument about that.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Today here, they were unusual in that just like these pictured by OP they were truly in a grid covering all the sky, almost exact spacings between and in threes, ie. patterns where the densities were in threes, and at right angles.

They also weren't covering the area of sky the normal flight paths show. It was unusual and there is the possibility that these are deliberate chemtrails for a purpose, be it good or not. There is such a conspiracy and people like to know about it.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Cool

Hardly surprising, really. 3 major international airports to the North, South and West of London with air traffic pretty much 24/7 (except the really early hours)..

The grid patterns you see (this is to the other poster) are the holding patterns as well as the flight paths. On a busy day, there can be dozens of aircraft circling just waiting to land, all criss crossing at different heights in the stack, waiting their turn.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Dude, Wiltshire is just the next county over from Berkshire. If we're in the flight paths of Heathrow and Gatwick, so will you be.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

For those who don't know, Wiltshire is the one marked in red:

Berkshire, where I and Heathrow lie, is the skinny little one to it's right... Oh, you'd also have the flight paths for Southampton International Airport too, I'd imagine..
edit on 8/9/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Uncinus

Cool

Hardly surprising, really. 3 major international airports to the North, South and West of London with air traffic pretty much 24/7 (except the really early hours)..

The grid patterns you see (this is to the other poster) are the holding patterns as well as the flight paths. On a busy day, there can be dozens of aircraft circling just waiting to land, all criss crossing at different heights in the stack, waiting their turn.

Contrails that form directly overhead you are unlikely to be for London, as they will be too low. More likely transatlantic flights.

However contrails that formed over 100 miles away from you can easily blow within sight in an hour or two.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Aye, that is true.

Given the UK's position to western Europe, it makes sense we see many overlfights...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join