It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey ATS figured I'd say hey. Dealing with life and pain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
May be taking some time away from work and life. 52 yrs old. Cluster headache sufferer for 30+ year and they seem to be getting worse. Having trouble dealing with things anymore.
Strong interest in UFOs since experience while camping when 13. Parents also had experience in 70's.
So. May be having some free time to try to relax in between bouts of unbearable pain.
Just started a weird cocktail of drugs to try to stop this cycle which has been going on since April.
Glad to now be an official ATS member.
Dan

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Pokenaut

Hi Pokenaut welcome aboard the good ship ATS and enjoy the journey .
An ATS steward should be along shortly to serve drinks and give you something to read .

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Welcome, Pokenaut.

You don't, by any chance, drink diet sodas?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Greetings!...
I am glad you joined. I look forward to your input.

I am hoping that your new medicine cocktail will work for you in a positive way; and that the pain will leave your body.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
Welcome, Pokenaut.

No, no aspartame or such for me although I am by no means a Saint.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hi.
Interesting signature, what's it meaning?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Welcome to the semi crazy house , it is a fun place.
I have found you really can get some good advice on here if you need it!
AHH! But watch out for the dark side.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Hi Dan and Welcome to ATS !!

Plenty of threads on UFOs to keep your mind busy. Hope the medication works.

Happy posting !

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by otie1
Hi.
Interesting signature, what's it meaning?

It's the way I feel lately. My state of mind

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hi Dan! Welcome to ATS! I hope you are able to find relief from those headaches.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Hey, hello and I felt your pain.

Yes, I got headaches for the last 3 years that got very bad in the last six months.

I read about the elimination diet, when you start to eliminate foods that are know to be very allergenic, then after few weeks you see if your headaches becomes better.

I started with eliminating all dairy, then gluten, then medications.

After three months of trial and error, I discover that I am allergic to dairy and I have drink milk all my life, that help with the sinus pain and pressure.

I discovered that one of the medications I have been taking for the last 3 years also added to my headaches.

Thankfully I am no allergic to gluten.

But now every time I drink milk the headache comes back, if I take the medication again sinus pressure and frontal lobe headache will follow.

I am sure that the environment and what we eat have a lot to do with how we feel.

I hope you find a way to get away from the headaches.
edit on 8-9-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Welcome Dan! Grab a chair and put on your aluminium / tinfoil hat!

I am a regular haver of migraines and I know cluster headaches are a whole lot worse than that
I know it's rough but I hope you have some great people around you that makes the day to dayness of life enjoyable!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Hey, hello and I felt your pain.

Yes, I got headaches for the last 3 years that got very bad in the last six months.

I read about the elimination diet, when you start to eliminate foods that are know to be very allergenic, then after few weeks you see if your headaches becomes better.

I started with eliminating all dairy, then gluten, then medications.

After three months of trial and error, I discover that I am allergic to dairy and I have drink milk all my life, that help with the sinus pain and pressure.

I discovered that one of the medications I have been taking for the last 3 years also added to my headaches.

Thankfully I am no allergic to gluten.

But now every time I drink milk the headache comes back, if I take the medication again sinus pressure and frontal lobe headache will follow.

I am sure that the environment and what we eat have a lot to do with how we feel.

I hope you find a way to get away from the headaches.
edit on 8-9-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

There doesn't seem to be a direct correlation between ingested diet and clusters, although once in a cycle some things can seem to trigger an attack. That's the thing. There are two types of cluster sufferers. Episodic and chronic. Mine , for 3 decades have been episodic, with attack cycle lasting two weeks to two months, with remissions of up to 4 years.
This cycle started in April and isn't leaving. My fear of going chronic has consumed me. When in recovery from an aborted attack (wake up in agony and inject myself with Imitrex or Sumatriptan) instead of relaxing, I am behind the desk at a high-stress job.
I really am running on empty.

I see a mental health professional for the first time next Monday. My job is arranging it as they are concerned as to my condition and depression. I finally agree it can't hurt.

The current leading thought on the cause of cluster is a malfunctioning hypothalamic gland in the center of the brain.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I used to have migraines when I was a teen up until I was in my late 20s, took medication for them, I was on and off of the headaches for years, until now.

If you want to, just try an elimination diet it will not hurt, plus you will see some pounds melt away in the process that is a bonus. You have been having problems for so long that has become chronic, medications only help temporarily and you will always need more to cope.

I hope you take a chance and try to see if is a food trigger along with you medical problems.

I wish you the best in finding a cure for your headaches or at least some relief.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
(Johnny rolls out the Welcome Wagon Buffet Cart, cues the music to be played for the 25 Cent Tour)

Welcome Pokenaut

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from & to add your thoughts to right now. Once you have achieved a minimum of 20 post replies, you'll be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pokenaut

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
Welcome, Pokenaut.

No, no aspartame or such for me although I am by no means a Saint.

'Glad to hear it. I only asked because I have a sister whose life is literally crippled by migraines, but she refuses to give up the Diet Cokes. That knocking sound you hear is me banging my head on the wall in frustration. I hope and pray that your condition gets better. "Cluster headaches" do not sound fun.

Well, again, welcome to you! This site will certainly be a great distraction from your pain and I think you'll find many kindred spirits, here.

top topics

join