It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman donates car to student struck by hit-and-run driver while walking 15 miles home!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Finally a nice story where one human being helps out another!

Branden Whitehead, who was seriously injured by a hit and run driver while walking 15 miles home from his Georgia college classes, may never have to make the journey by foot again thanks to a local woman inspired by his story.

Nope, it wasn't the government who helped this student, it was someone like you or I!

Peebles donated her 1990 Cadillac Fleetwood after learning about Whitehead's accident, which police are still investigating as they search for a possible suspect.

"The thought of my kid walking, I don't even want to think about it. So I said nope, that's it, end of story he's going to get this car," Peebles told MyFoxAtlanta.com.

Source

Bless her heart! She is my hero in these troubling times......

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I absolutely love, love, love this story! It is heart warming and inspiring as well as motivating; reminding me of the attitude of... what can I do to help someone today.

I know that many cannot afford to give a car away; but a kind word; a helpful hand; etc can mean a lot.

Thank you for presenting this story. It is wonderful to get good news for a change!....

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I absolutely love, love, love this story! It is heart warming and inspiring as well as motivating; reminding me of the attitude of... what can I do to help someone today.

I know that many cannot afford to give a car away; but a kind word; a helpful hand; etc can mean a lot.

Thank you for presenting this story. It is wonderful to get good news for a change!....

It warmed my ole ticker as well!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm staggered......

I'm shocked both by the generosity of the person who donated the car but also by the sheer determination and drive to succeed which has a person walking 15 miles each way to College classes. I sit next to people in my own Comm College courses that talk about staying in or dropping classes..or even their whole program...over things like a decimal point change in GPA. 3.5 instead of 3.8. That sort of silliness. Then, to hear about someone like this...

Now to those who would ever question the American determination to succeed, I point to this guy and his 15 mile hike just to attend classes he's having to pay for on top of it all. Then, the American who just handed the person a car, after hearing about such sacrifice being made regularly with a hit/run to show for it.

Stories like this remind me why I'm so proud to live where I do and with the fellow citizens (MOST of them) we're blessed with as neighbors. S/F and thanks for a very positive story for a change!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Nice story, thanks OP, cheered me up.

What a lovely lady donating her car.

Its reading things like this that makes me realise there are still good people in this world.

Also kudos to the student who walked that many miles each day to college, thats dedication.

top topics

join